Singpost Speedpost / sgd $70 charge delivery nothing

Singapore Review updated:

2 month ago, my family try to send me urgent needed product from Singapore using Singpost Speedpost service, just very light product, they charge my family $70 SGD. And we are ok since they promise to send in 5 working days to my USA address. After 1 month, I still have not receive my product. (my address is correct) And now I am back to Singapore, and the package return to my Singapore address in 2 month time.
I call they and complain this for money back, they say since you have gotten the item, they have done the service. ( Funny right, if I do not go back to Singapore I will never receive my package!) And they ask me to complain this to USA delivery company (Funny again, my family pay money to Singpost, but they ask us to complain to another company!).
I think monopoly of delivery outlets have make this company a cheater and robber face already.

Li
Apr 23, 2014

Comments

• Ve
      12th of May, 2014

Before I submitted my order for an item from overseas, I checked the shipping rate, the dimensions and the weight. I called Singpost support and gave them the specifications. They worked out the fees which I thought was reasonable so I went ahead to order. And when the bill came, Singpost charged me more than $100 for the shipping! One third of the cost of my item! Not that it cannot charge high but it misled me to think it was charging at a cost acceptable to me. Since then, I never used Singpost.