Staplesemployees can share your private information.

Staples deleted backups, another backup was returned corrupt, of course data on my windows drive was gone. But, a second harddrive? The computer was returned and I coincidently experienced monitoring of my activities by a neighbor. I had to return the computer and more recent backups. Staples, Presidential Office took no action toward there employee.

The technician still works in the gateway Village Shop on Housley Road. Stay Away! Go somewhere else.

These Staples employees may share your private information. The poor technical services alone are reason enough to go elsewhere.

• K
      Mar 25, 2008
    Staples - check denied!
    Staples

My husband and I shopped tonight at a Staples store. Our purchase added up to over $800.00. We wrote a check from our open home equity account and our check was denied by Certegy. How embarrassed we were in front of a line of people waiting to check out. We knew there was thousands of dollars left in our credit limit. We just received our bill for that so we knew no one else was using our account. We left the store with others watching us with judgmental looks. We were so embarrassed. We just called and spoke again with the store manager and he said that our credit was fine but, for some reason, the check was denied. We'll be talking with our bank tomorrow.

• L
      Jul 15, 2008

staples has the worst customer service i have ever had to deal with in my life. I am a professional biz owner and a lady name Amanda in customer service or billing is very rude and nasty and do not need to work with people

•   Aug 08, 2008
    Staples - bad service
    Staples

Anyone having problems with the staple easy rebate, please comment your problem here.

I completed the $30 easy rebate on-line, as recomended by staples. Now, when I try to see the status of the rebate, the system loads a hp webpage. It says that my rebate is invalid. I checked all the data I entered and it is fine.

I contacted stapled 'help' desk, but they say that it is not their problem. That was easy!!!... For them.

• U
      Dec 11, 2008
    Staples - staples sells poor product and refuses to correct
    21060 Southbank St
    Sterling
    Virginia

Purchased a staples-brand microcut shredder (with a ten-year cutter warranty) for $189.99 + tax from staples in late may 2017

Shredder cutter stopped working in december 2017 after very light use (only emptied basket once)

Staples refused to honor warranty; offered a $14.50 credit toward purchase of a new one for $189.99 now on sale for $99.99, but no credit if purchased at sale price.

Feb 04, 2009

If anybody has a similar problem with their rebates the solution is very simple go to stapleseasyrebate.com there's a Rebate Hotline 1800 they could help you out and answer all your questions ' cuz once you submit your rebate the store doesn't have any access or info about it.

Feb 04, 2009

you probably have a limit per day that you could spent. Or maybe your bank just didn't aprove the transaction for your safety.

• R
      Feb 09, 2009
    Staples - poor service-delays-bad job
    staples
    38 bayview ln.
    Osprey
    Florida
    Phone: [protected]

Don't go to staples for printing unless you want a lousy job that takes months to complete. The sarasota staples has my printing order since december and it's still not done. They can't do any graphics at the store and have to send it out. The people who work in the printing know nothing about the business or graphics and can't do the simpilist of graphic work. They have all of those computers but they don't save any work so if you need to reorder you are at square one. My advice, ditch staples. They probably won't be around very long, especially in this economy!

Mar 05, 2009

Blame corporate. They automatically erase all customer files from the system every 30 days. Also, the Staples employees are not trained to do any graphics and are told to send out to their design services (which is in another part of the world). If they don't send out things to the design service, the lead gets yelled at or worse.

Mar 22, 2009
    Staples - did not receive rewards for purchases
    Home
    249-46 57th Avenue, lower floor
    Little Neck
    New York
    Phone: [protected]

I have bought several products at Staples on Northern Blvd. in Queens, NY for the past five months and I have used my Staples Reward Card. I have not received any rewards from you or a check for the rewards, or whatever you issue, even a coupon, that would result from using my rewards card at Staples. On March 21, 09 I also brought in $30.00 worth of cartridges for recycling. I would like to receive my rewards (or check) for all my purchases and the recyling of $30.00 of cartridges. Thank you.

Mar 30, 2009

MY NAME IS HECTOR FERRER CUSTOMER NO. [protected] MEMBERSHIP CARD
    MY ADDRESS 1756 N.W. 16TH STREET MIAMI, FLA 33125 TELEPHONE [protected]
    SINCE LAST YEAR I PURSHACE MANY ITEMS INK CARTRIGDE PAPER AND OTHER MERCHANDISE
    LET ME HAVE THE INFORMATION OF HOW MANY REWARDS IN MY RECORDS AND HOW
    WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR OTHER PURSHACES THANK YOU WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSE

Mar 30, 2009

let me have information how much point of rewards collected since last year
    customer member [protected] hector ferrer waiting your reposnse

