Staples / staff

1 6260 Commerce PalmsNew Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 813-558-0928

The absolute rudest manager ever...

I returned an item today, but I wasn't returned the total price of the item. I used a coupon before, (spend $20 and get $5 off your purchase). Interestingly enough, the purchase was greater than $20 without the returned item so I did not understand why they were giving me a refund amount minus a "prorated coupon amount".

I only asked the manager about the policy out of curiosity, the money wasn't even a big deal, it was the principles that lay behind such a scheming capitalistic policy. Low and behold - - - the monster! The most impolite, unprofessional, nonchalant manager of all time!

She said "you don't have a choice how the coupon is distributed across the order" (sigh) wow, she was very rude. She talked over me when I tried to talk and blew me off completely. Her demeanor and hostile disposition was completely unrefreshing. Not only I will never visit that Staples again, but I surely don't plan on shopping at any other Staple stores either.

Beware, the cashiers are not friendly, the office supply people do not even greet you as they pass, and the manager is a customer service nightmare. This was one of my worst shopping experiences ever!

Comments

24th of Sep, 2009

Thank God for my small town Staples! I've never had issues like this.

• Pa
      18th of Jul, 2010

Don't use a coupon and expect a full refund, idiot.

19th of Jul, 2010

Palmtree1 there is no need for name calling. I spent much more than the minimum amount required for the coupon so although I see your point you refuse to see mine.

Spend $20 get $5 off. You spend $100 - return a $2 item - and get a prorated return amount. You do the math, it's not good business.

May God bless you.

• Si
      20th of Jun, 2012

Coupons are spread across the entire transaction, taking a bit off of each item based on the value of the item and number of items on the transaction.

You didn't give us that bit of the money. At all. You were not charged for the (anywhere from 2 cents to 25 cents, depending on the number of items), so why should we be expected to give you more?

And as I've said so many times tonight...if you have a problem with the employees, ask for and call the corporate number. They may not be punished in the end, but it'll make you feel better.