Silverleaf Resorts / Waste of Time / Misleading

United States, Texas, Irving Review updated:
Awards Verification Center/ Silverleaf Resorts
We almost cancelled & we should have. High pressure sales. My husband & I aren't emotional buyers Thank the Lord, so it was easy to say no. I did feel bad for the kid who first met with us though. He was so young & seemed like a good kid suckered into that atmosphere.

The "90 minute tour" turned into over 3 hours when we wouldn't buy. We never received the $40 voucher / gift card. We won a "bigger prize" the cruise.

They did advise us of the $100.00 refundable deposit, but not the $179.00 per person charge with limited dates leaving from Galveston.

I can buy a 4 day cruise to Mexico for the same or less than that on certain travel dates.

A  28th of Feb, 2009 by
I went to the Hill Country Resort for their 90 minute (a/k/a 3 hour)presentation. We did not buy but were given an option to come back and buy later...we were told on the phone we would get a $40 VISA, $100 in gas vouchers and a choice of a vacation package. I did get the VISA and the cruise and a voucher...once I got home and read all the guidlines I was shocked at the stipulations. We were told "come on out we hand you the vouchers..you go into a station, buy $10 worth of gas and then get $10 free at the time of purchase..." in reality, you buy the gas, copy the receipt, mail it in to Spirit and they send you a check for $10. This has to be done for every $10 purchase but only one a month. Who has time to keep up with that... I also read up on the cruise. There is a $100 deposit and a $179.00 per person fee. I went directly to the cruise website and can basically get the same thing with more options. I would be afraid if I used the package given to us by SilverLeaf we would be housed in the basement of the boat. PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THESE RESORTS. Another thing that boiled my blood. We went from 17K to 7K, same package...10K cheaper because we werent biting...that was insulting in itself. I wanted to stand up everytime they rang that damn bell and announced another new owner and say "WHO ARE YOU KIDDING! YOU ARE A BUNCH OF SCAM ARTISTS! DONT DO IT! THEY JUST OFFERED ME A 10k DISCOUNT ON THE PACKAGE YOU JUST BOUGHT FOR $17k!!"
N  28th of May, 2009 by
If you need help in canceling your Silverleaf contract, even if you are past the rescission period please email me:

A  24th of Jun, 2009 by
I went to the Villages in Tyler, Tx. This too was a 3 hour presentation, not to mention the 4 hours of driving. It was very easy for me to say 'no'-the condos, etc. are cheap and cramped. Plus, I'm 26, single, and no kids. After I told my guide/sales person I wasn't interested, a 'financial advisor' came up to me and asked what my 'rock-bottom' price would be. (Their condos run at ~$15, 000, with a 25% down payment.) He came back with some scheme about a condo coming up that only had $7000 left in payments, and I wouldn't have to put anything down. If you're actually interested in purchasing a time share with these people, don't bite at the first price they give you-I'm sure they would've taken more than $8000 off the price if I was truly interested. Also, they charge $70 a month for cleaning a condo that you are only allowed to use once a year. They try to say you can go to their 6 resorts several times throughout the year, but in actuality, you are allowed to use the facilities for up to one week. It's just not worth it.

Silverleaf Resorts Logo Silverleaf Resorts