[Resolved] Sears / Kenmore / customer service

1 FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-405-1653

Customer Service is the worst! Scheduled service call for my washer online last week. Called customer service 11/15/10 and spoke with employee id #532069 (did not catch her name the first time, but was able to get her id # after I had to place a 2nd call). I asked for the name of the authorized service company that would be handling the service call. In a very short and rude tone she informed me that even though the appointment has been assigned she would not give me the name of the company. She said I would have to wait until the day of the appointment to find out who will be coming out. I explained that I would not be at home and that I need to the leave the information for someone else. She was very short with her response and said that I would have to wait until someone contacts me the day of the scheduled appointment. I could not understand why she would not give me the information; after all, she indicated the appointment was already assigned to someone. She would not give me an opportunity to speak; she kept talking over me and refused to give me the requested information. I asked to speak to her manager. I was abruptly put on hold for 25 minutes. Needless to say, I hung up when she never came back to the call or was connected to a manager. I hit redial and spoke with Cary and explained the whole situation and that I wanted to speak to a manager. She asked why and I said I wanted to make the manager aware of the rude and uncooperative behavior that was exhibited by one of their customer service reps. She too, left me on hold for 25 minutes. I still have not received any answers to my questions. This has been an extremely frustrating experience. I will never purchase from Sears again and want to make others aware of the poor customer service.

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Nov 16, 2010

Dear npfl62,

My name is Scott and I'm part of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I found your post here and wanted to reach out to you to express my concern for your situation. I'm so sorry for the service & treatment you received when trying to find information regarding your service call. No matter whether in the store, online or over the phone, Sears has always stood for the highest levels of customer service and appreciation. Clearly we have disappointed you and we'd like to help so that we can make things right and restore your faith in Sears. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the item in question was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (npfl62) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.
    Social Media Support Team

Np

Comments

6th of Oct, 2009

Case# 2824201

I purchased a refridgerator about 5days ago and it already gave up on me. The cooler and freezer just stopped working out of nowhere, the food started to spoil. I called Sears on a Monday to see what can be done. I was told that the nex available day to get it repair would be until Friday. Now today, which is Tuesday I called to advised them that I couldn't wait that long. I have a 1yr that gets up in the middle of the night wanting his bottle, and how am I suppose to take care of my baby's need. They pretty much didn't care. I spoke to about 10 different people, I was constantly transfered from dept to dept. The 1st peron said that she would take care of an exch for me but then we got disconnected, she didn't bother to reach me back. The 2nd person said that she would call me back after speaking to the store, and I never got a call from her. The 3rd person said that the store should be contacting me. The 4rd person hung up on me and was very rude, he didn't even give me a chance to explain my situation, he just said no you can not get your exch any time sooner and hung up!. By the time I got to the 5th person, it was 5hrs later!!! I was tired of dealing with them. I had never purchased anything from Sears and now that I did, I truly regret it. I even offered to deliver the refridgerator back to the store myself as long as they would refund me my money back right away and they said it would take 7-10 business days before I got reimbursed.

These are the depts that I spoke with and no help was given to me!
    National Customer Relation
    Customer Solution
    Store Manager
    Corporate Office

• Da
      29th of Jul, 2010

I feel your pain...sounds very much like my own experiences with their "customer service" Dept over the last couple of weeks (w/o a refrigerator!). Hope you get yours resolved soon. My husband filed a complaint w/Consumer Affairs...you might consider doing the same. If everyone stays silent, they will continue these business practices. They SUCK!