Spirit Airlines / forced to forfeit fair due to missed flight!
Spirit airlines was unwilling to offer any sort of accommodation whatsoever for a flight I missed this morning traveling from DCA to FLL. I paid Spirit Airlines roughly $300.00 for a round-trip ticket. When I missed my flight I immediately called to have my itinerary switched, be placed on standby, offered a credit toward a re-booked flight, pretty much anything possible to still get down to FLL without completely forfeiting my entire fare. This is a common courtesy and an acceptable service done by every airline - except Spirit. They seized my entire fair, canceled my return ticket, and told me that if I would like I could rebook this reservation and pay the entire price of the ticket. The next available ticket out of DCA to FLL later today with the same return flight was $400+ dollars, which I was told I would have to pay in full out of my pocket.
It is completely outrageous for an airline to take advantage of a consumer like this. Many mitigating factors can lead to a missed flight and Spirit Airlines should be willing to work with the consumer.
More Spirit Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Spirit Airlines - lost luggage 
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized credit card charge 
- Spirit Air - $9 fare club 
- Spirit Airlines - double billing my credit card 
- Spirit Airlines - bogus bait & switch practices! 
- Spirit Airlines - no room at seat and extra cost for seat assignment
- Spirit Airlines - staff n flight missed
- Spirit Airlines - ! worse airline 
- Spirit Airlines - customer service / ticketing
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized credit card charges