SBI Credit Cards / mental torture after payment

1 India Review updated:

Hi! This is a totally disgruntled guy here who has suffered a lot after having paid all my dues to the worst credit card company I have come across-sbi cards and the worst set of people working for it. I have cleared my payment in the month of august 2005 and after all these years they send people home asking for a settlement. I hold cards of all major companies for the past 15 years and this has by far been the worst experience in this regard. I would request people to be careful when you are applying for a card from sbi becoz initially they are very sweet to you later they take the life out of you and your family.

Comments

• Na
      23rd of Jan, 2008

In response to your Advocate Notice vide no. QL/150/JAN/08/9735 dated 01/08/2008 I would like to bring down various concerns into your kind notice regarding the outstanding dues against my Credit Card No. 4317575705927136 which has been communicated many times through your Helpline as well as made it clear when received the call from your office:
    (1) I possessed the card on Oct’06.
    (2) Till March’07 Statement, the account was clear as all the payments were made on time.
    (3) The purchase worth Rs.180 made on 11/03/2007 which was projected on April’07 statement got delayed as I was on tour. The due date was on 26/04/2007.I received the call from your collection agency on around 1st week of May’07 regarding due payment and mentioned that failing which the interest charges will be levied on the same. I paid Rs.190 (Projected on June statement) on the very next day which was collected by one of their lad.
    To the surprise of mine the interest charges of Rs.712.25 were levied on the transactions of worth Rs.29569.00 made in between 11/04/2007 to 22/04/07 although the due date of that cycle was 26/05/2007.
    After receiving the statement of May’07 I called your Help Line cell for the clarification of such interest charge and since she was also not clear of the same she got it cleared with her senior and informed me. The moment I knew these reprehensible charges I blocked my card immediately as I didn’t want to use such card where the facts were being concealed to the end user and later trying to en-cash the un-ethical charges.
    I have following concerns which need to address in the direction to get the outcome:
    # Such charges were concealed at the time of collecting the documents and were being informed that the interest will be charged only on the outstanding dues.
    # Had been I defaulter my Principal Amount would not be zero. The entire amount projected in your statements is of Cumulative Interest only and there is no single rupee liability on me of SBI.
    # If my intentions were being wrong I would not blocked the card and might used it abruptly without paying a single penny.
    # Though repeated reminders and asking for the proper justification I could not able to get the proper and satisfactory response from SBI.
    # Even your Helpline Cell was not aware about these charges, how could you assume that customer would know about such hidden charges which are quite ridiculous and outrageous.
    I was always being a regular payer before this issue and I condemn paying such hefty amount just for the heck of the delay payment of Rs.180.If I will not get proper or satisfactory response from you I shall be bound to go to the court for the harassment and misconduct by you.
    I hope for a professional and appropriate response from your side to close this issue ASAP.

Regards,