Sun Trust Bank / make a smart choice and go with different bank

My husband and I got a 2003 Ford Escape in 2003! We made every payment!!! in January 2009 we sent in the "LAST" payment along with a note (thanks to my Grand mom)stating this was the last payment in our Book and That we thought we were payed off! so now TODAY! June 12, 2009 My Husband wakes up to go to work! and Guess What THE TRUCK IS GONE! We have never received anything stating we owed them never received another Payment Book, not even a Phone Call to let us know anything! so while I am on the phone with 911 they let us know that our car was repossessed!BY SUN TRUST! We call them and they inform us that we still owe another YEAR on our truck and could not give an answer to y we were never informed that we owed anything else! We have been tring to get in touch with the Manager Gary McWind But that was like an Hour ago and still No call from him!!!

I think your Bank is a Sham and I will Be contacting the Better Business Bureau! and I hope everyone else who is going through this kind of CRAP!! do the same or do what we should have done ( like MANY people told us to do) go with a diffrent BANK!!

Comments

• Mm
      25th of Mar, 2010

You probably were issue a loan book with 60 payments like ours had, Then when I had called one day for a payoff, they said we still owed until we had 72 payments. I said we only had 60 pay tickets in our book, but they said we had signed a contract for 72 payments and they would send us a new book, I did not remember this but they sent us a copy of our contract that said this.And I could not find mine to verify. Anyways when my husband lost his job, and being denied unemployment, I call to let them know that we were unable to make our payment, so I worked out an extension with them, did everything they asked me to do. Everyday after that I was receiving phone calls 2 or 3 times a day from them thru either a non connecting computer or a real obnoxious person that did not even bother to check our file before calling.Everyday I told them that I was sick of these harassing phone calls when I had already did the required items for them, and they kept coming up with a statement such as...''Well you didnt do this or you didnt do that'' I kept telling them that they had better check our file, because we had done everything that was said.This had gone on for 21 days until I was totally fed up and told them that I could not take their harrassment anymore and come and get the truck. I suspect they will be here anyday and they will totally ruin our credit!! and they also said that they could not work with us unless we both got jobs. M. Mullins in Texas