Sears Home Services / excessive service charges
Today, October 6, 2008, I had my Frididaire dishwasher repaired by Sears Home Services (Sears service order #:[protected]). While the repair technician was on-time and courteous, I am absolutely livid about the $179.00 charge for essentially unplugging the drain hose. The time spent in my home was less than one hour and no parts were required. I expected the charge to be the $65.00 minimum house call fee, assuming that was the hourly rate. I was not quoted the total charge before completion of the work. I have had similar work done by a local firm within the last 2-years at another house and that charge was $75.00. The Sears technician stated that this is the Sears-mandated charge based on the service requested code. According to him, the cost has nothing to do with the time needed to make the repair.
This has done it for me with anything associated with Sears. I mean service, the retail stores, the tools/appliances (which I buy a lot), and the automotive store. I am through! Price gouging of this sort means Sears cares nothing about its customers.
More Sears Home Services Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands - Repair Services is a nightmare
- Sears Outlet - refrigerator
- Sears Brands - ge dryer
- Sears Brands - kenmore refrigerator
- Sears Brands - customer support