Sears Kenmore / clothes washer

Friendship, WI, United States Review updated:

Purchased washer and dryer set in June 2017, in the beginning of October it sprung a leak. I called Sears repair and could not get anyone to come out to look at it to determine what the problem was. More than 10 days later a repairman arrived and found the outer drum had a hole in it. Parts were ordered and new date set 7 days later to rebuild the clothes washer. The day before the repairman was to arrive, I received a call that the repairman was sick all week and would not be able to arrive on the date scheduled. He would call to reschedule on Friday, that never happened. So now I have a washer I can not use for 3 weeks with no idea when it will be fixed. The parts ordered were a gasket and replacement drum which only the gasket showed up. I understand things break down but not after 3 months, and repair is slow or non-existent, apparently they only have 1 guy that works to not have anyone else come out to repair the appliance. I am very disappointed with quality and service.

Da
Oct 28, 2017

Comments

• Sh
      Oct 29, 2017

I wouldn't disagree how frustrating that may seem. Unfortunately, appliances can break down within a few months. The service center should be more on the ball than this though. Exactly which models did you purchase?

I'd assume you've been made aware of the current issues of Sears/Kenmore as they are now on the brink of liquidation and going entirely out of business. I believe the process has just been completed in the Canadian territories. You do want to move quickly on the service because of this however. You don't want to be stuck with a broken device with no one to support it.