Sears / bad product, bad service

1 100E. 41st StreetAustin, TX, United States Review updated:

My Husband bought a CompuCarve system which is a wood carving system for $2, 000.00. We got it home, set it up and it didn't work. I bought the extra warranty coverage. Sears told me they could send someone to fix it, but the soonest they could do this was 4 weeks away, but if I wanted to bring it into a Sears repair center it would be repaired immediately. I brought it in on April 30th. I have not heard from them since. I called the number Sears gave me and when I inquired about the machine they hung up on me four different times. I called back on the 5th time and spoke to someone who told me they were having trouble getting a part. I found out the people from Sears I was talking to were not even located in Austin. I wanted to talk to the local Sears repair center and they told me they would call in an hour. They called me 5 days later. The woman from Sears couldn't tell me anything accept that I couldn't get a new machine and would have to wait to get the nonworking machine repaired. After another week and a half I went to the Sears repair center to see why I hadn't heard from them yet. I spoke with the manager of that department. He told me that it wouldn't be ready for another 2 to 3 weeks, that I should have returned it for a new machine, but it was to late for that now. I was very upset and went to look for Sears administrative offices. The only office I found was the HR office. I went in and there wasn't anyone in there. There were several offices, all of them were empty. I found a poster on the wall with a picture of the manager of that particular Sears store. There was a telephone number. I have since tried to call that number like the poster suggested, but there is no answer, and I have called around 20 times. This is a problem that has been on going for almost 2 months with no end in sight. Plus we are out $2, 000.00.

Va

Comments

8th of Aug, 2008

I have the same Sears Repair service problem. My frontload washer broke. It was leaking water, called Sears Repair service and they came out, looked at the washer and said it needs to replace the hose. He broke the clap so he replaced a new one…charged us $20. He continued to say if you want to do it yourself, you have to pay me $70 for just being here. We decided that since he’s there to just go ahead and fix the darn thing. We have been without the washer close to 1 a week already. After he replaced the hose, he tested out, noticed water flushed out like some part was missing and when he checked the front he noticed the water pump broke(a big punctured hole, we believed he punctured it himself). My brother said it was not there before but to get our washer fix, we just let him order the part. He said it will not be ready for 9 days. So appt is between 1-5. Tech called my cell to see if anyone’s home. I had my family member stay home the entire day to wait. he called again at 4pm and i missed him by 2 mins, I called the tech back at 4:02pm, he turned his cell phone off. I called the Service Center, the rep said he will page the tech. No one showed up. I called again and the rep said she nothing available tomorrow but will try to get tech anyways. Friday came I called since no one showed up, the rep said oh it’s for August 13 next week. At this point I already spent $390 and my washer is still broken, I want my money back, ask to speak to supervisor, the chick had me on hold for 30mins and NO SUPERVISOR. so I used another phone to call and the other rep put me on hold for another 15mins until I gave up. I swear I will never put my foot inside sears again.