Shaw Internet / so speed - not getting the internet speed I am paying for

BC, Canada Review updated:

I have been with Shaw for over 11 years, worst customer service, and tech support. I am paying for Broadband 50 and most of the time I get less than extreme or high speed internet connection. Called their Technical support, always the same thing, wait for over 30- 40 mins before getting to a rep, then the routine of unplug modem etc..I had to cancel appointments as I can not wait all day at home waiting for them, as I travel and work. I pay @$180 per month, it is frustrating when you surf the web, or check emails, you are not even getting the service you pay for. I replaced my router on advice of Shaw person, to the best one possible, still an issue. I got their Broadband 50 modem, and was told that I need to connect directly to my modem to get that speed, Shaw's own modem with built in wifi, can not even back up their wifi for speed. i believe the modern world uses wifi then plugging in your laptop with a direct cable. Tech and customer service calls have been pointless most time as is service calls, with out resolution of this issue. I had to get a WIND mobile stick for back, when my internet goes to snail's pace, I think dial up might be faster. The final reason for this complain here was due to bad experience with their technical support team. Looking to see if I can find another internet /phone/ TV provider without these issues.

Comments

• Sh
      Mar 07, 2012

Hey Mike,

My names Sean from Shaw's Social Media Team. I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you've had so far. I'd really like the opportunity to get these issues resolved for you and will do my best to work around your schedule. Please email me at shawfeedback[at]sjrb.ca (replace [at] with @) with ATT: Sean in the subject line and I'll be in touch asap.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,