Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis He Washer / it will not get clothes clean

United States, Tennessee, Clarksville Review updated:
Phone: 931-648-1314
I bought or my son bought for me as a gift, this washer and dryer in 2007. It has been serviced 2 times and it still will not get anything clean. It never has and I've tried everything to get my clothes clean. I am so disgusted with this washer, I'm going to buy another washer, as Sears does not know how to repair it or...the washer is obviously a lemon. I've heard so many talk about this machine as well. I am not believing I have to wash clothes at least 3 times, with minimal loads of clothing, to even get them to look clean. I don't over use the HE detergent, which I think does not clean anything. I have always purchased all appliances at Sears but, this just does it for me, as they could care less that I NOW have to go to a laundry mat to get my clothes clean. I think you should take this washer off the market and try to keep customers of 30 + years, such as myself. I have told everyone about it and that you would not or could not repair it. I can not believe that my son paid so much for the washer and dryer and it has let me down so bad that I've only mentioned it once. They do know not to buy one, which they were looking at buying one for themselves...not now. You should stand behind your products as you once did in the past. You have really let me down and I don't like going to a laundry mat when I have such an expensive washer as this washer is. You should be ashame of yourself for not being able to repair or exchange, even for a cheaper washer, instead of this piece of machine.

A  20th of Sep, 2009 by
I just bought the Kenmore Elite Smartwash this summer (washer and dryer) from SEARS as well, and I CANNOT get the clothes to smell clean for the life of me! I also get the musty smell that was mentioned. Even when I use 3 dryer sheets, the clothes smell like nothing, if not musty. So, now I'm washing very small loads, leaving the washer door open between loads, and using 3 dryer sheets, and I can barely smell freshness. What a RIPOFF! My old top-loader could be filled to the rim and everything was clean and smelled awesome! There needs to be a class action suit. Oh, and the installers ruined my stair banister while installing. What a joke, SEARS!!!