Sears Kenmore / over the range microwave
5 years ago we purchased a Kenmore Microwave oven from Sears, Model # 721.63654300
We recently noticed that the glass in the front of the door had slid down partway into the door, leaving a gap at the top to which microwave radiation could leak out. I called Sears Consumer complaints and she told me she had never heard of such a thing, but to unplug it and NOT use it until service could come out. Of course the microwave was no longer under warranty. I was not comfortable with just a quick fix anyway, as that is very dangerous to have radiation leaking into the home. The repair man called me and told me it would cost upwards of $180 just for a new door, that did not include labor charges.
We ended up purchasing a new microwave. NOT a Sears/Kenmore. I will never use that product again. Unfortunately a majority of my appliances are Kenmore, but they do not stand behind their product. Even though it was no longer under warranty, I felt we should have been re-imbursed or credited the amount of the microwave oven. This was a very dangerous situation for my family. I have told many people about this issue with my microwave and will not ever own a Kenmore appliance again.
More Sears Kenmore Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- [Resolved] Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine - F1 error 
- Sears Brands - appliance repair service
- Sears Brands - refrigerator
- Sears Brands - refund for mattress purchase 
- Sears Brands - refrigerator 
- Sears Brands - samsung tv