Staples — staples sucks!
Re: staples sucks
Posted by: staples sucks big time (ip logged)
Date: november 12, 2009 05:58pm
Here is the inside scoop to their "easytech" service!
I was a general manager for them for (5) years. I was ranked #20 in the company of 1600+ stores for "easytech" sales! I complained to the corporate office about how uncomfortable I was with the way we were doing business, and offered some suggestions on how to make our "service" better and safer to our customers. two weeks later I was fired without cause because I worked in california which is a "right to work state" meaning they can let you go for no reason! so... here were my concerns... you decide if you want to take your computer to them or not!
1) when you bring your computer in, they log you in electronically and set your computer on the counter for processing. any and all associates have access to your computer and all of it's "personal data!"
2) none of the "techs" are "certified"! I repeat... none of the "techs" have any certification or training other than a 10 minute "staples" test! don't believe me? ask to see any documentation on any of their "techs" as being "certified" and watch for their response!
3) their "techs" are hired of the street or pulled off the sales floor by being able to answer this (1) question... "do you know anything about computers?" if they answer yes, they are hired!
4) they offer "free diagnostics" knowing that "if you bring it in, it is because you know there is a problem" and they will always be able to charge you to "fix it!"
5) if they tell you that you need a "system restore" it is because they screwed up and "lost all of your files," and are now about to charge you an additional $100 because of their mistake!
6) 90% of the "spyware removal tools" they use are "freeware" on the internet! they only have a "norton" diagnostics tool, but it "does not remove trojans or viruses!" they use "downloaded free programs" and charge you $89!
7) and worst of all! walk up to the counter and say you are there to pick up your computer. give them your name, and the computer is yours! no i. d. or original paperwork required! want a free computer? over hear the name of a customer dropping of a computer, go out side, wait 10 minutes, call the store and tell them you changed your mind and are sending your associate back to pick it up... free computer, and staples has to explain to the real owner where their computer is, and who has access to all their "personal information!"
Remember... I tried to warn them and got fired for doing so! they are now fair game!
More Staples Complaints & Reviews
- Staples - easytech fraud 
- Staples, Inc - service for screen on my iphone 6 plus
- Staples/staplesrewardssignstaples.com - failure to credit my purchases to my awards a/c 
- Staples - awful company to work for 
- Staples - staples credit card fraud? 
- Staples - employees can share your private information. 
- Staples - warranty on acer laptop
- Staples - employee
- Staples Technical Support - repair rip-off
- Staples - americans with disability act, use of free wifi, staples on main st in the city of orange ca