Having problems with Corel?

+44 179 320 3800 (International)
+1 877 582 6735 (USA and Canada)
+44 800 026 0663 (United Kingdom)
1600 Carling Avenue

Germany
Landsbergerstr. 302, 80687 Munich, Germany

Taiwan
4F, №381, Yangguang Street, Nei-hu District, Taipei, Taiwan

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Corel.

Complaints & Reviews

Oct 03, 2020

Corel — Dazzle video to dvd converter

Audio output on usb connection is garbled. Installed Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 21 on one laptop. Garbled...

Jul 09, 2020

Corel Corporation — Word perfect office 2020

This current company is simply corrupt. I have been a WP user long before the Corel brand, and even before...

Ottawa

Corel CorporationCorel Word Perfect

I have been requesting technical support for weeks to no avail. I am at the point of no longer using Corel as I believe the latest version has glitches & they are not willing to admit this as they are not giving my ticket submissions any attention.

The software is constantly shutting down. Some of the commands, i.e. page numbering, do not work properly.

Corel Corporationstudio 23

Bought Studio 23 update version in nov 2019. On their website no information at all about update-installation -> contacted Corel support with some questions. Got an almost immediate response which answered my first question but for the rest was useless. I tried again and got the same reaction. Appeared I was in communication with a computer! The only smart thing about this is that I filed a second ticket and they were able to recognise this - sending me the same reaction again. So much contempt for their customers: don't know if I should laugh or be angry.

Dec 19, 2019

Corel Corporation — paintshop pro ultimate 2020

I will paste the email exchanges below: I did reply with that information. I'm beginning to think I'm being...

Corel Corporationcorel video suite

When finished with video project on Videosuite, next step is to burn DVD. Once DVD window pops up, entire program freezes/locks up. Reported 12-3-19, ticket 5719988. Spent hours with Vijay, uninstalled and reinstalled program, cleared temp files. Not fixed. 12-4-19 sent system reports as requested in order to get problem resolved. Since then, I have called and/or emailed daily trying to find out when someone will contact me. Have been lied to repeatedly as to when that will happen. This is ludicrous that I can't get support to fix this problem for a program I recently began using on a new computer. I have videos I need to burn for Christmas, Program was working great until this glitch that is preventing me from finishing my project. I could not possibly be more upset and angry. Where is the customer service? Where is the concern for the consumer? I'm not seeing it. I would also like to speak with a person that speaks good English, as well. I'm already stressed over this, without straining to understand broken English in a complex discussion.

Corel Corporationcorel 2017 technical support

To whom it may concern,

My software was working correctly and all of a sudden it stopped at approximately 10:00 am today . I have been on the phone with technical support on and off all day and they continue to give me the run around. The fix that was emailed to me, has voided my serial key. I am now waiting for a new serial key to be generated and I was just informed that it will be Monday afternoon before that can happen. I run a screen printing company and can not afford to be down all day monday waiting for this to be resolved. I need this issue resolved ASAP. My technical Support ticket number is 5610279

Corel Corporationpaintshop pro 2020 ultimate - upgrade

Ticket #5573047. Purchase Date: Sep 12, 2019, 12:18 AM (GMT-5) I have tried to download and install this product going on 5 days now. I get it all the way to "downloading" several times, see the attachment, and it says it is downloading but it does nothing for hours. I have contacted service and followed their many procedures (updating, deleting and even established another user account on my computer). Then they said they would call me and help me. I have waited for two days for this. They said twice it would only take an hour to help. Still waiting. All I want is to install this on my computer. I paid for it. Install of one program shouldn't take five days.

paintshop pro 2020 ultimate - upgrade

Corel Corporationcorel paintshop pro 2020

I have been a steady Corel pain shop pro customer when it was still under Jasc software over 12 years consistent loyalty .
            I purchased the Corel paint shop pro ultimate 2019 on March 2019 but had a death in my family with funeral etc I had to relocate etc . Therefore I have NEVER opened the product and you now have the Paint shop pro Ultimate 2020 - I would like to return/void or exchange the UNOPENED 2019 for the UPDATED 2020 and respectfully pay a $20 difference for the upgrade from 2018 to 2020 since I ALREADY paid for upgrade to 2019
            Your customer service is provided by clerks in the Philippines. They are unable to authorize any customer accommodation though I have made several calls
            Customer loyalty should be appreciated and recognized - I want to get the update and tech support to install it (your tech support has been depleting for the past several years since it left England . Those representatives were very helpful and informative which is why I keep using Corel
            Please help me to do this upgrade at a REASONABLE rate and I will return or you can void the unopened Ultimate 2019 software
            Respectfully
            Denise Johnson
            [protected]
            [protected]@verizon.net

• Updated by rainbowdee · Aug 14, 2019

Respectfully

Corel Corporationpaint shop pro

I cannot get any help whatsoever on resolving my issues of two purchases I made and did not receive. I have been shuffled around from person to person, department to department, and I cannot even understand what the people are saying. Do you have anyone who speaks English? I have used Corel for over 10 years now and I am thoroughly disgusted with the lack of customer service!

