Sonic Drive - In / crooked, unprofessional company

Lafayette, LA, US Review updated:
Phone: 337-233-8340

Hellpp mee!!! Hello everyone! My name is ashli auguillard. I'm a junior in high school and just made 16 this summer, so I got a job at sonic drive-in in june. I've been workin great there! I get an averagr of 60 dollars in tips a day and have many regular customers who enjoy my service, but it seems that my positive attitude and innocense had been taken advantage of by the managers there. The store manager is the mother of 18 year old steven who's a manager, and he's datint misty, another manager there. Steven is very unprofessional. He poorly greets customers with his shirt at his knees. He and misty would constantly discuss their sexual affairs at work. I'm only sixteen but I know that they don't follow correct procedure. They always mess up my check and i'm left waiting till the next paycheck to get the previous paycheck. They constantly close the store from 5-30 minutes early. Lately i'd been coming up short with my money every day, so i'd have to give up my tips. Something's crooked about those people because i'm not the only one who's been having this problem. One employee even told me that I was blind if I couldn't tell what was going on. A couple of days ago steven threw cheese at me and I was fed up, so I cursed him out. He told this to his mother but hadn't mentioned him throwing cheese at me or calling me a "hoe." I was fired. Everyone at work was surprised and mad. I help everyone with everything and keep their spirits up. I'm an amazing carhop and have a 4.0 gpa at school. I just don't see why I was fired for cursing. They curse all the time with all employees. Plus, misty cursed everyone out then quit, and was given her job back by the store manager [mother-in-law] within a day. It's because she's the store manager's son's girlfriend. There are many worse problems that involve legal matters that go on with this place. I don't know what to do. It isn't right. What professional company do I complain to. Help!!

Comments

• Rl
      Sep 09, 2009

Ashli you do not need to stand for this treatment. I have Sonic's Franchise, corporate and employee complaint numbers. e-mail me at [protected]@yahoo.com and I will give them to you. My son works for the Sonic Drive-In in Aztec, NM and he is having this kind of problem too. We need to put an end to this now.

• Tm
      Feb 15, 2010

i also worked at sonic and the same thing ahppened to me everyone ate waht they wanted and it was not a good resturant i ended up quiting because they alwasy screwed up my hours and took me for granted ...be strong !!!