Simmons Mattress / What good is the warranty

1 PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-755-7378

We bought a queen size Simmons mattress in 2005. The sales person said the mattress has a 10 year warranty. I asked what was covered? He said well if the mattress fails the company will honor it. I said, "the most important thing to me was that I don't want to pay $1300 for a mattress and I am still rolling into my husband when he lays down". Needless to say, in 2006 the mattress started to fail. I couldn't take it anymore. For a year my husband slept at the foot of the bed and I at the head. We called the company in 2007, someone came out and noted that there was a depression of an inch and a half. The company called us back to say they couldn't honor the warranty because there was a small stain on the mattress. I hadn't noticed the stain. I remember I spilled soda on the mattress a couple days before and forgot about it. They said I should have brought a mattress cover from them to protect the mattress. I keep a mattress cover on my mattress but it had to be from their company or they would honor the warranty. I think it is a shame to pay so much money for a mattress and you don't get the quality you pay for. Every time I buy new products I always feel violated, like I was legally robbed of my hard earned money.

Fe

Comments

• Ca
      10th of Jul, 2008

Same situation. NEVER BUY SIMMONS MATTRESS! THEY LIE! And their supposed 10 year warranty is not worth the paper it is written on.

• Pa
      21st of Jul, 2008

I am in the same situation.
    you may want to send an email to
    SIMMONS.BED.LAWSUIT@GMAIL.COM

there is a class action law suite being raised.

• Pe
      12th of Feb, 2011

Horrible and defective mattress!!! It sags within months and causes terrible back pains. We paid $2, 500. for a peice of garbage. We are irate and hate Simmons.

• Ti
      2nd of Dec, 2012

Our bed sags so much after 7 months I have to hold on to the side to keep from rolling to the middle. Unfortunately, after six phone calls and sending certified letters to Simmons and Sit n Sleep, they offered me $750 credit, ONLY on a Simmons. I can't find a Simmons worth having.

• Bo
      10th of Feb, 2017

Any current info. on Simmons mattress lawsuits? Just bought one and it is tearing after a month!