Spirit Airlines / forced to forfeit fair due to missed flight!

Spirit airlines was unwilling to offer any sort of accommodation whatsoever for a flight I missed this morning traveling from DCA to FLL. I paid Spirit Airlines roughly $300.00 for a round-trip ticket. When I missed my flight I immediately called to have my itinerary switched, be placed on standby, offered a credit toward a re-booked flight, pretty much anything possible to still get down to FLL without completely forfeiting my entire fare. This is a common courtesy and an acceptable service done by every airline - except Spirit. They seized my entire fair, canceled my return ticket, and told me that if I would like I could rebook this reservation and pay the entire price of the ticket. The next available ticket out of DCA to FLL later today with the same return flight was $400+ dollars, which I was told I would have to pay in full out of my pocket.

It is completely outrageous for an airline to take advantage of a consumer like this. Many mitigating factors can lead to a missed flight and Spirit Airlines should be willing to work with the consumer.

Da

Comments

• Wi
      25th of Apr, 2008

I lake vorking for this compagnie sprit airline. I have a good experience one the job unite-state. Im, verry realy Iwas working long time. I working one the winndixie golf coast, food services.Im, happy apply one the compagnie.For imformatin please give, a call at (786) 873-7454 or (954) 367-2534, tank your.