Sleep Number Corporation / your delivery team and customer service or lack of!

1 New York, NY, United States

We ordered a $4, 600 Queen i7 bed. We waited 2 weeks for it to be delivered and I took the day off to be there. When they came to deliver it they said they couldn't get it up my stairs, I would either need to get a King or remove my railings on my stairs. Not knowing how to or wishing to remove my railings I asked the delivery guy to consider other options, while he was on the phone with his dispatcher I removed my stair railings. I asked him if he could deliver it now to which he replied no your delivery has been rescheduled. I said your here, the beds here and the railings have been removed and still he refused, so now I have a unsafe stairway and no bed, I am fuming and you just lost a $4, 600 sale. If this is how you treat a customer on deliver I'd hate to see how you'd treat a customer with a problem!

So a customer service representative called and I explained the situation, they said they would contact the delivery team to see what happened. The delivery team told them they have pictures of the railings on when they left, when they actually took the photos of the railings when they first arrived and advised me I need to either get a King or remove the railing. Quite obviously they are protecting themselves with lies. The representative I talk to about the lie said "what do you want me to do? They are in New York and I'm in Minnesota". Wow great company, great customer service.

Sleep Number Corporation