Speedway, LLC / management

1 Huntington, IN, United States Review updated:

My name is Felicia Rasmussen I currently worked for Speedway address 1562 Madison Ave Huntington w.v 25704 my manager was named Roger..It's extremely unprofessional management I was terminated for calling off on 08/15/2018 my 2year old son was sick when I woke up that morning I took him straight to the doctors at Valley Health.. I informed Roger what was going on and that I had a doctor's excuse apparently it wasn't good enough..Another manager sent me a message later in the day and told me I was being fired for missing work that morning even though it was a medical emergency and I had a doctor's excuse! Also a friend of mine messaged me and let me know the same thing..When I contacted Roger about it he responded with "Well nobody was supposed to tell you anything but they did it was going to happen I warned you about calling off." He did have a conversation with me prior to this about employees not just me but all calling off or showing up late and that from that day forward if anyone calls off without proper reasons or a doctor's excuse will be terminated. I feel as if it was extremely unprofessional and maybe even illegal that I was terminated with a doctor's excuse..I still to this day have the doctors excuse..I'm not sure what can be done about this but I enjoyed my work if someone could please email me back with some information!

Bo
Aug 8, 2018

Comments

• Ti
      16th of Jan, 2019

My name is Tim and have Ben using your Almont mi.store since it was built !! I been working the midnight shift for several years now and always stop in for my work coffee, because I only drink speed way coffee !!! The people were always friendly and would always have a fresh pot made for me, they knew I worked 7 days a week and were happy to have fresh coffee for me !!! Recently a new manager took over and the fresh coffee stoped getting made !! I asked the employees and was told they couldn’t make it until I came in and asked for it !!! I informed the manager when I met him that I was in every night to get my coffee but that I did not have time to wait for a pot to be made !!! He informed me that he was following company policy and wouldn’t change it !!! This is too bad, because I miss the people there and absolutely refuse to go back to that store !!! I have also started going to other places to get coffee !! If you can afford to lose my business good !! If not get rid of that idiot manager while you still have any customers !!!