May 02, 2009

i bought a chair for $65, and i registered for a $20 dollars reward, but i never receive it also . Staples, you Suxk

• E
      May 23, 2009

My name is Ella Gordy, i took in 6 empty cartridges in April and was told i would recieve a check at the end of the month, it is now May 23rd.and i have not recieved it yet . Thank You

Jun 03, 2009
    Staples - returns
    Ontario
    Canada
    staples.ca

Bought a Omitech GPS at Staples.ca that couldn't name over half of the cross streets it encountered. A week later I told them the issue and asked to return it to my local store. They (CSR "Amanda") said that since it was now "discontinued" (news to me) and I'd have to have them pick it up at their convenience. I was barely willing to wait around for them to deliver it, I certainly didn't want to spend another day waiting for them to pick it up. And they have the nerve of putting "Hassle Free Returns" on the back of their receipts!

Told them there was nothing on their site stating the item was "discontinued" or that a different policy applied to returns of such items. They admitted it was their error, but that they are not responsible for the "inconvenience" it causes their customer.

Yesterday I find out that I should have been charged 25% less since it is a clearance item. I ask "Derek" about this and he says they'll reimburse me that amount when I fax him a receipt of someone who got that price. I get such a receipt and find the number he gave me was not a fax number. I have yet to hear back from him.

This isn't the first time we've been jerked around by Staples.ca customer 'service' representatives. We've had items not delivered when they promised they would be, items delivered after they were canceled, price protections not honored., and lots of excuses about how some computer they rely on failed.

I've contacted their PR person (Alessandra Saccal) for assistance and didn't hear anything back. My wife, her business and myself do a great deal of business with Staples. No more.

Jun 04, 2009

Issue has been resolved.

Aug 13, 2009

Just so you idiots know, Staples has nearly 11 million customers so if you receive a check a month late then do not complain. Just live with it. It's not like you would have done anything with the cartridges except throw them away anyways.

You get 10% back in Ink and Copy & Print Center and get $3 credit for each of the ink cartridges recycled. If your 10% does not add up to $10 the money is not sent because it is rolled over to the next QUARTER - not month - QUARTER.

• R
      Dec 25, 2009
    Staples - do not trust them
    Staples

My HP L7780 broke due to a paper jam. I followed the steps on the HP site to fix it. The final step was to call my warranty company (Cyber Test). I did the troubleshooting and they sent me another printer.

The new printer was broken. The automatic document feeder did not work.

They sent me another printer. The screen on the printer did not work.

I am now waiting on my 3rd printer. Pray for me.

What makes me upset is that when you buy these electronic warranties, the SALES people claim that if something happens to your merchandise, Staples will replace it NO QUESTIONS ASKED. They say that you can bring in the device and they'll give you another printer. Not the case.

Also, if you read the clause in your extended warranty contract, it states that the company you are dealing with can give you a Staples Card for equal value. After the 2nd printer, I begged and pleaded with Cybertest to just give me the card. They said they could not do this because my printer was under $600. No where in my four page contract does it state this.

Bottom line, Staples is not a brand that you can trust. And neither is Cyber Test.

Jan 15, 2010

check out staplesrewards.com for any reward inquiries!

• J
      Mar 18, 2010
    Staples - over priced
    EasyTech

When my son became a teenager I should have know that I would need to have a serious security application on his notebook computer. Unfortunately this realization came a bit late and he had picked up a virus or spy-ware infection. Very quickly the computer became very unusable so we took it to where we bought it, Staples. We were directed to Easy Tech counter and asked about their spy-ware/virus removal charge. I was told it would be X dollars. I thought this was a bit expensive so we went home to find a less expensive alternative. When I ran a Google search I found secureremotesupport[dot]com. The cost was less than half of what Easy Tech wanted and it could be done while the computer sat on my sons desk. In a few hours the computer was clean and ready to go. Plus they installed some software to help keep it from happening again.

• A
      Apr 14, 2010
    Staples - worst service you can imagine
    staples.com

I ordered an item on 9/1/2017, order# [protected]. The confirmation email said I expected to receive it the next day. We waited until 9/10. When we called them, they said the order was canceled because they could not contacted me. I swear didn't receive any email or phone call from them.

When I called back, the agent created a new order for me (order # [protected]) and told me I would received it the next day or two. I called them the next day (Friday), they said I would received the item on Monday or Tuesday. I din't received it until Tuesday, called again, this time they said I would receive it on Wednesday or I can cancel it. Again, I didn't receive any email or phone call regarding the order status.

This is the first time ever I get this type of customer service. I will never ever buy any thing from Staples again.