Corel Corporationcoreldraw

This company is not trying to fix any well known issues with its products
                Look them up before you don't buy their products. Their products will be part of a class action suit .
                Problems included. Compatible with windows operating systems constant crash problems . Switch put in system that claims your software is illegal.
                Plus more. Including dervice people that are told to lie to customers.

Corel Corporationcoreldraw x5

Corel Customer Support is the worst of all possible options, and now has me hating what used to be my favorite program for about 2 decades.

Being an avid CorelDRAW use and advocate since its inception many years ago, I've upgraded many times through CorelDRAW 3, 5, 7, 12, then X5. I even assembled a compensation curve for CMYK conversion for litho printing around 2003, because it was so much different than that of PhotoShop at the time, so that the color correction was better. I worked in litho for nearly 30 years, as a journeyman litho film stripper, managed multiple shops, have loved CorelDRAW, and now absolutely HATE it, all because of their customer support.

Because there were minor revisions within CorelDRAW X5 from Graphics Suite 12, it made sense to finally upgrade to it well after its release, so I purchased a copy from a reputable source, Amazon.com. There were problems with the DVD, so a Corel customer support person assisted me to get it up and running after lots of gyrations (and I know my way around computers).

Recently, a notice started appearing about piracy, which has never been the case with any of my copies of software, including CorelDRAW. I immediately contacted someone at Corel, and they provided what they felt was a solution. Didn't work. 3 potential solutions later, it was escalated to a higher level, and I've not heard anything in almost a month.

I tried contacting them again, and now cannot even save any of my drawings. I'm going to have to roll back to CorelDRAW 12, and eat everything I paid for X5 all because Corel really doesn't give a crap about its customers.

Pretty pathetic.

• Ro
                      Robin Griffiths Jul 30, 2019

I totally agree. My own recent experience with their so-called customer service has been the most stressful, time wasting time with a software company ever. Ironically it is all down to a fault with THEIR activation system. Many users have complained about this system claiming they have activated their software too many times and it has now been locked out. Every person I have noted have commented about the inept(thats being polite!!!) customer support refusing to even read tickets, let alone do anything to sort the problem out. This coupled with equally idiotic management in Ottawa HQ who seem to be totally disinterested in what is going on, the serious problems created by their system coupled with totally shambolic support(joke) that is incapable of sorting out even simple problems.
                      If you would excuse the analogy Corel now seem to treat their long standing loyal customers as turn in a toilet that needs to be flushed away as soon as possible. That the impression their totally inept so-called customer support give. They don't care, cant sort anything out and want to get rid of you ASAP. A very strange way to run a business an retain customers. Maybe they have a huge cash pile and dont need customers anymore

• Sm
                      SMcNeil Aug 14, 2019

I completely agree. Customer service is a total joke. I have used their products for 10 years and am ready to bail.

Corel Corporationcorel word perfect office x7

I have had Word Perfect Office since Dos days! Its worked pretty good until now.
                    I decided to try the latest version (X9) and ran as a trial but found the extra features didn't really justify the steep upgrade price. however it wouldn't uninstall (using Corel's uninstall) Instead it kept trying to reinstall itself. Not only that if I ever clicked on a Wordperfect Windows would load up the defunct expired trial version X9 - which of course wouldn't work.
                    Then this week suddenly my legit paid for version of X7 stopped working demanding a re-activation. Didn't work via the internet so tried manual via a support ticket thinking I would get the friendly helpful service I have had in the past.
                    Instead of helping the agent curtly told me I had exceeding 20 20 activation limit and they would NOT reactivate it. I submitted to them that the problem had been caused by THEIR system messing up the activation though the trial version not uninstalling properly and their activation system getting totally muddled by the 2 version. Did they investigate No, did they sort it out NO did they help at all NO
                    Did they leave me happy NO Did they get me thoroughly frustrated a resounding YES. All I got was cut and paste answer and no attempt whatsoever to sort the problem out. Even worse their only suggest was to upgrade (at an inflated price - that kept going UP to the X9 version that had caused the problem in the first place.
                    (on their website is a little known version cheaper that their ransom demand that would have work. However the laziness, ignorance and plain helpfulness of their agents have left me with a non working paid for legit version of Word perfect office, demand that upgrade to a version that has already given problems and at an inflated price!
                    I just do not understand the mentality of Corel. Why alienate a customer of 25 years. Why set up such a useless support service, why get get customises so riled up that they vow never EVER to buy any of their products but shift to competitors products - which are backed up with a policy that values their customers. The rate Corel is now treating its customers I don't think it will be in business for a lot longer. You cant keep on cutting off your loyal customers like this and stay in business.
                    Not only this but they obviously choose to totally ignore feedback like this. Like the one reviewer who wrote to a manager - but got no response.
                    the impression they are giving is to set up an operation akin to Fawlty Towers. The classic British TV comedy with John Cleese whose guests he was routinely rude to and treated as undesirable intruders. Corel appear to now be in the same league. Its a shame as up to a year ago their customer support was superb - always helpful, professional and taking a pride in getting problems sorted out and ensuring at the end they had a happy customer who would come back (which I did until now )
                    It seems somewhere along the line some dim witted management has changed the support policy, put in place equally dim witted people who have no clue about customer service or long term customer relationships. Their remit now seems to be dont give a solution unless it is very quick and simple and within their limited abily, either bludgeon the customer into an expensive upgrade or leave the customer so frustrated that they vow never to come back to Corel. And whatever you do don't bother looking at customer feedback ignore that.
                    A very strange way to do business - and stay in business.
                    So you have been warned NEVER EVER USE A Corel trial product - if you do be warned it will most likely mess up your current version. Also be prepared (like I eventually had to) to find a 3rd party un-installer to get rid f the trial version and clear it out properly
                    Be prepared that if something does go wrong it unlikely you will find anyone with a genuine desire at Corel to help sort out the problem, unless it is a really simple one or you cross their palm with silver. And yes Corel no longer values regular loyal customers. They simply DONT CARE any more

