Shoprite Supermarkets / Wakefern Corporation / online gift card purchase - not worth the trouble!

I purchased a shoprite gift card on dec 19 2006 at 11am in the amount of $25.00 from the shoprite website. It stated on the website that if you ordered by end of dec 19, I would receive it for christmas 2006. It is jan 22 2007 and we still have not received this item. I contacted via email shoprite on dec 27 2006 indicating that we hadnt received it. I never received an email. On dec 30 I called shoprite via the 1-800 # and spoke to I a woman named carol who stated " there was an error in the ordering and the shipping information was missing, I was working alone that day and didnt have the time on account she was swamped with 80 orders that I had to process myself to go email you back to get the correct information, so she let it go. I asked why the computer accepted and processed my credit card. Carol stated the computer isnt programmed to pick up on errors of that nature. I asked her to cancel that gift card out and sent me out a replacement card. She stated she wouldn't do that and she will wait until the original card was returned to shoprite and then and only then would she reissue a new gift card. I verified my information with her and she said she would send it when it comes back. I felt this was ridiculous, sometimes it takes months for items to be returned back the sender, why couldn't she just cancel that card in light of the inconvenience I was subjected to and send out a new gift card, this was a christmas gift. Carol called me on jan 5 2007, saying that she will cancel out the gift card and send out a replacement card asap.

It is now jan 22 2007 and still no card. Im very unhappy with the customer service I have been provided with your company. I have been a regular shopper with shoprite for over 10yrs. I felt this woman was very unprofessional and has done a disservice of representing shoprite and wakefern, especially when she stated she was too busy to check the information because she was overloaded with 80 orders. Being the large corporation that shoprite is, more staff should have been available to meet the demands of the gift card orders during the holiday season, and not to provide a very unprofessional excuse that she was too busy. The website stated if you order by dec 19 2006, you would receive it by dec 25 2006. The gift card was only being mailed to long island ny. I understand it is a busy time but I never received 1 email explaining the problem or offering at least an apology.

Today I received an email that they would send out the gift card out again and I would receive it within 2 days. I feel after all the aggravation shoprite and wakefern has put me through, they should at the very least double the gift card amount.

A warning to anyone looking to purchase gift cards on www.Shoprite. com, do not worth the trouble

I will update my complaint if they actually follow through with what they said for the 3rd time and send out the item I purchased over a month ago...

www.Shoprite. com
Wakefern. com

Comments

4th of Mar, 2007

After being a customer for ten years in the same town, Today after I did my food shopping, I went back into shoprite to the pharmacy department to pick up some asthma medication for my husband.

I originally had a price club card. One with my mom. Her card was on me, which is the one I always use. My husband uses my price card.

I went to pay by check in the amount of fourteen dollars at their pharmacy, after spending all my cash on my groceries. they had no record of me whatsoever on the card or in their system. As My Mom has been deceased for over two years, we redid an application even though I have through all the years used both my checking accounts. The one with my Mom and the one with my husband. They then me sent me back over to the pharmacy. Now my new price card did not come through, their system was down. After a half hour with my groceries in the car there was NO Manager that could sign for my clearance of a fourteen dollar check for over the counter medication. ID given, new application and all and I left that store without my final purchase. I went to the bank and then went to another pharmacy. Their Managers and customer service was the absolute worst I have ever seen. Nice way to treat a ten year customer.

• Mk
      16th of Feb, 2012

I have been havong MAJOR ISSUES WITH Inserra Shoprite as well. I` disabled and have been using their online shopping service. The issues I`ve had are too long to list in a simple reply to your comment but needless to say if I don`t get satisfactory resolution (and I doubt I will) I will posting my own complaint on this board. I`ve been dealing with Maryann Donahue as well and the general attitude of Inserra in general toward their customers is VERY BAD. So I`ve been there with Inserra and very likely they will be losing my $500 a month buisness as well.

• Th
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Shoprite Holdings - Power play
    Soshanguve Pretoria
    South Africa

I went to shoprite at soshanguve plaza where by the power play display price was R13.99 but when it was punched on the system was R19.99 the cashier was very helpful for to get it by the price I saw but the supervisor and sales manager were very rude choose wisely when it comes to management very poor customer

• Mm
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Shoprite Holding - 7pc cookware set
    Johannesburg
    shopriteholdings.co.za

I will like to place complain about 7pc cookware set I bought from shoprite Savoy in December 2017. I followed all instructions how I should use it but it got rusty more and more.

• Nt
      28th of Aug, 2018
    Shoprite randburg square - Bread
    Rundburg johannesburg
    ntura@gmail.com

I was very disappointed to be turned back at the counter for bread that does not have a price on it and especially for the fact that I have to go back and look for the barcode myself...I really thing the floor manager or stuff is not doing their jobs and its disrespectful and inconvenience for us...need to fix this asap

3rd of Sep, 2018
    Shoprite Holdings - advertisement on tv spend 50 and get scratch card
    durban
    South Africa

I spent 700 and got one card the manager in game city Durban branch said she didn't advertise the give what till says she was very rucom please resolve thisI am unemployed but support checkers every month gorbetterprices but don't think false advertising will be good. My cell 0724873580 deanjaneschka1969@gmail.com

• Ve
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Shoprite Holdings - service
    Sterkspruit
    South Africa

16.10.2017 i payed with my absa cheque card, payment reflects on my statement but shoprite sterkspruit insists that the payment didnot go though. 0764670231. i need back my money ASAP. i logged a call before but i have not been assisted yet.
    Old ref number: 18549