State Farm Insurance / non-payment of claim
On August 14th of 2017 my ex-husband passed away. He had added me to his insurance policy less than 2 weeks prior to this. We lived together for close to 16 years.
A week later our home burned down. I had been illegally kicked out by his long lost nieces on the day of his death. One had told me if I wanted any of the things in my home that I should remove them prior to his death because the door would be locked to me. I carried our belongings all through the night over to the neighbors who only visit in the summer. A lot was left in the house.
His death devastated me.
I have never really moved out of our home, it was my legal residence.
Since Arson was suspected I was a suspect so nothing could be done until the case was closed.
I filed a claim with State Farm. The man named Charlie who was handling my case basically told me that they thought that I was lying about some of the items on my claim and they would not pay me for any of my things.
Since Dave was 82 and I was 52 of course they would tend to think that I was a golddigger. I loved Dave very much. He was my rock and my guidance.
I went into depression, I went back to drinking, I went back to drugs. Anything to escape the reality.
State Farm has not contacted me since I spoke with Charlie in May, I believe.
Is my name on the policy invisible?
This is the worst insurance company I've dealt with ... ever.
I was informed by Charlie that I could file an appeal but it probably would be a waste of my time. I believed him.
Due to being left homeless all of my things are scattered. I had a companion who would hide my computer, take my insurance information which allowed more time to pass. I changed my password on my main computer. He found out that I did and went and changed it to something (zero plus one is the hint). He had taken my keys, my phones, my personal things, and any information he could. I have since broken up with him and he has refused to return my belongings.
Dave Strope and Denise Strope are the insured names on the policy.
4450 Pelican Lake Road
Orr, Mn. 55771
My phone number is [protected]
I now reside at 601 Hayes St. located in Eveleth, Mn. 55732
More State Farm Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- State Farm Insurance - Will not pay claims 
- State Farm Insurance - State Farm will not cover my sewer pipe break 
- State Farm Insurance - Renters Insurance 
- State Farm Insurance - Negligence and unprofessionalism 
- State Farm Insurance - wind and hail roof damage 
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company - claims department
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company - phone service
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company - homeowners
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company - auto insurance and they are disregarding police report 
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company - non-payment of two separate claims