• T
      Apr 22, 2010
    Staples - beware
    Staples

Took my laptop for a free tune up and received my laptop with a big black dot in the screen. It was not there before and when i took it home and turned it on saw it. The tech who helped me when i picked it up kept talking about a small black dot on the screen and kept asking if i wanted it to get fixed. I didnt know what he was talking about so didnt really pay attention to it. I have been trying to get a hold of the manager of the store and he keeps trying to give me excuses. They keep telling me they are going to call me and they dont. When i call and ask for the manager hes not there. Very unhappy with this service. Will never ever buy anything else from staples and i will make sure i tell all my friends and family so they wont either. This store messed up my laptop and they are trying to brush me off by never answering or dealing with the problem.

• B
      May 24, 2010

This is completely incorrect.

I work for staples, and to recieve the new printer, you must call STAPLES. Not the brand of the printer you bought.

Cypertest WILL ONLY send you refurbished printers. Anyone on the sales floor could have told you that.

You have to call STAPLES and go to your local STAPLES for the plan to work.

• C
      Jun 19, 2010

The 10 year warranty is through the manufacturer, not through Staples. If you are outside of the 30 day return period when the product fails, you contact the manufacturer, you don't try to return it to the store.

Aug 24, 2010
    Staples - misleading website
    Saba Properties
    California

Our company has been a loyal client of Staples for the past several years. Recently, we ordered 2 sets of L Desk for our new office. The listed price of the desk is $339.98 with instant savings of $110.00 with Price after savings at $229.98 for sku number 740359.

When we finished ordering the desk it showed that we were charged $114.99 per desk. Since it was highly unusual, we called our account manager, see how loyal we are? staples has even assigned an account manager for us, to confirm, we left her a voicemail and sent an email, from that time till now we have not heard from her or anyone.
    so our next move was to chat online with their customer service our session id is 1045326 and again we asked him and told him of the situation, in short his reply was that yes we are correct in what we ordered and we were charged that amount because this was while supplies last.

The orders were delivered yesterday Aug. 23, 2017. Lo and behold we only received box 1 of 2. which of course we called staples. Now they are telling me that I should have ordered the other sku for the rest of the attachements for the desk. I said it was confirmed to me that we have ordered everything needed and that the price was correct. Now after going through customer care? reps? even to corporate office of the president, i get the same bull crap that I should have ordered the other sku! It does not even show as recommended sku for my order.

Oh and just to make things a bit funny. I went to an actual staples store near me and the Customer Service Lead Manager saw all the paperwork I had and tried the online ordering thing says that I am correct and that its "stupid" how these people are trying to screw people around with their websites fault.

One thing is for sure. They lost a Loyal customer who spends 3 to 4k a year at least in their store.

• G
      Dec 05, 2010
    Staples - employee incompetence
    Brooklyn
    New York

the Flatbush staples store in Brooklyn, Chantal Fetus' incompetence in both customer service and product knowledge was excruciating to bear.

What took 45 minutes here took 10 minutes in another Staples branch. In trying to boot a computer I was recycling, the guy didn't even know what a dual boot was.

After Ms. Fetus said I needed to bring a power cord to redeem computer (I didn't have to at the other branch and had to waste money to buy one), she emphatically said it cost $100 multiple times when it's only $13.

She made several calls to check whether my coupons work as if she didn't want me to save money even though I told her I had already asked Staples customer service. Apparently, I was in the right since she didn't say, "See, I told you these aren't valid."

Throughout all of this, she acted in a frenzy like she didn't know what was going on and couldn't prioritize her tasks. She was joking with the cashier, jumping to other customers, eating a piece of beef jerky...basically pulling all the stops to keep me waiting and prevent me from using the legitimate coupons that gave me no trouble at the other Staples branch.

After almost an hour, I finally got the laptop for a reduced price. But the customer service was shockingly horrible.

• E
      Jan 14, 2011

Jesus Christ how many of these spam complaints are we going to find?

• G
      Feb 07, 2011
    Staples - 4 gbytes is not 3.88 gbytes, $0.88 cents is not $1.00
    Staples

I went to Staples on the humble, figuring only to window shop and noticed discount bins. Purchased a couple of items for under $30. The ECONOMY. Went home and fiddled around (that's right, I said, fiddled)with the memory and music, and noticed the 4G flash drive I bought had only 3.88 GB of space. What happened to get what you pay for?! I can't go into McDonald's, ask for a $1.00 Big Mac and give them 0.88 cents, and they're going go to be cool with that! Sorry, I'm not a fan.

• P
      Feb 08, 2011

The .12 GB is usually used on formatting and other things.

For example, a 16 GB iPod will only have about 14.5 GB of free memory.

