Sears Outlet, Sacramento, CA / extremely poor management

On July 7, 2009, I was scheduled for a 1:00 pm employment interview with the Sears Outlet in Sacramento, CA. I arrived at 12:45 pm and found that there were 5 other candidates waiting as well. One in particular was scheduled for a 12 noon interview and was yet to be seen when I arrived. I was marginally greeted by a Sears employee who once he determined that I was not there to shop, proceeded to ignore me and the other candidates. At 1:20 pm I asked if in fact interviews were to going to be conducted and was told to "just wait!"
I decided that perhaps I might want to rethink my decision to apply for a position with Sears at this particular location. I wished the candidate that had been waiting at this point for over an hour 'good luck' and left. Not, in my opinion, the way I'd go about cultivating a winning team environment and positive/high employee moral.

D  27th of Sep, 2009 by
Boy Sears dodged a bullet with you. Just think if the manager had decided to ignore any other unforseen issues (customer complaint - staff call in - interview took longer than expected - etc) he could have hired you and then daily you could come to work and schedule time away from something as unimportant as a customer to develop a plan for building a better team. Or maybe there is a great team in place that does not have time in their customer focus to have idle chit chat with applicants.
A  10th of Nov, 2009 by
I work at a Sears branch in Oxford, AL. This Sears store is for the most part a family store. Most of management and employees get along nicely. We do although have a Store manager that needs to find another job. He is the most heartless manager that I have encountered and I have been with Sears for quite sometime. We have a ASM here that had an Uncle to pass recently and this ASM was very close to this uncle and asked if they could be excused for the burial . This store manager said no. The way I look at things is that we all work together and for him to deny this is not right. This store manager isnt liked by very many of the employees here at store 2186. I really wished that Sears Corporate would look into this. Happy employees make for happy customers. It goes hand in hand. Most are scared to stand up to make a point because they know that they will be singled out and most likely gotten rid of . The job market prevents them from standing up . I really do hope that this not gets to someone who can make a difference. Sears should stay a family company and treat their employees well. Just an opinion of a fellow family member(employee).

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands