Sixt.com / sixt car rental hamburg
I rented a car in Hamburg, Germany for period 25.07.2019 – 01.08.2016, and I was told that Protection Package Basic (contract number [protected]) that includes tire and class coverage will cover damages, scratches, etc., except accidents. I've returned the car, and I haven’t got any message that was find damage.
Suddenly, on 08.11.2016 I've received this e-mail:
We have not received your payment of our damage claim.
Immediate payment of the outstanding amount of 816, 12 EUR plus 19, 50 EUR overdue fines is therefore requested.
In case of not receiving the outstanding amount by 16.11.2016 we will be compelled to initiate legal proceedings without
further notice. Any legal costs will be debited to you in addition.”,
without any explanation what the damage is and why payment amount is so high.
I've answered that I know nothing about the damage and payment request, I've attached copy of my contract that includes protection package, but still I've got payment request.
Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car Customer Care's Response, Nov 22, 2016
To whom it may concern,
In this instance, if you have disputed the validity of the damage claim, then you are encouraged to send a written correspondence to [protected]@sixt.com advising as such since the rental took place in Germany. Once received, you may expect a response within a short time.
SiXT Customer Service Department
More Sixt.com Complaints & Reviews
- Sixt Car Rental - fraud & scam 
- Sixt - car rental 
- Kemwel - Sixt Car Rental - overcharged 
- Sixt Rent A Car - fraudulent damage claim 
- Sixt Car Rental - insurance fraud 
- Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car - unadvised deposit not returned
- Sixt Car Rental - little engine oil
- Sixt Car Rental - payment & service
- Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car - car rent, no compromise, no service
- Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car - sixt rent a car scam