Menu
Corel
reviews & complaints

Corel
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

67 complaints
2 resolved 65 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Corel. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
T
4:41 pm

Corel - Pinnacle 25

I've purchase Pinnacle products from their very beginning. I've been a really loyal customer for a really long time. I'm really shocked that they've dropped the ball on this so poorly. They will not respond to my emails to technical support, and I've sent a number of them to them. I'm having problems installing Pinnacle 25, and though I've sent them the claim number on all my emails, which is Corel #3449103, I get no response. Very disappointed!

Desired outcome: That I can install Pinnacle 25 on my pc, or that I can get a refund.

Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been practicing law for 50 years in Southern California with California State Bar No, 049774. For the past 20 years, I have been using WordPerfect Office systems as my word-processor of choice without any problems. Some of my WordPerfect Office word processing systems included WordPerfect Office X8, X7, X5, X4. On or about 03/11/22, I requested a...

View 0 more photos
F
12:26 pm

Corel - Corel Painter 2023

Installed Painter 2022 on a Mac OS2 in January 2022. Repeatedly reached out to Corel to address the problem of the canvas moving about when I am drawing and painting. Corel has responded to my emails/calls/chat sessions with promises of marking my case as urgent. This week I was assured a tech support person would contact me on Friday. No one called. This situation is unacceptable.

Desired outcome: Corel will have a specialist do a screen share and correct the problem.

G
8:57 pm

Corel - Word Perfect Standard 2020 and 2021

I have three late model PC's, one running WIN 10 and two running WIN 11. One each PC, WP opens quickly. After that, it takes 10 to 15 seconds to execute any command such as- open a document, copy, cut, rename, close, save, save as, etc.

This happened on WP 2020 so I bought WP 2021 to see if that would make a difference. It did not. It worked ok for about a week and then started running incredibly sluggish and still does. I spent weeks with CORAL tech help running diagnostics and trying different fixes. Nothing Worked and I got tired of going on and on about how to repair a program that should work perfectly on a new PC that only has windows office on it. It makes me think that WP does not work with WIN 10 or WIN 11 at all but CORAL will not admit it. There must be thousands of others having the same problems and if so, it should be an easy fix. Instead, there appears to be NO FIX, leaving the program to be a waste of time and money. I don't want to start using WORD, but it looks like I may not have a choice.

Desired outcome: Either give me a solution to make WP work properly or give me a refund.

W
11:54 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Mr. / Mrs. Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support. My name is Vinicius, and I have been assigned to your case. As per your request we have reset the password of the Corel account under the email [email protected] to Corel2022, I also must advise I did not find any Painter Product registered in this Corel account as you may see once you login at...

J
6:38 pm

Corel - Corel VideoStudio 2021

This program was running smoothly at first but slowly has been crashing on me more frequently. I am doing the simplest of tasks and it will only let me work on it for like a minute or two and it just shuts down with no warning or explanation.

I have only had the program for two weeks and this is a brand new computer that exceeds the program's needs. I have an antivirus software installed, I have run task manager along side of it to check to see if I'm using too much RAM, my CPU is clean, I don't know what to do.

Desired outcome: Just for the program to work. It's a great program when it works.

G
3:52 pm

Corel - wordperfect 2021

Since purchasing and installing wordperfect 2021 I can' print or email from word perfect. I have called Corel help number several times an get put on hold for 20 - 30 minutes and then phone connection goes blank. So I conclude that there is fact no customer service. What a fraud. I have been a word perfect user for some 36 years, but they are now driving me to Microsoft.

Corel - Corel PaintShop Pro Ultimate 2022

The product was purchased as an upgrade after buying the full version of the 2018 product. It worked fine until a hard drive failure.

Attempts to reinstall lead to the installer running for a few seconds before declaring "All products installed". It then opens a non-existent web page that states "We can't find that page".

The only thing that installs are the primary folders. No programs or sub folders are installed. I found a 2021 version (under 2022) on CNET that gets the 2021 product installed, but it declares my serial number to be invalid.

No assistance from Corel. I am entirely dissatisfied after purchasing the product twice I can now no longer use it.

Desired outcome: Program works or refund for BOTH 2018 and 2022 as NEITHER will work.

J
9:24 am

Corel - Corel Painter 2022

I installed Painter 2022 as soon as it was released. I have a subscription to Corel, paying $200 a year for the product, updates, etc. I installed in September. Because of the subscription I have, it was automatically sent to me.

This complaint is about one function within Painter 2022 that doesn't work on my machine. That feature is Brush Search. This complaint also is about Corel's lack of response to my requests for support. When I first reported it, I got a reply to reset the program. I did that, with no solution. I repeatedly tried to contact them with new tech support requests. No response from them. I have tried the chat feature a few times, with no response whatsoever. The Chat never brings up anyone on the other end.

This is an expensive product, and I pay $200 a year for it. I really don't understand what is going on with Corel tech support. If they are having technical problems on their side, the site should report this on the site that something is wrong.

