[Resolved] Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine / f1 error

Eagle Pass, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 830-773-1780

I purchased both the Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and dryer set in August 2007. I began having problems with the dryer immediately. I t doesn't dry the clothes even on the heavy duty setting. A repairman came out and said that the vent coil was extremely sensitive and to make sure it wasn't twisted. Two months ago, the washer began displaying an F1 error message and won't wash the clothes. Now it happens several times during each wash cycle. I am very disappointed because I spent nearly $2000.00 on this set. If anyone has any knowledge of a class action lawsuit, please contact me. I discovered that the model # has a recall but when I called to tell them about the problem, they said that my serial # is not included in that recall. Please help.

• Resolution statement

• SearsCare's Response, Sep 21, 2009

To Sonia Flores,

I am sorry to hear about the problems with your washer/dryer. There are no class action lawsuits on the Oasis models and anything that is manufactured has the possibility of failure. Of course we want to make sure that any problems that arise can be taken care of for you. Since your phone number and email address are posted here, we are going to contact you by phone or email. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares escalations team. You can also contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com and we will look into this to see how we can get it resolved for you. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer/dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, please provide the screen name (Sonia Flores) used to post here for reference to this issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian J.
    Senior Case Manager
    Sears Cares

• SearsCare's Response, Apr 13, 2010

First allow me to apologize for the delay in finding this post. My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I’m terribly sorry that you’ve had this experience with us. Have you been having problems with both the washer and the dryer? There are times when problems are difficult to isolate, especially when they are intermittent and don’t show up when the tech is there. Now, to be clear, we are not the manufacturer, but simply the seller and the servicer, which means if the unit has problems we will provide service. Product quality issues should be referred to the manufacturer. Of course we need to fix the unit(s) once and for all. As for the service people working on your unit(s), yes they may work on more of your model, but that is simply because a popular item sells more and there are more out there. Law of averages dictates that they will work on more than others that weren’t so popular.
    I’m going to have one of my team contact you shortly so we can investigate how we can help you with this situation. We don’t want you to be frustrated.
    You can also contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com. In the email, please provide your contact phone number and the phone number the washer/dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Rowekeeper) used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian J.
    Senior Case Manager
    Sears Cares

• SearsCare's Response, Apr 25, 2011

Dear Langga,

My name is Misty with Sears Cares and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Langga) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Misty H.

• SearsCare's Response, Apr 26, 2011

Dear JCW3,

We are sorry to hear about the problems that you are experiencing with your washer. We can only imagine the frustration this has caused you. It is our goal to get your appliances to run properly when servicing and to exceed your expectations. This clearly has not been done for you and we would appreciate the opportunity to assist you. My name is Misty with Sears Cares and we’d like to step in and resolve this issue for you. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (JCW3) listed on your site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Misty H.

• SearsCare's Response, Jun 08, 2011

To MA Jewell,

My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and I am shocked by your story. We would like to know more about your situation so that we can get you the help you deserve. It makes absolutely no sense for finance charges to be added to an account with a zero balance. Regardless of the reason why the creditor (Citibank) would do this, Sears does not want to lose you as a valued customer. At your convenience, please contact our office at [protected]@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the appliances were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (MA Jewell) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

• SearsCare's Response, Jun 17, 2011

To MMSJ,

I'm sorry you are having this problem, both with your washer and with the Sears phone representatives. We would hate to lose you as a valued customer over this issue. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like to help resolve this problem with your washer. At your convenience, please contact our office at [protected]@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (MMSJ) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

• SearsCare's Response, Jun 25, 2011

To Sears Valued Customers,

I do apologize for the issues you are having with this washer that you purchased from Sears. It is our desire at Sears for our customers to be satisfied with your product and to return to Sears for all your appliance needs. Depending on the model number and the serial number, (which indicates when it was built at the manufacturer) you appliance may be included in a recall by the manufacturer, it may be included in a "service flash" (which in most cases would include a free repair including parts by the manufacturer), or your serial number might indicate that it is not covered by any type of recall at all. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like to help everyone having this issue. We will be happy to assist you in qualifying your machine for either replacement (by the manufacturer unless Sears has a service agreement with you) or for free repair under a "service flash" (also offered by the manufacturer). At your convenience, please contact our office at [protected]@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the appliance was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name that you used on this website (Elite Oasis victim, rnrnch, Tornosguy, Billsappington) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

• SearsCare's Response, Jun 28, 2011

To unhappySearsOasis,

I apologize for the trouble that you have had with this washer. We do appreciate your business and want to reach out and offer our assistance. As I explained, to the customers above you, the manufacturer of your appliance is responsible for recalling a defective product. A retailer, such as Sears, does not have that capability. Our goal, however, as it always has been, is for our customers to feel valued and to be 100% satisfied with their purchase. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact our office at [protected]@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (unhappySearsOasis) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

• SearsCare's Response, Feb 28, 2013

Lorraine Jacoby,

My name is Dee M with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. I would like to offer our sincere apologies for the problems you have encountered with your washing machine. We would like to help address the error code messages you are receiveing with you. At your convenience please contact our office via email at [protected]@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the code that I have assigned to you (Lorraine Jacoby) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Dee M
    Sears Social Media Support

Comments

• Me
      Oct 25, 2009

Hi Sonia,

I too get the same error message on the same washer. It does it about 5-6 times before each wash and then again 4-5 more times when it reaches the last 20 minutes. Sears gives me the run around to fix it because they want to charge me $75 to come look at it and $200 more dollars for warranty on which they cannot guarantee it will be fixed. I refused because it's not fair that should pay more for a reputable brand as well as a reputable place like Sears. Please let me know if you can what came of your issue so I too can do the same. Thank you.

Mercy Aguilar

• Ce
      Oct 31, 2009

Having the same EXACT issue.

Oct 31, 2009

Same issue for my washer! Purchased it in August 2006. Getting F1 error code for the last 2 weeks. Just called Sears and was told my extended warranty expired in August 2009, my luck. Sears wants to charge me $75 for a service call. I won't be buying any more Kenmore products. Spent well over $3000 when I moved on Sears appliances. Never again if I can't get this problem fixed immediately. And I will tell others!!! Hopefully someone from Sears will call me soon.

L. Sheppard
    757-484-0906

• Rl
      Nov 01, 2009

Well seems like this is a common issue. My Oasis washer, purchased June 2007 now has the same F1 error.
    Looks like a genetic defect.

Richie Longo
    949-233-1878

• Th
      Nov 16, 2009

I have the same issue with my Oasis Washer. It started a few weeks ago, getting the F1 error at the beginning of the cycle. It takes a few times to restart it to get it to run. Now it's starting to do it part way through the cycle.

I read at another site that there was a recall on the control board. Sorry I don't have the url, I'm trying to find the site again were I read about the recall. There was a LOT of useful information in that forum though.

I did call the Sears Recall Center today 1-800-659-7026. First talked with a regular first-line rep. She was very nice, but told me that no, there was no recall on the control board for the F1 error. I asked her to check again, the recall has been around for a couple of years. She said she talked to her supervisor and confirmed that there was no recall.

I asked to talk to the supervisor myself. He was also very nice, and nicely told me that there was no recall. We were both very nice, but I was persistent. :-) FINally, he asked me what the model number is. I told him, 110.27092602 and he admitted that yes there IS a recall for it. He asked for the Serial number, I told him CT3970222. He said, oh that serial number is out of the range of the washers that the control board recall applies to. I asked him to check the list again, since the range should be CT01 - CT49. Without checking anything, he said that that, uh... that range isn't valid anymore, and... uh... yah... on Aug 31 they changed the cutoff to CT35. Yah, that's it... uh... yah, they changed the range.

It seems like the Recall Center just tries as hard as they can to deny that there is any recall, and if you catch them on that, then they weasel out of it by saying that the serial number range is changed.

I'd be VERY interested to see what they say now if someone were to call in with a serial number between CT01 and CT35. Unfortunately, they look up your number, so I can't call back myself with a different serial number just to test them.

Yah, after we bought this washer, my wife and I vowed to NEVER buy an appliance from Sears again. It's just not worth it. Kenmore sure isn't what it used to be!

-Dan

• Th
      Nov 16, 2009

I found the url that I was looking for that has useful information about the control board recall:

So my "interesting" question is answered there. If you scroll down to Solution #19, this person has the same model as me, and her serial number is CT40. On September 12, she was told that hers does qualify for the recall.

So, I definitely did get the runaround from John at the Recall Center. It's clear that they're just stonewalling, if they tell one customer that their serial number qualifies and then tell another customer that they don't.

Note that the woman whose washer does qualify is even farther outside of "new range" than mine is.

Sears, you have definitely lost credibility.

• Pa
      Jan 31, 2010

I am also getting the F1 error. Have had noting but problems with this set since I purchased them. Sears products USED TO be excellent but not anymore. Will never buy anything from Sears ever again. Buyers beware do not buy this set, more problems then it is work, and repairs cost a fortune.

Pat

• Vf
      Feb 11, 2010

Thank you all for posting about the Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and dryer. I too am experiencing that dreadful F1 error message. It started a few months ago. I've also been able to manuever my way around it so far. I get the F1 code as soon as I hit Start and have to hit Stop and Start about 4 or 5 times to get it to really 'start'. A couple of times the machine has beeped when there were about 17 minutes left of washing time and the F1 code was there. Once again I hit Stop and Start and it resumed.

I purchased this set in October of 2006 and purchased the 3 year Sears Warranty as well. I have to say, I was very happy with both washer and dryer for about 2 1/2 years and then I was finding a small puddle of soapy water on the floor in front of the washing machine. I had my husband check all the hoses in the back of the machine to make sure we didn't spring a leak somewhere. Everything connection wise was fine.

I called Sears for service and a repairman came out within a few days. I too experienced the technician with 'laptop on lap and cell phone glued to his ear' service. It turned out the problem my washer was having was 2 part. First the tube that was connected to my bleach dispenser had a small slit in it causing the bleach to overflow inside the outer part of the machine and leak out onto my floor. The second part of the problem was a defective part totally. The large round plastic piece under the detergent dispenser/fabric softener dispenser/bleach dispenser was the 'old' piece. It had very narrow openings for the detergent, etc to flow into. The tech ordered a new large round dispenser piece and a new bleach hose and came back a few days later to fix the machine.

I kept both defective pieces just in case I need them for any class action lawsuits in the future.

When the tech first came to my home (laptop and cell phone in tow) I watched him service my machine to diagnose the problem. I was completly shocked and utterly disgusted at what I witnessed when he lifted up the top of my machine. There was sooooooo much RUST under my machine top because that bleach hose had sprung a leak. I wanted it replaced and I was told my the tech, his supervisor and someone named Ed or Jed at Sears Customer Service that RUST is not covered under any warranty. My husband was fuming when he heard this. When the tech came back to fix the 2 DEFECTIVE pieces, I took pictures of all that rust underneath the machine. My husband felt it was just a matter of time before that rust would end up ruining our clothing inside the machine. I have called Sears and written to Sears and all I've gotten is the same answer from everyone. That being RUST is not covered under their Warranty. I have told them that if their DEFECTIVE hose hadn't sprayed bleach all over the inside of my machine, then there wouldn't be any rust. They don't care; nor do they want to hear it.

I have never in my life been so disappointed in product and service. We have always purchased our appliances from Sears, but no more. This machine is the worst machine/appliance I have ever owned and Sears and it's service personel are not like they used to be at all. I really regret not geting a washer with agitator. I'm not sold on this agitatorless washing method. Do I think I am saving on water and electricity? Yes, I do, but that is the only thing I am sold on.

I will never shop at Sears again and I do urge all my family, friends, neighbors, coworkers at any opportunity I get to talk about this problem with not to shop there either.

A very DISAPPOINTED former Sears customer.

• Da
      Feb 12, 2010

Dear All.

I do have the same problem with my washer .(F1)
    I even change the inter valve and still will have the same problem.'
    I will be going to small claim court and sue the ken more as well as sears. we all can do this on line and it cost about 25.00 for filling fee and let them spend thousand of Dollars to defend themselves and it only 25.00 cost to and once we get to court room with all this similar complaint we have great chance of winning the case.

• Ro
      Apr 06, 2010

I have had my kenmore oasis he washer ans dryer in May '06 NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH IT. I have had a total of 10 services on both machines. i had a year break in service due to our stuff being in storage because my husband was deployed to afghanistan. So we get it out of storage and guess what...FAULT CODES on the dryer. i have also had many fault codes and the big plastic tub inside replaced. It has been a complete nightmare! I had an extended warranty for 3 years and i feel that if the problem isnt resolved and then your warranty runs out, it should be replaced or at least not have to pay for the damn service guy to come fix the problem that was NEVER FULLY FIXED. Im so upset right now about the way this whole thing has gone down. Im sorry to hear that others are going through this but also releaved im not the only one. I have always bought from sears and so has my entire family. I have decided from here in out to never purchase a thing from them. I have a husband in the Army and I have made it apoint at many meetings that we have to tell everyone I know about my terrible washer and dryer, how sears treated us, the extended warranty, and the no help service center. And the lemon department whom I contacted because the service guy that had to keep coming out to our house suggested it to us, he said, I hope you dont mind me saying this, but, this washer and dryer isnt worth your money, its defective. I also had another gentlemen (serive man) come out and tell me the same thing. AND today a new one said that he has worked on 3 of these today and they are crap! So what is Sears gonna do about all these people that have problems with these washers and dryers. Im ready to take action in getting sears to be responsible for this faulty product! Im disgusted and amazed that a company like sears can be so scandaless.
    Jennifer Rowe
    360-280-6133
    [protected]@yahoo.com.au

Apr 22, 2010

I just bought my kenmore Elite Oasis Washing machine in '08 and paid about 700.00 for it and for months now it has also been giving me the blues with repeated F1 codes. I contacted sears and they said that my warranty had recently expired and would come out for 75.00 for the first hour and parts would be extra. I feel that is outrageous, considering this is practically a brand new washer and everyone is having the same problem with it. I feel there should be a recall on this item. My old knob turning washer machine lasted me 10 years and was still working when I gave it away and "upgraded" to this. Please help, I feel scammed.

Sincerly, Tammy L.

[protected]@aol.com

Jul 17, 2010

I have the same issue with F1 coming up on my Kenmore Elite Oasis washer. It is apparently not covered under the recall for me, and Sears wants to charge me a fortune just to come look at it when everyone knows what the issue is! If Sears can't handle this, I will never be purchasing their products again, and will be advising everyone I know the same thing.

Jonathan

• Ro
      Jul 29, 2010

We bought the Kenmore Elite Oasis washer in August of 2007 and pruchased the Kenmore Elite Oasis dryer in September of 2008. Started having problems with the washer in March of 2009, soon after it was out of manufacturer's warrenty. Started with F1 error messages, washer would start/stop, fill up with water and shut off, became very erratic and would start and stop any time. Would even start with the top lid open and during the night without being turned on. By unpluging washer was the only way we could prevent it from starting on it own. Washer malfunctioned for about a month before I called for service, which took over 2 wks. before technician arrived. Said the circuit board was faulty and ordered another but ordered wrong one for our washer. Had to order another board after wrong one arrived. After the same technician installed it, the next day, washer started acting up again. Called for service and was told it would be another 2 wks. before a technician would arrive. Technician didn't arrive on appointed date. Had to call and complain. Another technician arrived days later. This technician stated that the main control circuit panel was causing the problem and ordered same. When new circuit board arrived, we contacted service to send technician to install board and requested that the first technician not be sent.

We had to get our cloths washed at a relative's because we were without a washer for over (3) months. We were extremely frustrated with Sears Customer Service over this matter. They appeared unconcerned that we paid $900.00 for this new style washer and were having so many problems with it. Then charging us so much money to get it repaired.

We are totally disgusted with this Sears washer. Our cloths do not come out clean. The whites are grayish and dingy. Many items have little holes or tears in them after being washed in this washer. In fact, my wife "HATES" this washer. We never had this kind of displeasure with other Sears washers or products that we owned in the past. We regrete we ever purchased this product from Sears. Sears used to sell 'high quality' items and always stood behind their products, but it seems they have forgotten what that means when it comes to their Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and dryer. We also experience malfunctions with our dryer. The timing sequence flucturates sometimes and the cloths don't get dry when it shuts down.

I have researched this washer and dryer on the internet and found numerous sites where people have come forth and voiced their displeasure over this washer and dryer. Last week I placed a request in with Consumers Reports in reference to conducting an investigation to expose the displeasure consumers have experienced with Sears line of Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and dryer. Also, to expose Sears Customer Service for it's negative response to the many complaints that customers have expressed concerning displeasure and complete disgust after purchasing and using this product line of washer and dryer.

Ronald B. Rossi
    [protected]@comocast.net

I have researched this particular

Aug 21, 2010

Same problem here.. very frustrating to say the least. Has "Brian" helped any of you?

Jackie
    [protected]@aol.com

Sep 03, 2010

I too am having the same problem with the Kenmore Elite Oasis washer giving an F1 error message and beeping. I purchased the Kenmore washer and dryer about 3 years ago--and so far, no problem with the dryer; however, I have been living with this F1 error and beeping on the washer for about 3 months now and it is getting old. I called the hotline number and was told to unplug the machine for one minute and Ihave tried that twice, but no luck in correcting the problem. If this is a known problem, then why didn't the rep say so and tell me how to handle it? Very frustrating indeed!
    Linda Englander
    [protected]@comcast.net

• Rc
      Sep 08, 2010

I have been getting this F1 error code off and on for over a year. Lately the code has been coming up cycle. I looked up on other forums and have seen that the control board was replaced to fix the issue. Deep into the one forum a person wrote to call Kenmore Service 800-659-7026. I called them and with my serial number starting with CT16 Model # 110.27086601 this is a recall and they are mailing me the part and scheduling the appointment with repairman later this month. She didn't even ask what my problem was with the washer before she asked for my address. Hopefully this fixes the issue for us.

Rich Phillis
    [protected]@msn.com

• Fe
      Sep 09, 2010

I live in PR and look like the problem of F1 code is around the world and nobody want to be responsible for the problem. Sears wash their hands and only want money to resolve your problem.
    Fernando
    (939) 644-3897
    Puerto Rico

• Fe
      Sep 09, 2010

I agree 100 % with complaints. Now we need somebody to let us know what to do. Or to help us. Kenmore is responsible for repair the machine.

• Tr
      Sep 14, 2010

we have had nothing but problems with the washer and dryer from sears. Please BEWARE of having any small coins in your pockets before doing your laundry!! we had a penny that caused a huge flood in our house and under our brand new carpet, that had to be replaced. its pretty bad something as stupid as a penny or dime can make a washing machine go crazy and break. and as for running quietly it use to when we got this machine now it sounds like a damn jet is going off in our laundry room. very disgusted with sears and will never buy another washer or dryer from them ever again!!
    tonya goad
    rensselaer, IN

• Ba
      Sep 20, 2010

Reading all these makes me sick! We just bought a 2009 Elite Oasis (6mos old) from the Craig's list. Couple moved to TX from CA. Rented a house with elect. connections. They needed to sell because of the exp. to convert to gas. They said they never had any problems w. it. We got the set for $800. I suppose all these reviews are on the pre-2009 models.

• Kg
      Oct 03, 2010

Wow, I told my wife the washer and dryer set was pieces of dung! We have had nothing but problems since we bought our Oasis set in 2007. We are also getting the error code F1on the washer. It starts at the beginning of the wash cycle then somewhere in the middle again. We have to stay near it and hit the stop button then the start button again until it finally starts working.

Charles Vaught
    Roanoke Rapids, NC

• Ka
      Oct 09, 2010

Just started gettin the F1 error and I read the post about calling the product resolution line at 800-659-7026. I called them and with my serial number starting with CT adn Model # and found that my washer was covered under the recall. They are mailing me the part and and scheduling the appointment with repairman later this month. I hope this works!

Kathy

• Mo
      Oct 11, 2010

We have had the same problem our machine is a 2007 and it started doing this a few months ago. My husband got on the net to find out what a code F1 meant and found all the complaints about this washing machine. He called customer service and was at first given the whole we need x amount of dollars to come fix it and it will be more if there is a problem oh an by the way you are out of warranty do you want to purchase one. He then told them about all the complaints and suddenly their computers showed a flag for our washing machine. Fortunately they said it was going to be no charge for us regardless that we were out of warranty. The repair man came today and argued about my machine being out of warranty and that this is usually a paid repair and he had no idea why we were getting it done for free. He made me extremely upset. He was very rude and I didn't need to hear his opinion on the matter. I just wanted to do an entire load of laundry without having to babysit my washing machine. I am surprised that Sears doesn't stand behind their products. This isn't an issue where we broke or damaged the machine ourselves. It is a faulty product that they put on the market. Regardless of it being in warranty Sears knows that it is an issue and should be replacing them all at no cost.

• Mj
      Oct 12, 2010

Purchased the Kenmore Elite Oasis set in December of 2006, ran pretty well up until last evening when my wife asked me to come in and take a look at the control board. The digital timer was going up then down randomly and the buttons were cycling through all the different options. I was going to call Sears (no warranty) but started to to a bit of research on this washer. Through these nightmare stories I believe I have 2 options that will keep me sane. #1 purchase a new board for a hair under $200 and replace myself since Sears will charge you $130 in my area just to walk in your door (and hope I made the right decision or I buy more parts and chase my tail). #2. Spare the grief call it a wash (yes it is a pun) and move on to a more reputable brand of washer. I am frustrated that I spent almost 1k on this washer for a bunch of bells and whistles that we do not even use.. Long and short I need a washer that cleans clothes I really do not care about how many different modes it has I mean seriously what do we need them all for. Oh and the 5.0 cubic feed of space does not matter because the dryer CANNOT dry it all at one time LOL.. I find that funny personally. I have to say I am not as frustrated YET since I have not bothered to call for repair and hear all the BS when the repair guy shows up with parts cost, availability etc. So I think after reading all the posts I will go out today on lunch and buy a new highly rated washer that has the longest FREE warranty I can find. Good luck to you all I will be parting out my washer on ebay if anyone needs anything look it up in a week or so minus the electronics of course:)) STUPID KENMORE!

• Am
      Oct 25, 2010

Just wanted to join in on the fun of the “F1″ crap!!! Washing my load right now and have had to get up so far 4 times because my washer is beeping “F1″ and it has been doing this for about 8 months now, it is out of warranty and I refuse to put in anymore money on this crappy washer for a [censored] Sears guy to come and try and figure out what is wrong with it just to have them come back in two more months because it still isn’t fixed and charge me $300 more dollars. I HATE THIS WASHER!!! Never, ever again will I EVER buy a washer and dryer from Sears they have nothing but CRAP!!! Words of wisdom to anyone, if you want to exercise and do laundry at the same time, just buy the Kenmore Elite Oasis washer you are sure to get up at least 4/5 times having to press stop and start to get rid of the F1 while trying to do a load of laudry and if you have about 5 loads imagine all the exercise you get!!!

Anyone here posting complaints an attorney? Sounds like we need someone with a BAR # to start a class action suit to this!!! I can't believe how many stories there are regarding the SAME problem!!! I have been to about 8 different websites reading hundreds of the same complaints as this one! How can this problem still be going on and nothing to be done about it??????!!!

• Lu
      Nov 04, 2010

Yes i do have same problem with my washer, i bought in May 2008 but i am dealing with this problem for like 8 months now. I called SEARS and they want to send a repair specialist and charge me for this like over $200.00 depends what they will find out. Look like we need to do something because this is common problem for this brand.
    Kenmore Company must do something for us is not cheap washer and we dealing with this problem because this brand was build wrong.

• En
      Nov 09, 2010

Joining the F1 error GROUPPPPP complaining about the CRAPPY KENMORE ELITE OASIS, , it sems as ALL THESE OASIS ELITE KENMORE MACHINES have the same problem and is a DISEASE SPREAD ALL OVER WHERE SEARS EXISTS.. My Model # 11027062603 serial # CU 3870142 Board #W10130544a .. been getting F1 message for the past 5 moths, , no extended guarantee, and too much money for Sears to come and check to repair.. 2yrs old .. IT IS THE WORST PIECE . ... LETS MAKE PEOPLE AWARE OF THIS MONEY WASTE AND STOP BUYING FROM SEARS, Called the product resolution and told me MY MODEL IS NOT ON RECALL.. i believe all these machines have the same ISSUE and they r just changing the model and series to keep taking people as FOOLSSSSSSS:. Ena from Puerto Rico

• Mj
      Nov 10, 2010

Ok so here is the revision to my rant from above. After talking over the options in my head I decided to take my chances and call the Sears Repair line. I vaguely recalled receiving a letter in the Summer regarding replacing the electronics board but you had to respond within 30 days (lost the letter) I called the "hotline" spoke to a woman on the phone told her I received the recall letter, she asked for my Model and Serial# about 5 seconds later she told me there would be a part arriving via UPS and she was setting up a warranty exchange on the part. 2 weeks later the repairman showed up - no song and dance - no extras - put in the new part and I signed for a $0.00 invoice. Next day the control board had a button that was sticking on it so I could no longer select a wash temp. Called Sears, setup appt. Came out within 5 days (my choice), he diagnosed the problem part was $117 Plus labor - To my surprise the repair technician came in and stated that he had seen the mother board take out other components in the past so they are replacing that part as well at no cost. I have nothing but VERY GOOD things to say about how I personally was treated by Sears. They will continue to get my business. I would urge any of you with this same situation to call the 800-424-2047 to see if your model would qualify for this "recall" on the mother board.. I did as stated receive a letter regarding the known issue and they gave me no runaround or grief whatsoever. I was prepared for the worst after reading all of these posts but was surprised to what extent they went to repair my out of warranty parts in my washer.

• Kw
      Nov 11, 2010

I am on the phone with sears right now regarding the same issue!! My washer is from 2006 and I did recive a letter sayong there was a recall but lost track of the letter...now there saying there is no recall on my model...urgh...I think there needs to be a law suit if threr are this many ppl with the same exact issue!! I just don't know where to even begin with somethis like that. My washer has been doing this for about 2 weeks now

• Kw
      Nov 11, 2010

So after a run around I finally got a hold of someone who said my washer has the recalled part...its in the mail and there coming to fix it no charge...I sugest to every one to call sears untill u get the issue resolved...if they still won't fix it tell them your lawyer will be in contact maybe that will make them fix it!! Good luck!!

Nov 20, 2010

OH YES the F1 nightmare! Same story here but I bought mine in 07 and I was told my a local Maytag company that my washer was under recall so THEY COULD NOT WORK ON MY MACHINE OR IT WOULD VOID THE RECALL so then he gave me the number to sears service and said that they could help me..ya OK... I was also told that the part that makes the F 1 pop up every so many minutes
    is over 250 bucks. I am disabled and trying to care for 3 grandparents in their 80s! I have to go up and down several stairs several times per load with bad knees and feet and a bad ankle! I have many loads a week and cant go to the laundry mat because I couldn't carrry that much and most days I can't drive. I have muscle and joint disease and NO HELP! ANYWAY... I had to pay the guy that came out 66.00 for no work. I had called sears and they said it was on recall also then they gave me another number to call and then they gave me yet another # to call and then a lady came on and said that my washer was NOT ON RECALL. WHAT???? YES IT IS.
    So now they are sending sears repair out and IF IT IS NOT ON RECALL I WILL HAVE TO PAY SEARS THE 75.00 for coming out plus by the time everything would be said and done it would cost over 500.0o to fix my 900.00 washer!!! By the way the last lady I spoke to at SEARS HUNG UP ON ME!! I was not being rude to her, but hell yes I was frustrated I meen who wouldn't be!!??
    I had also baught a stove from Sears the month of Thanksgiving... a NICE MAYTAG. TWO NIGHTS B 4 TURKEY DINNER THE STOVE WENT OUT!! THEY WANTED TO FIX IT AND I SAID HELL NO I WANT WHAT I PAID FOR...A STOVE THAT WORKS AND ONCE SOMETHING GOES WRONG WITH AN APPLIANCE, NORMALY OTHER THINGS GO WRONG NEXT SO THEY GAVE ME A NEW STOVE. NOW I WANT A NEW WASHER FOR GOD'S SAKE MINE IS ONLY 3 YRS OLD!!! I cant afford to fix it OR replace it myself . Disabled folks dont get paid much!!! My dryer also doesnt dry right. NOT even on heavy duty. Its costing a fortune to dry our clothes and SEVERE PAIN UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS > I am on morphine for pain throughout my entire body and not even that helps me on wash days! I sure hope things get better here/ I WILL POST WHAT THE OUT COME IS. Oh one more thing... the repair man scratched the crap out of my washer in two places when there wasnt a scratch on it to begin with. Even though I watched him and told him he was scratching it he said NO I didnt that is rust... NOPE NO RUST THERE JUST MISSING PAINT!!! NO RUST ANYWHERE!! YOU GOTTA WATCH YOUR REPAIR MAN WHEN HE IS THERE!!! TAKE THAT ADVICE and I wish the best to all of you with your F1 NIGHTMARES!

• Co
      Dec 17, 2010

Yes the Kenmore Elite Oasis is crap!! But what is worse... is the lack of service one gets from Sears. In 2006 we remodeled our kitchen and bought all new appliances a Sears, including our washer & dryer. Thinking that Sears was the best and most reliable store and because of the great reputation of the Kenmore Brand has had for generations... we chose to make our large purchase at Sears. Well that reputation is no longer true... like they say..."They don't make things like they use to"... Well Sears isn't what they were either!! We purchased the appliances along with a 5 year extended warranty on each of them. That alone was thousands of dollars on 11 appliances!! So the warranty is still in effect... but I called so many times to have my washer fixed it's pathetic. The last tech was very honest with me and told me that Sears extended warranty customers DO NOT GET NEW PARTS... THEY GET REFURBISHED OR REBUILT PARTS. ONLY CUSTOMERS THAT ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR THE REPAIR - NOT UNDER WARRANTY PLAN - GET THE NEW PARTS!!! Well guess what... when you are lucky enough to get someone out to your home to finally repair the appliance... you are getting an old part!! Shortly after it's "FIXED"... you start having the same problem... because they are just passing around the same crappy parts they took out of someone elses machine. SO HERE IS THE THING... DON"T PURCHASE ANY EXTENDED WARRANTY... THAT 'S WHERE THEY ARE MAKING THEIR MONEY. I will NEVER again buy at SEARS... and I will not pay for an extended warranty again!! Learned my lesson... been there... done that. Good luck you guys!!

Dec 22, 2010

Its funny reading everyones complain and it appears that Saers does not want to step up. Well I have news for you Sears, you messed withh the wrong person.
    Now its my turn to get back at you for the nightmare you and the WASHER HAS CAUSED ME.. THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING!!! Its sas cause I was composing this email as I was on the phone with a representative from Sears this morning. I specifically told her how urgent it was that she get a Supervisor on the phone because I was ready to click submit on my letter to Seven on your Side.. Sure enough she put me on hold FOR 40 MINUTES to come back and say one wasnt available. Are you serious??? After I told her I was going to click on send unless she got a Supervisor on the phone for me?? She must have thought I was joking! QWELL HERE IS THE RESPONSE FROM Seven on your Side.. WATCH OUT SEARS.. I GAVE YOU PLENTY OF CHANCES REGARDLESS OF THE 3 NO SHOWS AND NO PHONE CALLS back to me!!
    Dear ABC7 Viewer, Thank you for contacting 7 On Your Side at ABC7 News in the SanFrancisco Bay Area. We appreciate you taking the time to share yourexperience with us. Because we read and respond to each and everyemail, it may take a couple of days for us to research and get back toyou. If we can assist you with your consumer complaint it may take upto three weeks. We appreciate your patience and will reply to you asquickly as possible. If you have written to us from outside the Bay Area, you shouldcontact the 7 On Your Side team in your area for assistance. We haveincluded a list of other stations with consumer teams which may beable to help. Thanks again for writing and for watching ABC7 News and 7 On Your Side. 7 ON YOUR SIDE STATIONS OUTSIDE THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA:

Dec 27, 2010

I too bought a Kenmore Oasis Washing machine and Dryer about 3 years ago, I have been getting that same F1 code for about 4 months. I am horrified at seeing all these complaints, for some strange reason I thought I was in the few with this situation, but oh was I wrong. There has to be something we can do enough is enough. Like us I am sure there are lots more people out there that are having the same problem with their machines. If there is a lawyer out there that can help us.

Violet
    taurovhh#yahoo.com

• Wa
      Jan 02, 2011

I too just began receiving the F1 code on my Elite Oasis washer...not happy about the dismal record of Sears dealing with an obviously defective product...

• Wa
      Jan 02, 2011

Also... have they actually fixed the problem in the replacement board, or might we experience the same problem again down the road??

Jan 17, 2011

I too am having the same F1 error code on our Kenmore Elite Oasis washer. The device was purchased in 2006 and when I contacted service they are saying we don't have any warranty on the unit. I am very frustrated as our last washer lasted us over 12 years before we ran into any issues. I have been told that it will cost us $129 just to have a technician come out to tell us what is wrong and then the technician will provide an estimate on whatever cost it would be to fix the problem. When asked about a recall on this device, I was told there is no recall.
    Very unhappy Kenmore user.

Jan 18, 2011

I contacted Sears directly today instead of using their online chat. Much more helpful. I was transferred to their Recall Line 800-659-7026 and was told that my unit was recalled for this error code and they ordered the part, a new controller board, and scheduled a technician to come out in 2 weeks. My serial number began with CT42 so thought they would give me a hard time but not a problem. Just hope this actually will fix the problem and not create anymore. Satisfied for now.

• Mo
      Feb 09, 2011

Same thing here that dang f-1 code! Had to get motor replaced last year day after that started th f-1 code and they wanted to charge me another service fee and the set is only two yrs old... ugghhhh! If any one knows of or if a class action gets filed I am in!
    Melissa Moore
    [protected]@hotmail.com

• Lu
      Mar 07, 2011

I agree this kenmore elite smartwash are pure garbage