SBI Credit Card / very harsh and unhelpful customer service!

1 India Review updated:

The customer service has been very harsh and has not been helpful. They are rude and often end up giving wrong information to the clients. For eg. I dropped a cheque in one of their ATM in Bangalore and the amount was not deducted from the statement. When I checked with the customer service they told me that they don't pick up the cheques from the ATM. Immediately I issued a fresh cheque and made the payment but my previous cheque which the bank promised me that wont be picked up was also used. And when I call the bank they say that they cant help it. There were several other incidents like this.

Comments

• Vi
      19th of Mar, 2007

I have been applying for SBI credit card online, several times, and their customer care never contacted me. Very poor service!

• Um
      23rd of Mar, 2007

I am using my company mobile and the same was used previously by someone else who has not paid the credit card payment for SBI. Their call centre guys are calling me every day for the past 1 month asking for that guy who has left the organization and we have no trace of him. I have explained this to everybody who is calling from SBI call centre patiently but again they call. I told them i will lodge a complaint and they laughed at it and said that "you can expect a call in another 10 minutes again".. I have never heard any credit card companies use this kind of language and behavior other than SBI.

• Vi
      12th of Apr, 2007

Last 4 yrs ,I am using my ICICI credit card. I didn’t face any problem with ICICI still now. 4 months back only I got your SBI cards, Throuh SBI Cards representative. From day 1, I am facing lot of problem. Like(name misspent, Date of birth error, statement missing, unable to log call, unable to register in https://www.sbicard.com due to date of birth mismatch)

Without my acceptance and sign, SBI card has charged Rs.3583 for some SBI Life SuperSuraksha (Prem&Admn Fee)..

I didn’t sign anything for this insurance .I didn’t get the statement also.

One day some guy call me on my mobile and asked me to pay that balance, I have shocked. I called customer care lot of time .I didn't get connection.

After long try I got connection on 27th Jan. Through customer care guy only ,I come to know ,I have charged for SuperSuraksha. I told him, I didn't received any statement from SBI for the statement of DEC and NOV. That day I asked him, with out my sign and knowledge, how can you charged Rs.3583.

Your customer care repetitive accepted my point and he told this mistake happened in SBI card.

He told me that, he will place request to cancel that insurance.He request me to pay the min Amount. So I paid the min amount. (That month I have purchased around Rs500.). I apind Min amount Rs750

He told me that, SBI card representative will contact me with in a week. Still now, I didn't get any call from your SBI CARD regarding this. I tried lot of time, I didn't get connect your customer care.

At last one day I got conection,That time SBI Card representative told that “we can’t cancel this insurance now. With in a month we should cancel. Time is over now.”

But that time I didn’t receive any courier or intimation from SBI CARDS about this SuperSuraksha

I send several mail to the feedback.gesbi@ge.com,I didn’t get reply immediately. It took 2 weeks for one reply

With out my knowledge, SBI card has charged Rs.3583 for the SBI Life SuperSuraksha (Prem&Admn Fee)..

How can I pay? I feel bad about your SBIcard’s customer care.

So I don’t want SBI card.

Last 4 yrs, I am using my ICICI credit card.I didn’t face any problem with ICICI still now.

I broken my SBI cards and send register post to

Manager- Customer Services
    SBI Cards,
    PO Bag 28- GPO,
    New Delhi 110001.

Again and again the SBI cards representative calling me and ask about balance. I am saying full story. Then they will say.” OK sir I will call you after 5 mins”. But I never get call after 5 mins.

But somebody will call twice in a week and ask the payment. I will tell same answer.

• Sv
      25th of Apr, 2007

I too had such problems and I also hear that many are facing such problems. Do u have any idea for approaching consumer court for this. Something should be done to safeguard the interest of the public

28th of Apr, 2007
    SBI Credit card - Card Statement not received
    India

A copy of email to SBI bank:

I am a credit card holder of your bank. Ever since i have got this card not even single statement is received by me. This is a very incompetent service provided by you. I received a recorded message saying my payment is due but did not conveyed how much and for what. My credit card no is 4317575176394345. Arrange me a statement and clarification for any charges of extra penalties levied on my card. My mobile no is 09819714266. Also send me statement and resister my mobile no. for mobile alerts.

Shashank S kulkarni...