• L
      Feb 09, 2011
    Staples - has no regard for customer satisfaction!
    Staples

Do not purchase the computer extended warranty at Staples as it is a joke. You will be without your computer for 4 weeks each time it is sent in. They repaired my original problem & created another one that they claim they cannot recreate. Everyone you speak to in customer sevice require 48 hours to respond. If you ask for a supervisor, they will not call you back. I called the US Chairman & Chief executive Officer Ron Sargent& their office took two days & three calls later to get someone from Staples Canada to call me back. Do not bother to escalate your concerns as Steve Matyas-President will not speak to you. He is out of touch with his customer base!Customer satisfaction is not a priority.

Mar 01, 2011

@pobarjenkins and @123321 are absolutely correct Gbzn. It's not as if Staples is hiding that .12GB somewhere for ransom, it's eaten up during formatting and sometimes there is manufacturer software installed or other files. I usually just reformat a flash drive I buy first thing to get maximum space and get rid of stuff I'll never use. Go and take a look at computer that advertises a 500GB HDD and then see how much storage you would have out of the box, significantly less. Advertised storage capacity is usually more than actual.

Mar 01, 2011

Dual boot? That's when you have a left and a right one, isn't it? @gerrr I am sorry for your pain. We're recycling a laptop or desktop computer? If desktop then the power cord isn't required, and if it was they are like 13 bucks. For laptop then the adapter is necessary or the store won't receive credit when sending it in. Next time take a video of the manager chomping on the beef jerky an post it to YouTube. No food or drink on the sales floor!

• J
      May 23, 2011

MAY 2017 IS ALMOST DONE WITH, STILL NO COUPONS FROM STAPELS. THEY ONLY ISSUE COUPONS NOT CASH CARDS THEY TOLD ME. STAPELS SUCKS, I AGREE.

Aug 06, 2011

right! i got my reward coupon AFTER it expired!! thank staples!!!

Dec 21, 2011
    Staples - faulty product
    Staples

I own an Acer laptop and went to the Staples store #566 on Route 46 in Parsippany, NJ in June to purchase a replacement AC adapter for this laptop. The employee placed an order for the replacement AC adapter because they did not carry it in the store. The price was $59. After using this adapter for 6 months, it no longer works. I returned to Staples in Parsippany today and spoke with the manager. Not only did he tell me Staples does not back their products and I am stuck with a broken adapter after 6 months, he tried to sell me on a PC tune up! I am very upset that I paid $59 for an adapter that only works for 6 months. I am also appalled that the manager tried to sell me more services when he couldn't even help me with the broken adapter.

I would like the adapter to be replaced or receive a refund. I don't have the money for a new adapter and purposely went to Staples to order it in the first place, thinking Staples was a dependable company that backs its products.

Jun 20, 2012

Staples (as is supposed to be clearly posted at the registers, service desk, and IS on the back of the receipt) offers a 14 day return policy on products they sell, a policy that isn't very different from that of pretty much any other retailer.

If it was an item that had to be ordered from our part supplier, the warranty is performed via the manufacturer (HP, Toshiba, whatnot) I believe.

If it's an item that had to be ordered via our Dot Com (which, at 59, sounds a bit more likely), then after six months it'll still be warranted by Targus (the most likely one to have been purchased).

Jun 20, 2012

1 week, on average, unless they have difficulty getting a part in (might be a localization thing).

They do respond to email a bit faster, though. It's easier to respond to an email than sift through the hundreds of people requesting a call back every day.

Also, the Service Plan (not an extended warranty), is not fulfilled by Staples. I don't know who their guarantor is in Canada, but that's who'll be repairing the system.

Jun 20, 2012

I'm seeing a trend on this particular complaint board...

Corporate numbers. Ask for them, call them. Even if you have to ask another store for it, that's just one more thing to add to the complaint.

I'm sorry they dropped a magnet on your screen.

Jan 04, 2013
    Staples - ruined personal property
    Ohio
    staples.com

"Bought brand new laptop and took in old one for "free data transfer." Not only did they not transfer the data, but when I picked up the computers, the old laptop NO LONGER WORKS! When I complained, they said it was my fault and they're not responsible for broken computers or lost data. If I broke someone's stuff, I'd replace or fix it. Staples doesn't feel that way, including the "Office of the President, " a silly term for customer service black hole."

• A
      Jun 29, 2013

You're dumb. You aren't going to get the full gigs on anything. Like a laptop is advertised at 750, but no you end up getting only like 640. So if you bring that down to 4 gigs, you have to take in to account no matter what storage you buy, some will be used, and dont be so damn butthurt over the fact .12 is used. or 12 cents. If you're fretting over 12cents, you have money problems.