Sears Auto Center / bad service resulting in blown engine

Florence, KY, United States Review updated:
3.75
I trusted Sears auto center with my Jeep. I first went in for general maitenence and tires. Was pleased with friendly service so I went back when I noticed antifreeze leakage. They told me I needed a new radiator so I agreed. Days after they installed a new radiator my Jeep over heated and busted while driving 85 miles an hour on the freeway. This caused my engine to blow. I now need a new engine and they will only reimburse me for the money I spent for service. BEWARE OF ALL SEARS AUTO CENTERS!!! They apparently do not invest in proper training of thier techs!!
Jo

Comments

Ba
  17th of Dec, 2008
I would certainly take them to small claims court as the are directly responsible for your blown engine.
Ng
  13th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
It's more likely that the engine was damaged while the coolant was low and not protecting it. also, when the coolant gets older, it doesn't hold up its properties and won't protect the engine from overheating, or freezing, this is also probably what caused the radiator crack, and in turn allowed the engine to be damaged by overheating. please do not blame the person who tries to help you for your ignorance. Talk to a mechanic and you will be told the same exact thing that I am saying right now.
Wh
  16th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree with the previous poster, if you were leaking coolant previously, more than likely the internal damage to engine (Head Gasket) had already occured.
Sears could not have noticed this and would have assumed a radiator was all that was needed.
Customers need to be truthful in explaining problems and symptoms to their repair facility.
Many customers withhold information out of fear it will cost more. Actually the opposite is true. In this instance the radiator labor may have been totally or partially offset by the headgasket labor, plus the towing service after the fact. Had this technician had the correct information from the customer, this problem could have been handled correctly the first visit!
Li
  9th of Sep, 2009
I must agree with the two previous posts. Why do consumers blame those who most recently tried to help? I think it would be safe to conclude you are also a customer who would have blamed the quick lube place that changed your oil 4, 000 miles ago for a vehicle currently with no oil and internal engine problems...
Mo
  10th of Sep, 2009
AMEN BROTHERS... why doesnt the surgeon who operated on the lungs of a cancer patient get blamed for the death a short while later???? It was the smoking for decades... same situation in my oppinion. I apolagize for the morbidity in my analogy.
Mo
  10th of Sep, 2009
I forgot to add to my previous post that I am a tech at a sears auto center, and these are my oppinions and do not represent the veiws and oppinions of SEARS HOLDINGS CORPORATION.

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands