Suddenlink Communications Logo

Suddenlink Communications

Having problems with Suddenlink Communications?

Suddenlink Communications reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 17, 2008. The latest review Internet and phone service was posted on Jun 2, 2021. The latest complaint customer service/ billing was resolved on Dec 04, 2019. Suddenlink Communications has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 706 reviews. Suddenlink Communications has resolved 51 complaints.

Suddenlink Communications Customer Service Contacts

520 Maryville Centre Dr., Ste. 300
Saint Louis, Oklahoma
United States - 63141-5820

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Suddenlink Communications Customer Service. Initial Suddenlink Communications complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Suddenlink Communications above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Suddenlink Communications. Discuss the issues you have had with Suddenlink Communications and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Suddenlink Communications Complaints & Reviews

Suddenlink — unsolicited calls

I take care of my grandfather's Suddenlink account in AR, however I live in TX. I receive unsolicited...

Suddenlinkcustomer service

Ever since I have had Suddenlink, internet, I have had problems with it going out at random times. They have sent servicemen out that have done so many different things. One man told me not to count on anything the Tyler TX office says to me when they answer the phone to me because they don't know their ### from a hole in the ground. The last two calls to them here in May they have said they completed the calls when they never even bothered to show up! This last service they were supposed to show up between 8:00 and 9:30. They called at 9:28 and I didn't answer because I was in my kitchen putting on a load of dishes. When I noticed this at 9:34 I tried to called them back to no avail. They sure don't want to resolve problems!

• Ga
      Gary Phillips May 29, 2012

Ashley,
      Today (5/29/12), the Sudden Link linesman came out to check the lines this morning. He worked on it for several hours and to his credit he found a piece of your equipment crushed that was causing the problems from what I am told. . For sure your linesman immediately replaced the damaged part.
      Your service technician came by this afternoon and checked the signal and informed me about the problem the linesman had found. He then tested the signal on the incoming line and got a very good reading for Internet service. Hopefully with these trained professionals the problem is cured. It is always good to know you all are out there and you will continue to provide good service. I do appreciate the people that actually made a difference.
      Thank you for your followup in this matter.
      Sincerely,

Gary Phillips

SuddenlinkAshley May 29, 2012

Hi Gary - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm really sorry to hear that your experience with us was less than exceptional. I would be happy to work with management in your area to resolve the issues you've been experiencing. Please feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you!

Suddenlink Cable — worst service I have ever seen

Suddenlink Cable/Internet is the worst service I have ever seen. It is out or not working correctly all the...

Suddenlink — high speed internet

I'm a Suddenlink customer for three to four years. On April I tried to connect to my Internet and wa...

Sudden Linkcrappy cable, internet, tech service

Since we first got this service it has been terrible. The installer had no idea what he was doing, took almost 6 hours to install and my boyfriend caught his urinating in a water bottle in his truck! After he finally leaves we had to return the first box because it was broken. Had to have a teck come look at our new box. And have 2 additional tecks come look at the Internet! The cable is constantly out! They offer no start up specials are are super expensive! We pay 140 for half the channels that dish or direct tv offer! I would advise you stay far away from this crap company!!

• MikeL DISH May 16, 2012

Mad customer88,

We'd like to welcome you to the DISH family! We're very excited to have you and want to thank you for checking us out! I'm always available if you ever have any questions so please don't hesitate to let me know. Enjoy the service!

Mad customer88 Apr 17, 2012

And since the cable has been out our HD channels don't work. And sorry Ashley the account is under my boyfriends name and he is fed up and wants nothing to do with ur cable unfortunately we have to have your Internet. Which also sucks but we are switching to dish network who offered us cheaper prices and better deals with more channels something sudden link does not do. They should since they offer such crappy service.

SuddenlinkAshley Apr 17, 2012

Hello - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm very sorry to hear that your experience with us was less than exceptional. I would be happy to work with management in your are to resolve the issues you've experiencing with your service. Please feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you.

Suddenlink Cable — tiling/sound cutting out

We have had issues with tiling (this was the word used by their own technician) where the shows will freeze...

Carthage

Suddenlinkinternet service very poor

Hi,
      My name is Bikash Debnath, I am a Texas Tech student. I subscribed for internet service from Suddenlink Communication. The service I asked for is 10 Mbps high speed internet. I am paying $65 per month. But it's been two months I haven't received proper service. In the last month the internet speed I received was even less than 1 Mbps. I called then 4-5 times to come and fix the issue. They do come, but the issue still prevails. I don't get a hassle free internet service which I asked for.

I need them to fix the issue, refund or make adjustments in the rent that I paid.

internet service very poor

SuddenlinkAshley Mar 29, 2012

Hi Bikash - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm very sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your internet service. I would be happy to work with management in your area to resolve. Please feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you!

Suddenlinkhdtv

My Suddenlink HDTV is very inconsistent. Not a lot of channels available in HD, and most of the time 1/2 or more don't work! I get an error message saying something like "This channel is currently unavailable, but will be available soon." Really, Suddenlink? I haven't seen a single game of March madness in HD. Techs have been out at least four time, and replaced my drop cable (from the box to my house) several times. Works for a few days, then kaput.

I've had it. Now that CenturyLink has high speed DSL in my neighborhood, I'm switching. Now I just have to decide between Dish and DirecTV.

SuddenlinkAshley Mar 26, 2012

Hi Jim - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm very sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your Suddenlink service. I would be happy to work with senior management in your area to investigate and resolve. Please feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you.

Sudden Linkrip off

Fraud!!! Worst cable/internet service on the planet. We're in a small town--mammoth lakes, ca. We had a great cable/internet provider up until last year when Suddenlink took over. The moment that happened, bandwidth was cut by 80% and prices went up. Of course, they have a monopoly---wait, aren't there laws against that???? Guess not. At least not in a small town with nothing to contribute to political campaigns. We have internet speed equivalent to dial-up--and only intermittent service. The television works some of the time. We call in techs at least once a week--but to no avail. Internet service in third world countries (India, Nicaragua, etc) is 1000% better than what we've got. Do yourself a favor and switch if you can. This is just another example of the fleecing of America. BTW, Suddenlink and their parent company have donated millions to telcom lobbyists in Washington. So, politicians get perks while the working class get screwed. Again.

SuddenlinkAshley Mar 22, 2012

Hello - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. Please accept my apologies that you've been experiencing these issues with your internet service. I would be happy to look into this for you. Please feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you.

Suddenlinkinternet

for the past month I have been having issues with packet loss. the main office has been notified about this issue and when it happens they don not send people out to check the lines, and i have been told that this is an area/node issue by the local office and when it does happen, i cannot get a hold of anyone at the local to get somebody out here to get this check out. When they do send a tech out here it isn't happening. When you need help all you can get is a damn call center in tyler, texas. They are ###S and dont know their jobs. Having an issue going on for over a month like this is BULL#@IT!

• Ho
                howard wolowitz Dec 28, 2013

the issue is they are trying to fix a crappy cable system with out dated equipment and not fix the problem the construction manager chip dunlap does not want to fix it right and blames everyone else he shouldf be the one you all go after he is the problem and don't know what he is doing

• Ho
                Hooters 69 Jun 02, 2013

the reason your having issues is the construction managers are piecing together cable plant that should have been rebuilt 20 years ago. The Costruction manager Chip Dunlap is a crook and is screwing over the customers.

• Ol
                oldman0757 Aug 07, 2012

When I had NPG cable I had a website for friends and family so we could play a game that I host but since Suddenlink took over they have blocked port 80 which the website uses...There reason for this is to protect my computer from viruses and malware...Which I have plenty of protection from this type of stuff since I run 2 firewall programs along with antivirus programs...But yet Suddenlink has told me that if I get a Business/Commercial account they unblock port 80...So just to sum it up they want more money.

