SBI Credit Card / getting harressing calls from the bank

1 India Review updated:

I was using SBI Credit Card, and found some discrepancies in the statements starting from the month of November 2006, which I voiced out in various mails to the company but with no positive response. This year (2007) in the month of May, after innumerous calls and mails, Mr. Harkesh Wahi, said to be Manager (who claimed to look after SBI Cr. Card Division in Gurgaon, Infinity Tower as well as Janak Puri, New Delhi branch) finally made settlement from the company with a total payout of Rs.20,000/- (I did got settlement letter from the Bank).

First installment of Rs.5,200/- cash (paid in the month of May 2007) and than five equal installments of Rs.2,960/-. The last installment has been paid in the month of October 2007.

Since the payout of my final installment, I have been receiving harassing calls from the representatives stating to make payments. It seems there is no coordination between departments of such a reputed Bank that even after issuance of settlement letter from one department, and even after getting all the cheques cleared from customers bank, the other department is not aware of it. It seems that a customer is just taken for a ride?

May I request everyone out there, helping the consumers rights to kindly help me out in this matter.

Comments

• Kb
      2nd of Aug, 2008

Dear Sir,
    I had applied for a Platinum Card though I was assured of at least a Gold ( Visa) card. My reference No. is SB08214021011.
    What I have got is a Siver Cards. It has yet to be activated.
    Before it is activated I request you to please cancel it and send a Gold Card to me.
    I wait for your reply.

KB Mahajan
    New Delhi.

• Ad
      26th of Sep, 2008

i also have a very bitter experience towardsthe SBI call centre. in fact i have credit card of hdfc too but i have never faced any problems with them till now.the call centre representatives of SBI CC s are very rude, dyscourteous and ignorent to our problems. i had to call them several times when i was not in india and wasted money over their call centres. they are not flixible, do not check your past cridit records b4 talking to us and jus try to escape work in shadow of some rules. when we ask them to put their senoirs on line they are reluctant to do so...why?..they are gonna lose many customers this way.
    aditi.