Sears Hardware / prices, gouging

Syracuse Westvale store, NY, United States Review updated:

I went to the Sears hardware to get vacuum cleaner bags for my Kenmore vac as well as the 4x6 inch Hepa filter. I noted the bags were 3 for $6, that is $2 apiece. I had seen them online at vacuuminc.com in bags of 10 for 9.99 which is $1 each or half the price. But I needed the bags that day. While I was at it, I saw my Hepa filter on the peg for 9.99. So I take my filter and bags up to the cash register and the total was 28 bucks and some change. I said that;s not right. The clerk said that the filter was 19.99 not 9.99. She sent another clerk back and he brought a hook up with the filters and it said 19.99. Not to be out done, I walked back there and found the hook (full of the same filters) that said 9.99. They simply did not care!!! Granted that someone evidently filled the wrong hood with my filters, but SINCE WHEN DOES A PART THAT TAKES 29 CENTS TO MAKE COST 20 BUCKS!! So I told them they could keep their filters. I went online, ordered 10 bags and 1 filter for less than the cost of one of their filters in the store. THEY SHOULD CLOSE THEIR DOORS IF THAT IS THEIR PRICING POLICY. FLEECE THE PUBLIC AND BUSINESS BE DAMNED. From now on I order online. No more Sears.

Ma

Comments

4th of Apr, 2012

Was the item number on the 9.99 hook the correct one for the filter? Just wondering, but even if it wasn't, if the 9.99 hook was filled completely with the wrong item they should have let you have it for that price. If you know the bags are cheaper online, why don't you just get them from there?

• Aa
      5th of Apr, 2012

Dear ManOMan,

My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. Please accept our apologies for the bad customer service you received. I can see how this type of experience would be discouraging for a loyal customer. We would like to say we do value you as a Sears’s customer, and would like to look further into this.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number, and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name ManOMan you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

• Pe
      10th of Nov, 2012

Many states have a law in place for this very reason. If a item is marked correctly with e correct identification numbers at a lower price, it must be sold at that price. Consumers, check your states' consumer rights laws and shop smart.