Sling TV / unauthorized credit card charges

1 Nampa, ID, United States Review updated:

When I reviewed the billing information on my fathers account, I noticed there was a $59.99 charge made on 10/31/2017 for a pay per view fight. I called the customer service number and told them that we did not order this. I was told that there is no refund for P.P.V. I did argue with her that I know we did not order this. My Dad is 88, and he has a hard time running the ROKU stick. She told me that it is a 2 step process to order this, and the pass word on the account must be entered. Well, my father does not know the pass word, or even my e mail address, which the account is set up through. He does not like fights, and neither do I, I don't even like football, sorry to all of the fans out there, but I don't. She told me that she would forward the request for a refund to the department that handles this, "Customercarescalation", and I would receive an e mail in two days regarding this. Well, I did, and of course it said, "according to our records, you ordered UFC217 : Bisping vs St Pierre which begins on Nov 4 2017"7:30 MST". Well, we did not order this, and no one else has the account information, so, how did this happen? I guess people pay that much, but not here, and my father and I are both on fixed incomes, and its a lot of money, especially to just be taken away. They would not even consider that this was an error on their part. I really can't believe it! Needless to say, the account will be closed. And if I give any reviews, or speak to anyone about Sling, it will not be positive. In my mind, they stole $59.99 from my 88 year old father.

Su
Nov 11, 2017

Comments

• Pe
      26th of May, 2018

billing me for an account closed 3 months ago. the crooks

• Te
      3rd of Jun, 2018

Back inOct 2017 I signed up for the 7 day trial and had it cancelled it before the 7 say expired. Now in May 2018 they charge me $29. So I called customer service and I am told it is pre paid and I won't get a refund and I will be able to watch for a month. They didn't want to refund my money back even though I called them up within 3 days of my credit card getting charged. Instead they told me to change my password and call the bank. The company is fraud and this is nothing other than a scan. I am the only one who had access to my account and if my bank account was compromised than it would have other charges which there was none.