Suddenlink Communications / suddenlink has promised they would transfer my home phone number from the house we sold to our new apartment in the same city.

1 Jonesboro, AR, United States Review updated:

We sold our house at 3401 Derby Drive in Jonesboro, AR 72404 two weeks ago and was told by Suddenlink they would transfer our home number, [protected] to our new apartment, which also has Suddenlink, in Jonesboro, AR. An appointment was made for Monday for 14th of August between 8 and 10 am. No one showed up so we called again and the service tech came out a few hours later but refused to let us use our [protected] number. we still don't have a working cable in one bedroom. The Tec said the cable is making a noise and would have to be replaced when the weather got cooler. After calling Suddenlink back, we were promised we would have our [protected] number by Wednesday August 16. Well that time has passed and we still don't have our phone number. I cannot believe a large company such as Suddenlink, who prides them self on excellent service, would treat a long time customer in this manner. Our only hope is maybe you will get some competition in Jonesboro area. Don Molder, cell phone [protected].

Do
Aug 17, 2017

Comments

• Bu
      3rd of Nov, 2017

I received a bill on October 19 that service was going up first of November. I called and spoke to a representative concerning the high premium. She found out that my spouse had died a few years back and advised me that she could change the name on my account into my name and I would pay as a new customer. My bill was to be charged to my credit card on October 29 for service until Nov.18. However, the next day I had no service at all, no information that anything had been done and no appointment for any changes. I called and was told I had an appointment for a technician on Nov 2; which meant I would have no telephone, cable, or internet service for about 2 weeks. I protested and was told a technician could come out on Fri, Oct 20 between 8-12. He got here after 5, left after 7. I called my telephone to check it and had no service. I called technical support and was told that my number had been changed. I no longer could keep the number I've had for 25-30 years; which is connected to all my family, friends and business associates. Was told my number had already been assigned to another customer. I called it today, Nov 3, and a recording tells me it is not a working number so I was lied to, along with having all my records messed up! SUDDENLINK CUSTOMER SERVICE IS DEFINITELY THE WORST I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH IN MY 79 YEARS OF LIFE. I went elsewhere to change my service but was told Suddenlink has a monopoly on internet service at my city of residence. So, unless I can get our mayor to cancel the monopoly, I'm stuck! I'm not the only one disturbed with Suddenlink Customer Service!