It really angers me I am paying this much a year for a product that isn't working as described. And with no apparent tech support, or communication back to me.

Worse than that, would be they decided I am not worthy of a response from them. All I can do is guess right now. And that doesn't work for me anymore.

This tech support for me has been going on for about a month, 10/21. After the tech support initial response. I have not heard any more replies from them.

As you aware Corel is selling products all across the design board. What seriously concerns me is I am paying for a live product, and getting zero support.

Desired outcome: I want active tech support with a resolution to the problem I am having.

4:17 pm

Corel - Cannot install their 4 software packages

1. Tried for more than a month to get support for 4 Corel software packages that will not install
2. More than 15 emails sent requesting help over that period
3. Failed to respond to most
4. When replies requested, made appountment times that they never once honoured
5. Sent me enquiries asking if I am here at 2 am in the morning
6. No assistance whatsoever received
7. When they have requested information from me by email, immediate replies to emails have received message that that email address is no longer supported.

Desired outcome: Support to install 4 Corel packages that do not install as they should.

6:15 am

Corel - Photo Video Bundle Ultimate

Many of the programmes in this package will not install. Dozens of emails and sales line chats over more than 3 weeks have failed to get any support whatsoever. Support staff keep asking for dates to contact, then fail to keep the appointment. Then they say make another date, so I suggest a date many days ahead (because I know it takes them many days to reply to emails) but that date passes and they have not replied.

Absolutely no installation support given whatsoever (lots of can I help you emails, then when I reply - silence.

Desired outcome: To receive support

K
11:01 am

Corel - Corel videos studio 2018 pro

Your ticket number 6693833 17/06/2021
I've written to you, called you and chatted to you and promised a resolve within 24hrs but here we are 5 months on and I still have to wait upto a hour to try and get rid of your adverts at the bottom right of my monitor. I've written to your CEO, COO and no responce at all, just what sort of company are you.
I have 2 choices, complety wipe my PC (which I don't want to do) to get rid of any traces of Corel software or just remove Corel software with no garantee you don't hold my IP address and the adverts will return, this is a fully paid up version and I would expect better from your custmer services.
I'm also not impressed when I call the UK phone number I'm put through to someone in India who has no idea of how Corel works, they don't even return your calls when promised.
I think I've been very polite in this complaint, if I was to write what I really think it would be edited with many 'beeps', would I but a Corel product again? not a chance.

Desired outcome: Just sort the problem and reply to my emails

C
11:26 am

Corel - Pinnacle Studio 24

Recently I lost audio on the timeline and contacted Corel for support, however, soon discovered my only option is email. I have tried calling and the Chat option, but both solutions redirect me back to email.

Unfortunately, I have a deadline to deliver a finished video and email is very slow.

A higher level of support engagement is needed to aid customers with issue resolution. Email is not acceptable.

Desired outcome: Contact with Support Technician

H
11:29 am

Corel - Pinnacle Ultimate 24, Paintsop Pro 2021

I have been using Pinnacle since the 90's and am well used to stability issues but my latest version (24) AND a more recently acquired Paintshop Pro are both becoming impossible to use as they both crash without warning. I was advised, after hours of trying various solutions, that my desktop drivers were the problem but this now seems unlikely as I have reinstalled the software on my more modern laptop and am getting exactly the same problems. When I Google 'Corel stability problems' I see (once again) that I am not alone. I notice that the latest version of Pinnacle is advertised as having 'Enhanced Stability' which suggests that there were problems with the previous version. As someone who promoted Corel vigourously back in the eighties, when CorelDraw first came out, I can't tell you how disappointed I have become. It would be good if Corel could acknowledge when a product is unstable and offer the succeeding version to users as a compensation!

Desired outcome: It would be good if Corel could acknowledge when a product is unstable and offer the succeeding version to users as a compensation!

E
5:32 pm

Corel - Paint Shop 2021 64bit

I upgraded from 2019 version to 2021 and have never experienced such crap as with this s0ftware. There are times I must shut the software down just to leave and other times after cropping a photo, I cannot save it when again I can't close it out. I tried reverting back to my previous version (which I had no trouble with) but it sends me to this piece of junk. What happened to my previous version?

Desired outcome: A reasonable answer and my old software back

3:18 pm

Corel - customer email

I have been trying to reach your customer service help team to resolve a problem I am having with my Word Perfect X8 page size. I have called the published number 9 times. After very long wait I get a live voice. But when they ask me for my email address ([email protected]) they say they cannot hear me and ask me to repeat it several times. Then they hang up!

Desired outcome: Help me with my issue which is an inability to read tiny letters on my wpx8 page which i cannot read, and an inability to solve it with the on line help which I have already tried.

