Sears Kenmore Trio Elite / high-pitched hum

Is anyone else with a Sears Kenmore Trio Elite going crazy by hearing a constant high-pitched hum whenever the refrigerator "kicks in"??? I realize all refrigerators hum or make some sort of sound whenever they kick in to adjust temperature, but really, this high-pitched noise is enough to drive anyone to the nut house! I thought we'd get used to it, but we even hear it above our television noise and even when I'm in bed (upstairs and away from the kitchen), if it's quiet and I'm just laying there, I can hear it. It's not just my husband and me who hear it...everyone who comes over hears it too. Sears says this is a "normal" noise and unfortunately, I looked in the manual and it, too, says a "high-pitched" sound is "normal." See you at the insane asylum!

Comments

• Er
      6th of Aug, 2008

I have the Trio model, not the Elite, but it is noisy ! I suggest you complain loud and often to Sears, and if you have a service agreement, or if it is still on warranty, request service and document everything. I am about to ask that my Trio be replaced with a new unit, after 2 years and many service calls for the same problem Not all of these units are noisy, as a close family member has one and it is very quiet.