SuddenlinkAshley Mar 05, 2012

Hello - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with your internet service. I would be happy to work with senior management in your area to investigate. Please feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you!

Suddenlink — terrible service

I would like to start by saying suddenlink has the worst Internet service available. Suddenlink took over NPG...

Sudden Linkoverpriced and misrepresented

About three weeks ago, I had SuddenLink install TV and DSL. I was told that I would get 200 channels and HD service. The price was $92 per month. I actually get 94 channels and no HD service. I called and complained. They told me that they could send out the technician for another $40. I told them that was unacceptable becaus e it hadn't been installed properly, I shouldn't hav e to pay. Then I was told to take the box to the local store and get another box. I took the box to the store and was told that it was the proper box. The young man waiting on me told me that it was just a matter of putting the right info in the computer. He did a bit of typing and told me to take it home and hook it back up. I did - still 94 channnels and no HDTV. For just internet and TV the price of $92 a month
              is outrageous when they advertise 150 channels for 29.99. I don't even get that many. At this apartment complex, they seem to be the only game in town. What is my recourse?

SuddenlinkAshley Jan 03, 2012

Hello - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. Please accept my apologies that your experience with us has been less than exceptional. I would be happy to work with management in your area to resolve. Feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you.

Suddenlink, Cottonwood, AZ — poor service

in short...many days of poor to no service, many service calls with different issues, customer service has no...

Suddenlinkprices

When I called, I spoke with Ginger (ext 2337) and explained to her that I needed to set services up in my name and get the ball rolling. Here is where the problems started.

You see, apparently because my husband did the initial calling to find out prices and things of that nature, they took it upon themselves to write down his name and address. I had not yet set up an account because we both knew that he had a past due bill (that we have set up payment arrangements for in order to pay what he owes) and the service needed to be in my name any way because we have split the bills throughout the house. However, Ginger told me that because we have the same last name that before I could get services in MY name, I had to pay HIS old bill. Now, you tell me how that makes sense. She then proceeded to tell me that because my “husband is going to watch the TV, you have to pay the old bill”. Okay, so because my husband is going to watch the TV, I am now penalized for mistakes he and his ex-wife made three years ago????? I got very angry and asked to speak with her supervisor. Basically, the supervisor told me the same thing. Again, because we have the same last name I had to pay the old bill.

Now, let me vent a few things. First off, if your company penalized everyone for having the same last name as someone else, we would be paying triple what you make every month. Secondly, this account is in MY name and is using MY social and MY credit. NOT HIS!!! His name is nowhere associated with this account and should have never been even asked. However, we did the right thing and explained that he would be in the house and that we had made payment arrangements to pay the old bill. Lastly, if I paid for every ‘Ellis’ that owed you money, I would probably be paying my bill in full for at least a year. So, what I am gathering is that these two ladies were just trying to get the bill paid for. I am very aware that he is liable for this debt; however, we have not tried to skimp out of it.

Let me be the first to tell you that, because of this experience, if I had another option for Internet and TV, I would take it. The women I spoke with at the Tyler call center are rude, inconsiderate, and do not know how to listen. They will talk over you instead of to you and will OPENLY tell you that “well, there’s nothing you can do”. Excuse me for saying, but there is always something I can do. The line of work I am in is gracious enough to let me have access to multiple people in multiple walks of life. I do know a thing or two about the law in Texas and I am quite knowledgeable of the laws that go along with marriage. I will never be dealing with the East Texas call center again if I can avoid it.

• Lo
                    louis_eric Sep 03, 2013

I signed up with suddenlink in mineral wells, tx. over a year ago! I was supposed to be getting over 200 channels in HD and 1.5mb internet, for 76.00 a month. M tv never haa a good picture. After the 1st year they sent me a bill, raising my rated to 121.00, I immediately called and told them to turn it off. I called Direct Tv and now have over 200 channels in Hd that I never had HD with suddenlink. A few days ago suddenlink sent me a bill for 1058.00 for their equipment. They never called me or ask me to return the 2 boxes and remotes and never came by to pick them up. I took them back today. I will NEVER use or recommend suddenlink.
                    They SUCK !

SuddenlinkAshley Nov 22, 2011

Hi - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I believe our team is already working with you to resolve this issue. However, if you are in need of additional assistance, please feel free to contact me at: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you.

jessicas.mommy Nov 22, 2011

Since it was in both names, yes.

jessicas.mommy Nov 21, 2011

Oh, and by the way, the service was not active when I called to get it at our new place.

jessicas.mommy Nov 21, 2011

So what you wanted me to do is pay over $600 in order to get the service even installed? And when I clearly stated that we have split the bills in our household, I should just throw it all to the wind and just hand over $600 because my husband has an ex wife that screwed him out of everything?? Real helpful. I have never, nor will ever, 'stiff' a company out of their money and am making payments right now to take care of his old bill. You may know people that would keep switching the name on the bill, but I am not one of them.

Suddenlink Cable — poor digital cable

Ever since Suddenlink switched over to digital tv going on 5 months ago now, our cable in my community get...

Suddenlink ISPlack of service

After 2 useless calls to so called "tech support" and six days later my email is not working. The first "tech" told me that it would be taken care of in 24 to 48 hours. After that time went by I called again and was told by the second "tech" that it would be 5 to 7 business days and since the 7th day was on Friday it would likely to be sometime the next week! Guess they take Friday's off? Unfortunately they are the only dance hall in town so I have no other options other than satellite s

SuddenlinkAshley Nov 18, 2011

Hello - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. If you're still experiencing issues with your email service, please contact us via our chat for further assistance at: http://www.suddenlink.com/contact-us/

Suddenlink — poor service, poor customer service

I have had it with SUDDENLINK!!! For months sense iv had service iv had nothing but problems. Coming home to...

Suddenlinksuddenlink fails to provide an acceptable service

I ordered a DVR recorder from your service contact (800.490.9604) on 3/1/10 and was given an appointment for 3/2/10 for installation. No one showed up, no contact was made to explain. That evening (3/2), I called for an explanation. No reasonable explanation was given; finally I was told that the local office had no equipment available. No reason was given for not contacting me concerning the missed appointment or when it would be made. Many other questions were not answered with any meaningful information. At this point I have no idea when or if the requested service will be provided. Further, I have been given no contact where I may go to to obtain answers or to lodge a complaint.

• Mr
                        Mr. Deeeeeeeeeeeee Nov 16, 2011

I think this is just SUDDENLINK period.. Every other cable company at least makes sure the customer is good to go. Suddenlink just ignores you and does what ever it takes to get you off the phone. Its there job to come on here and try to help but do they really help??? Man people should just go to AT&T, COMCAST or Dish. .

SuddenlinkAshley Oct 27, 2011

Hello Kulte - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm very sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than exceptional. Please feel free to contact me directly, and I'll be happy to work with management in your area to investigate and resolve. My email is: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you.

Sudden Linkliars

Customer service is horrible. I have been lied to from day one. The first time I called to set up my service, the lady tells me I don't have to pay a deposit. Well, guess who had to pay a deposit? ME. The gentleman was late coming to hook up my cable, so I called and a man told me they would credit my activation fee back to my account. Guess what, no record of this and still had to pay an activation fee. Last month I called to get my bill straight and a lady said she would review my account and call me back, never heard from her. Yesterday I called about my bill for this month a lady named Deanna ext 3202 was supposed to call me back since my bill was due yesterday, never heard back from her. It's one lie after another. LIES LIES LIES !

SuddenlinkAshley Oct 21, 2011

Hello - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm very sorry to hear that your recent experience with us was less than exceptional. I'd be more than happy to look at your bill, and work with management in your area to resolve. Please feel free to contact me directly at: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you.

Suddenlink — poor service

every since suddenlink took over npg cable the service has been soo bad that there is hardly a day that the...