Sears.com / fraud/false advertisement

This is to warn Consumers that Sears.com does not honor their advertised pricing. They say its on their online disclaimer. They are at hopes you wont notice. If purchasing multiple Items when you go to cart the prices are increased one even doubled! I was promised by a customer service rep that if I purchased it she would credit me, that is the only way. Well needless to say it said the order did not go through(but later saw it was charged)she then said to call customer service they will take care of you and credit you. I received her employee number and everything... It was all a farce two more supervisors later they will not honor the price. This is a scam and a rip off...They no longer have me ever as a customer.

Comments

• Td
      29th of May, 2011

Company information:
    SEARS.COM
    California
    SEARS.COM

I have a online profile Sears.com and have ordered numerous times through this website. I had similar problem prior, thought it may have been a isolated occurrence, it happened again. I ordered 2 ipad 32gb @300.00 as advertised on sears.com, paid with paypal option. Paypal has my shipping address (confirmed), and have seller protection provided they ship to address on paypal payment. Verification department from Sears called the next and they were provided the same information as on paypal but it seems like sears.com just wanted to find a way to cancel the order because they did not have the item to fulfill. I told the obnoxious verification person, who would not give me his name that I can go to the Sears store and have them verify whatever they want to verify and not cancel the order, guess what ? they cancelled the order. I called customer service at sears.com and they said they will reinstate the order and I will need to pay with another credit card besides paypal. I said okay, go ahead and I will give them a new credit card number. Could not complete order because of course they did not have any in stock and but for $80.00 more they will sell me the similar item. What a scam... Sears.com ought to be ashamed of themselves. I will try to call their headquarters @ 847-286-2500, although I do not expect much from them. I have filed complaint with FTC for false advertising.