[Resolved] Sears / never step foot in any sears store

Less than a year and half ago, we went to sears to purchase a new KENMORE Elite 26cf refrigerator, front loading washing machine and dryer with the Pedastals and a dishwasher–all supposed to be “the best” all Sears KENMORE Elite products. Every item has broken and is poorly made. The refrigerator broke within one week and we lost all food items, we sent it back and purchased a different brand, the dishwasher continuously has had problems and is currently awaiting for repair-this is the 3rd time!

The dryer has been fixed now twice and the washing machine smells so foul-a serious mold problem even though ileave the door open to air it out, clean it with bleach, run the clean cycle ect-just disgusting overall. The round rubber piece inside the door had to be replaced last week due to it already having holes in it and water was leaking everywhere-looked like a flood in our laundry room and now the door will not latch properly (code F22) and I can not do any laundry for 10days until Sears has time to come fix it.

I was told to go to the laundry mat. The service is absolutely horrendous, timeliness of repairs completely unacceptable! DO NOT BUY ANY APPLIANCES FROM SEARS! it is a rip off, all appliances are cheaply made with cheap parts that are designed to fail and cost the customer even more money! SO Disappointed with sears–needless to say, I am no longer a customer and will NEVER step foot in any Sears store!

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Apr 19, 2012

Dear Balsio,

We are truly sorry to hear of your frustration with your appliances, and the services that we have provided you thus far. It concerns us when we hear of things like this happening with products we sell. Unfortunately, we do not “make” anything. We are simply the seller of the products. Kenmore is a brand but the manufacturer can be any of a number of reputable and popular manufacturers depending on the model and year. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We would like the chance to speak with your more about this situation, and ensure that everything is being done on your behalf, to address all your concerns.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the appliances were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name Balsio you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.