Shaw Cable / stealing modem
Was an on and off customer for a few years (5) as i went to college untill this year i decided to cancel my account like i usually did when i go home from the dorms. This time my modem was labeled as a rental modem, the one I had been using for years and they demanded i return their property.
Talking with customer service it boiled down to "do you have a receipt?" and being a student I don't nessisary keep receipts from 4+ years ago. They informed me there was absolutely nothing that could be done without that peice of paper no mater how improbable it was that i had rented the same modem (Serial Number) for my entire shaw lifetime (never returning it after i'd cancel for the summer before either)it was now a rental.
I am going to have give them my modem that they seem to want so badly or pay 300 dollars... so congratulations shaw you muscled my old modem away from me!
More Shaw Cable Complaints & Reviews
- Shaw Cable - billing scam 
- Shaw Direct - customer service 
- Shaw Direct / Star Choice - hidden disclaimers
- Shaw Internet Survey - shaw internet survey scam 
- Shaw Cable - hacker attempts! 
- Shaw Communications - shaw intentionally makes it difficult to impossible to disconnect or reduce services
- Shaw Communications - sneaky tactics
- Shaw - high shaw bill without any notice
- Shaw Communications - unethical behavior
- Shaw Communications - the lack of telephone support