Spirit Airlines / no refund with hurricane irma??

On August 22nd I purchased 2 tickets to fly to St. Thomas and then take a boat to St. John. Confirmation code: P8PDUS The trip was scheduled for March 6-14 2018. However, due to the recent destruction Hurricane Irma brought, we cancelled our trip on September 15th. There's no way the islands will be back to normal and open for business by then. St. John isn't expecting electricity til February 2018!! So sad. I have attached a picture of the neighborhood we were going to be staying.
The house we were staying in has given us a full refund no questions asked. Obviously they understand the circumstances and that things out of our control happen sometimes. Here's the phone number of the lady [protected]. She is devastated as you can imagine!
I am requesting a full refund of the amount I paid for the tickets $638.28. We were going with friends and they were flying American Airlines, they have fully refunded her for the trip even though their cancellation policy is just like yours. I am not going anywhere for a while. Not until hurricane season is in the distance!
Thank you for your hard work...please help.

Spirit Airlines