Sears / Refrigerator / damage during delivery to home!

1 3333 Bevery Road E5377AHoffman Estates, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8200-762-3049

I purchased a new Kenmore refrigerator from Sears which was delivered on 22-26-07. The delivery company movers were rude and did not speak English so I could not tell them to "please stop!" They gouged and scraped the paint off my newly painted front landing, muddied the carpet, and gouged and scratched my new kitchen linoleum when they did not use a dolly on wheels; They dragged the fridge across the living room and kitchen to the far side kitchen window. They then repeated this action to remove my old fridge.

The new fridge was filthy! As if it had been sitting outside in the San Diego October wildfires. It had multiple small scratches all over it and ballpoint pen markings. It was also missing the dairy door to the dairy section of the fridge.

Adam Churchin of Sears refused to pay to repair any of the damages done to my home and despite calling the customer service center every 2 weeks I have not received a new, working, undamaged dairy door.
(In January, they did send me a dairy door which arrived broken as it was shipped in a box with no padding/bubble wrap).

Sears has told me that if I wish to have my money refunded I must return the refrigerator. However, they are not going to pay for a pick-up nor are they going to return my old fridge to me. My old fridge was working fine- I just wanted an upgrade.

1.) Don't purchase appliances from Sears as they sell incomplete merchandise that is broken or missing parts; use third-party contractors for delivery who don't speak English; and will not repair or compensate you for damages done to your home during the delivery.
2.) Take a video of your home- the floors, walls, appliance you are having removed etc. BEFORE the delivery men arrive so if any damage is done you have visual proof.

Ma

Comments

• Ni
      13th of Nov, 2009

I filed a claim with the BBB because I purchased a washing machine from the Sears Outlet that did not come with a necessary part needed in transporting the machine. I moved 2 years later and damaged the washer because it didn't have this part and it was out of warranty. No help from Adam Churchin on this either!

• Lo
      17th of Aug, 2010
    Sears / Refrigerator - rebate is a joke
    sears
    Santa Rosa
    California

do not let the rebate from Sears fool you, it's a joke. They tried to lure you in to buy their product and used many possible thing to let the rebate go. And if you spend time to contact them, they will say it will take 3-4 weeks to get the check but actually it take them 3-4 months to arrive. Better go for Home depot or Lowe's

• Da
      4th of Aug, 2014

Absolutely. My BBB complaint (unable to get refrigerator repair for a YEAR) is supposedly "assigned" to Adam Churchin. I have not heard from him. I have left voicemails and emails. No response. No contact. No effort. No anything. Sears---and for that matter, BBB, which I now understand is as corrupt as the rest--is an unethical corporate monster.