Singapore Post (SingPost)failure of delivery of registered articles

Dear Sir/Mdm,

I would like to lodge a complaint with you regarding the delivery of a registered mail to my home recently.

I received a reminder from SingPost (green notice) 2 days ago, dated 24 Nov that a delivery was attempted on 16 Nov (Thur). On this day, both myself and my children were at home and we did not hear the door bell ring. If the delivery was actually attempted, shouldn't the postman leave a delivery notice (white one) to inform that a delivery was attempted but no one was at home. I did not find any such notice outside my door at all, which makes me question if the said delivery was actually made. I have received numerous parcels made through online orders during the year and the courier or delivery man have always left the items outside my door when no one is at home, and none of these items have ever gone missing. So you must understand why I find it hard to believe that the delivery note left by your mailman (if indeed it was left behind) has gone missing. This is the first issue that I have.

I collected the items (2 registered letters) earlier this afternoon. The contents of these letters contain official original documents that have been duly notarised and lodged with the Office of the Public Guardian. To my horror, the envelopes and the actual contents have water damage on them causing smudges to the endorsement stamps on the official documents. This is totally unacceptable and is my second issue. Now I have to check with the Office of Public Guardian to see if the documents are still valid in the current condition or if they need to be replaced, and if there would be a cost if replacement is necessary. All this is totally unnecessary and could have been avoided if your appointed delivery person had duly fulfilled his obligation.

I have attached photos for your reference.

Kindly acknowledge this complaint and advise me on your course of action on this. I may be reached via email at [protected]@gmail.com

Thank you.