Corel Corporationcorel graphics suite 2019 64 bit

This software may or may not suck, having been a user of the MicroGrafx tool that was purchased by them some years ago, I was using Corel on my 32 bit laptops for several years without issue. So of course I got a new Dell workstation with Win10 64 bit OS, and the 32 bit application would not load/run on the new platform. So, reluctantly, I purchased the $199 upgrade via download since I wanted to use it immediately. However, after downloading the relatively small install file, I see that the ZIP file is protected, and even as system administrator, I am unable to extract the files. So, another EXE was downloaded as well, and when initiated, looks as if it's installing the application, but seriously slowly. I mean, well over half an hour for less than 10% install?? Seriously?? So I contacted the customer service via their hotline, and needless to say got someone in another country where English is not remotely their primary language. After two false starts down this path, the third call I asked to be connected to someone in Canada or the US who could assist me (an presumably speaks English as a primary language), but was told they could not. First time I've heard of that, if I routinely get someone in India/Pakistan/Phillipines/etc that I can't communicate with, I always ask for someone stateside and they (so I thought) are obligated to comply. Apparently not so with the Corel team. In any event, I'm about ready to [censored]can this entire application and get a refund of my money, that should really be a hoot based upon what I've read online...wish I had done some more due diligence regarding Corel complaints before providing my credit card information!

Corel Corporationpinnacle studio 22

I submitted a request for help Apr 19. After numerous correspondence with a tech, where I was promised he'd call me and take control of my computer, he has disappeared. I have sent a screen shot of the problem. He has ignored my requests for his manager's email address, as this is deplorable customer service. I sent another request on May 10, asking for someone to help because my original request is being ignored. They replied by stating that it was a duplicate request and is being cancelled. I'd like to correspond with a manager about this and as well as being helped.

Corel Corporationpaint shop pro 2019 upgrade

I cannot install my newly purchased PSP2019_Ult.exe, and trying to submit a support ticket their page keeps telling me that the product window cannot be blank despite the fact that I filled in Paints Shop Pro 2019. The email I got from Cleverbridge support has a "no-reply" address, so I am left unable to contact anyone about this problem. I tried their chat window but no one answers there either. I had planned to also buy their Coreldraw software, but seeing how inaccessible their alleged tech support is I must reconsider this plan.

Corel Corporationcoreldraw graphics suite

Purchased two licenses several months ago and installed one on my laptop. Went through the install and registering processes as prompted by the program. Ran fine for several months until this week when I received a notice that the license was invalid. Corel cannot/will not give me any details other than "could be". This includes any guidance as to who their licensed vendors are. Being several months after the purchase and install, I have no recourse through American Express and no functioning program. They were kind enough to offer to sell me another license. I advised them that I might have taken them up on that offer IF they had advised me that the claimed invalid license was invalid when I went through the online registration at the time of install. Last time I will buy ANY Corel program.

• Da
                                David Zarichniak May 21, 2019

Frank contact Cleverbridge, they do all of Corel Draw licensing at:
                                USA
                                +[protected]
                                Monday - Friday: 8:00AM - 8:00PM (CST)
                                Saturday: 9:00AM - 4:00PM (CST)
                                Sunday: 10:00AM - 3:00PM (CST)

They should be able to help. Also did you check your Corel account to see if it shows your license numbers for your products. Hope this helps been in your shoes and there support totally stinks.

Jan 07, 2019

Corel Corporation — video studio 2018

Dear Corel I have been a satisfied customer of yours since 2016. I have summarised below correspondence...

Oct 28, 2018

Corel Corporation — corel draw x7

Hi, Since Sunday october 29 2018 I Am Working With corel draw 17. But Whenahme I Import Any Image, Corel Get...

Jul 13, 2018

Corel Corporation — customer service!!! (tech support)

Hello, to make a long story short, 3 months ago, I bought a new camera. Inside.. Was a "coupon" from corel...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices