Sears / Kenmore Elite Electric Built - In Oven / Condensation between the glass on oven door
My complaint is "condensation in between the glass on the top oven door" on the brand new Kenmore Elite Electric Built-in Double Oven (Model No. 790.[protected]), that is 7 months old. I noticed the condensation on the top oven door around November 2010. The oven was purchased on 04/26/10. This is enough condensation that the water will drip down creating water streaks in between the glass and viewing cooking is hindered.
On 11/26/10 I had a technician (Antonio; Tech #719013) out to my house from 1-800-4-MY-HOME to resolve this defect since the oven is still under warranty. He told me that there was nothing he could do except take the door apart and clean it, which he would have to charge me for, because this is not covered under the warranty. He told me this was a cosmetic problem. I would have had to pay over $100.00 to have him clean it and with every time I cook it would just happen again and again. Needless to say I was very unhappy that he would not resolve this defect in my oven that is still under warranty and is not just a cosmetic problem. I ended up having to ask the technician to leave my home and was very upset. I then went to the store I purchased the oven and talked with the manager, who also could not believe that Sears would not stand behind this product either.
This is not just a cosmetic problem. The glass on an oven door is there for viewing food while it is baking, which is why they put it on the door, and if during the baking you cannot view the food at all then that function of the oven is not working properly. If I had wanted an oven without a window, I would have purchased that style. Being able to see the food while it is cooking and not having to open the door is a very important function in the cooking process. Also, I was told by a reliable source that the water will eventually collect, rust and corrode the door of the oven in time. This is a defect in this oven door and Sears should fix it, replace it and resolve with no questions asked.
More Sears / Kenmore Elite Electric Built - In Oven Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands - dishwasher repair
- Sears Brands - repair service
- Sears Brands - kenmore elite refrigerator
- Sears Brands - contractors
- Sears - master plan protection agreement