R
9:38 am

Corel - Painter 2020

I have had older versions of Painter and upgraded to Painter 2020 when it became available. I have been using it without issue for some time. A few weeks ago I opened the program to use it and when I clicked on various brushes and other options the program did not respond. I tried accessing the program with my stylus and Wacom tablet. When this did not work I switched to using a mouse to make sure the issue I was having was not with the stylus or tablet. The program did not respond to my mouse either. I can see the cursor moving around the screen using either tool but when I click on brushes, or the paint bucket there is no response from the program. I tried contacting customer response but they have not helped me resolve the issue. I call and am giving a ticket number, I wait for an email and am given, at times hard to follow or incomplete directions. I have over 16 emails from support, one a day or every few days. but none of which have helped me resolve the problem. I'm loosing out on work not having my program.

Desired outcome: I would like somebody who could actually help me fix the issue. I have been using painter for years now and would like to continue using it. But the customer support has not helped me at this point.

11:22 am

Corel - Videostudio pro x5

Dear sirs this is just additions to the photos ive already sent the first picture of the box videostudio prox2 was the first version I purchased which worked fine until my harddrive failed since there was no way of getting the infor back I bought another software package for later use as I said in my first complaint the chat line was nonm verbal chat which was very brief and no t acceptable this company used to give really service well from what I remember of there early versions were really impressive its a pity there customer service is non existant

View 0 more photos
Update by nooboo
May 11, 2021 11:13 am

Dear Sirs
i wish to make a complaint about your company let me wexplain many year i i purchased a copy of your videostudio prox5 on dvd disk, at the the time i thought this would be a future inveastment for when i get a pc fast enough and with enough memory for this software to work unfortunately many years passed by and was left in a cuboard undisturbed till i came across the box which i purchased from pc world so i tried to install it on my latest machine -it installed the installer on the windows 1o machine and begain to install the software got so far and stopped and said some softeware was missing do you want to search the internet to find this software i clicked search it then installed the software and said restart you machine for it to become effective so i did this i popped the disk back in the machine, i clicked install but all it said was do you want to completly remove im assuming what ever software it had already installed for a clean install. i think this is totally un proffesional your support chat lines offered no help they just fobbed me off by saying there lines were too busy and would give me a ticket' i was going to rate your software but after this experience with your staff which i think is a bad experience i am really disapointed with your company, i might as well try the opposition at least there trial periods last more then a few days. please note i used to use a copy of your videostudio prox 2. sir i have added 4 picture s as proof

T
Nov 23, 2021 11:44 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

sounds like 2 issues here that seem easy to fix. the first one you bought there should be a CD key that will allow you to use it. the 2nd one about the cd in the cupboard, some cds are made to run then be stored for later. by relaunching the installer it checks the computer and finds out if you have it installed. if it finds one it asks if you want to uninstall. that is from my experience with other company cds.

9:11 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Corel - Dazzle installation and your incompetent Customer service Dept.

Ticket number 6531149 Date 1st March, 2021. Unable to get Movie Box to work.
Support agent Devi told me to purchase new Studio 24 #263687716 from Cleverbridge.. Studio 24 wont install properly Ticket #6567327.
Then I was told to buy a new Dazzle HD box from Pinnacle which I did $143
Then the Dazzle software wont load so I go back to Support and Malavika Devi. She/he accessed my machine for an hour and then departed with the issue still unresolved and told me to Issue another complaint and ticket.
Various errors keep appearing including inability to access Internet connection I request an IP address to Ping the Dazzle server, but they wont provide that.
Now Malavika has finished with me and I have to start with another incompetent support person from the beginning again

Desired outcome: I want the new Dazzle HD box and Studio 24 operating as it should. I have paid out $270 for this to date and nothing works

May 11, 2021 11:28 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I totally agree matey there customer service do not seem to know what there doing. let me say i experienced this working in my own company the office staff did not know what you were talking about even when you explained it to them how to order what too order they often missed things out or blamed it on something else bring back the good old days at least the staff then knew what you wanted if they didnot we explained it, its like the office staff of today have no brains rely too much on computer machines they all need a big wake up call

R
12:15 pm

Corel - Aftershot pro 3rds

Probably the worst company I've ever dealt with. It is impossible to contact customer service.

I get someone in India that says they will get back to me; they never do.

I own a Corel product that I can't use. Customer service will not help in any way. Only that they will get back in touch - which they don't!

They just told me they would send an e-mail; I never received an e-mail [I did receive five yesterday]

Desired outcome: I WILL CONTACT COREL'S ATTORNEYS TO SEE IF I NEED TO FILE SUIT IN ORDER TO GET CCUSTOMER SERVICE TO LET ME KNOW HOW I MAY UTILZE THE PROGRAM I OWN

May 11, 2021 11:38 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

mate they are a waste of time your right about it been an indian call centre i got the same for my corel software these people are not trained properly i am surprised the company still exists they used to be very good at one time thats his the software they might actually only have one software engineer you would think the makers of the software corels help would exist in the country of orign but no it cheap cheap labour they want so they get staff that are not educated in call centre knowledge its like that all over the world now which is not good for you or me

Corel contacts