5th of May, 2007

I had Received the Card One Week Before. Two Days later i got a call from Chennai,they had given me a offer of balance transfer option and also a welcome offer. In that balance transfer option i had kept the transfer of 10,000 rs,they said they will send the cheque,and also a welcome offer of 8000 rs cash they said they will a DD in 3 to 4 working days.

But till now i din't recevive the Cheque and DD.i want to know whether u had send the cheque and DD or not.

Before Dispacthing the Sbicard i had call from Delhi that they r offering a amount of 5000 rs also they said i had to pay it after 30 days i said ok to them they they will send a DD of 5000Rs to my office address in 3-4 working days but till now i didn't receive any one of them.

6th of May, 2007

Sub: Very poor quality of service

I am holding SBI credit card. The call center executing called and gave wrong figure of my outstanding amount. However without crosschecking i made the payment to avoid late payment. later when i called the call center i came to know that i have paid Rs.1,100 /- extra again my outstanding amount.

When i call the call center the executives are unable to understand and communicate in english. I cannot communicate in their regional language. When i was not satisfied with the call center executive and i told him the same i was shocked to listen from him ... "Sir you are rude and you are pissing me off and i am trying to help you but you are not understanding anything"... those were the exact words.

I don no what to do, but one thing for sure i know is to discontinue using SBI credit card. For that matter i have discontinued using all other credit cards too.

Any advice / suggestions?

8th of May, 2007

Being my first payment i haven't received my account statement. I made a complaint to customer care stating that " block my primary card and send me new card " they have sent me another add on card instead of sending the primary card. Being a new customer it gives me a bad opinion. I believe that this wont happen in future.

• Ra
      8th of May, 2007

I fully agree with the above complaints. people in SBI credit card processing centre are not even bothered to explain and talk very rough. Hell with SBI credit card.

They have collected all my documents and still yet to tell whether they issue card to me or not. All off them are rubbish people. I hate SBI working way. They need to recruit educated people.

• Pr
      18th of May, 2007

Nobody in SBI is bother about their customer and majority of SBI employee's don't even know their internal work flow.

SBI is a cheat bank they have cheated me. I have a Silver card but i never asked for Insurance. In the very first bill they charged me insurance premium and going further for non payment of bill they continued to charge me non-payment charges which is now trice the amount of first bill.

I called up many a times to their customer care but every time it shows waiting of half an hour or one.

Now they have started giving up calls for recovery. I explained them the reason of non-payment but these stupid people say they are not going to help unless i pay the bill.

There is no way to contact them and writing to them is like a ###.They will never reply to our mails

• Pr
      18th of May, 2007

I have been using credit card of sbi. I m getting insurance amount to pay every month, which i have not pd because when i contacted them they told me its optional. I had informed them that pl don't send me. Still they kept on sending the bill. Today i have recd. the bill showing my card is blocked but nobody has contacted from sbi card people and gave proper guidance till date i tried their help line but unfortunately they kept me on hold for atleast 10 to 15 minutes. I m fedup with this services card product of sbi.

• Bi
    SBI Credit card - Irregular billing / no statement
    India

This is complaint against sbi credit cards where they have not been sending statements for last five months, wherein i made payment of Rs 7000/ in feb 2007 on this card against my purchases since then there has been no purchases on this card. At that time there was an outstanding as late fee being charged of Rs 500/ which they have hiked it up to a total of Rs 4000/ in past four- five months and that two with no statement being sent to me for above mentioned period.And not to forget that there harassment calls do not stop in the mean time in the meanwhile i have been explaining the complete story to every executive who calls me with no followup at all from the bank, each and every time some new exec calls & after listening to my version never gets back again.

SBI Credit card - Harassment for recovery without statement

Re: SBI

I am a SBI Credit Card customer & have been paying regularly too but since last more than 1 year's period I haven't received my card bill & no body from SBI was bothered to send me the bill or called me to check wether I have received the bill or not.

Suddenly after such a long period of time one person who told his name is Rajesh Ranga & he is a lawywer, called at my residence land line no. in the starting of this month, saying that I have a big amount of Rs.26000.00 overdue against SBI Card & if I dont pay that amount at once then he is going to get a non bailable warrant against me.

At this I asked him to provide me either statement of charges or invoice so that I can know the break up of the amount he is asking me to deposit. I also gave him my mobile no. for all further communications as I am out of home most of the time.

After half an hour he again called me on my mobile & told me that he is going to get me a special discount & now I have to pay Rs 18000.00 but I need to pay it at once only & he again didn't provide the statement.

I again asked him that pls provide me the statement & then only I can pay the o/s amount.

At this these people started calling me at my mobile no. as well as on my residence land line no. in every 1 or 2 minutes for several days & also abused every one who picks up the phone at my home.

Today due to this harassment & mental pressure to every body at home I have paid them Rs.18000.00 without still having the statement of charges levied, they only sent me a letter stating the amount due.

I would request you to pls put this matter forward & get me the justice.

• Bi
      22nd of May, 2007

Even i have been facing the same problem, idid clear all my dues in feb 2007 with some 500/ odd Rs left as outstanding on which they have levied late fees and interest, how can somebody charge interest on late fees & that to you are charging all your late fee and interest without even sending the statement for atleast last five months

• Yo
      24th of May, 2007

I would say, the SBI CARD ARE THE BIGGEST FRAUD. They should be trapped by court or some community for whatever they are doing. They don't have check drop box in all the ATM. They will block your net banking facility saying amount is due. They will not sent the statements properly. They will put some offers & asks you that whatever u shopped = total amount due. Is the worst case in flexipay offer.

Keeps adding on columns like payment not made by due date duplicate statement bill unnecessarily.

My kind request to all not to ever go for this card for under any Circumstances.

• Mu
      6th of Jun, 2007
    SBI Credit card - No statement received!
    India

I have a card from SBI I received this in the month of Feb about 13th, from that day I haven't received and conversion from State Bank only people phone to me Sir they are the pending in your accounts please play 180 Rs, pay 800 Rs just on calls but no statement I have complaint many times to toll free numbers they only say Sir there are some problem so we cant deliver the statement to you but tomorrow or day after you will get it surely... But till day I haven't received any statement I just wanna ask you the simple question if you collection guy come to ask the payment then why not statement come through by them or courier.

Even till date I haven't received the pin numbers also, last time a gentle man have phoned me up and he promised me that he will send me the statement on 20th of april you just deposit the Rs. 800.00 to the drop box or i will send my collection guy, then next day he sent the collection guy I have paid him 4000.0o cheque instead of 800.00 because I know I have to pay the levies but why I am not getting any statement from the bank.

If there is any problem why should the people from bank bringing in my knowledge. Stay away from SBI!

• Kr
      6th of Jun, 2007
    SBI Credit card - Mental harassment by SBI Credit Card Department
    India

Myself Krishan Kumar is one of the mentally harassed credit card holder's of SBI. I have been holding this card for around 6 months and this period of 6 months have been a torture for me. I have never ever used this card since i have been applied for the same just because of the negative feedback which i got from my friends. At the time of applying i have denied for all the extra facilities like insurance, easy bill etc...

Now i have been receiving continuous legal notices from the SBI department stating that Rs. 7733 is due upon me. They even call me up offering me a waver of around Rs. 3000. Now they are asking for Rs. 4000/- in order to settle this dispute. All these has harassed me a lot and is fed up of all this. The Ref. no. of the legal notice which i received is : QL/150/APR/07/2148. When asked they don't even have the details of why this much amount has been charged towards my credit card.

Being one of the largest banks in the work they are offering such a below standard service to their customers and threatening their customers of submitting a particular amount in order to settle it. But they question is "Why...?". Everyone earns their money by shear hard work and no one will pay a single penny for free.

Important Note: "Never ever in your life apply for a SBI credit card, no matter what all facilities they are providing".

Krishna Kumar.

7th of Jun, 2007

I am using SBI card from past one year. They have a very bad rappo as well as very bad service. Nobody cares in the call center. Can anyone tell me when they are going to start the net login system? It used to work before 6-8 months but after that i dont know what happened? The site always hangs up just like the call center executives...

• Gl
      10th of Jun, 2007

Every month I have to ask for card statement, it is not delivered at my res. address. Even the same is available for on site. Call centre people do attend but nothing is done further.

11th of Jun, 2007

Anybody having complaints against SBI cards should mail to ajay.bharti@ge.com. This chap is VP customer care and takes personal interest in all matter. Don't go through customer care, go through him.