SBI Cards / no response to rti application

1 India Review updated:

From:

Harsh vardhan tiwari
Assistant manager
United india insurance company limited
(a government of india enterprise)
Regional office
Mobile no [protected] email tiwari_harsh@rediffmail.com
Hvtiwari@uiic.co.in march 14, 2008

To
Acpio
State bank of india cards
Sco 110-111 second floor sector 34 a
Chandigarh

Dear madam,

Information under right to information act

Case id=002-455-833application no [protected] for sbi card

I am to state that I had applied for state bank of india credit card on 12th january 2008 vide application no [protected]. I telephoned sbi toll free no [protected] in regard to the status of my application and I was told that my application has been rejected on 20th february 2008.

The rejection of the application put me to great shock and disappointment, my financial creditability had come to stake. therefore I sent an email to sbi cards dated february 28, 2008 to know the reason for the rejection.

But in their reply to me I was informed that sbi decision of not accepting my proposal for issuance of card is a business decision. and that their business decision was taken in good faith and they reserve their right to enter or not to enter into a business relationship with any person and any decision in this regard, being prerogative of the bank and does not call for any explanation. they instructed me to write an email to
avp, customer
Service,
Head. sbicards@ge.com
Credit cards section head. sbicards@ge.com

But I got a similar reply from there. I am to state that sbi is a public sector organisation and I am also working in a public sector organisation. sbi cards does not issue cards in good faith and every decision has a solid reasoning. I am not satisfied with their reply and would like to know the reason for rejection of my application.

I have an account in sbi no [protected] (sector 7-c) chandigarh branch
I want to know if my application has been rejected on the grounds that I am listed as a defaulter in the list of credit information bureau [india] ltd (cibil) which bank has posted me as defaulter if sbi has taken decision based on their report they being member of cibil can provide me the copy of the report or the information as to which member bank has posted me as defaulter

. the bank should inform me the reason of rejection of my application.
I am enclosing bankers cheque no 667956 dated: 14.03.2008 of state bank of india sector 7 c chandigarh for rs10/- as requiste fee under right to information act.

Thanking you,

Cordially yours,

H. v. tiwari
sbi cards is not replying to my rti application dated 15.3.2008 sent by registered post please advise me whom to approach

Comments

• Dr
      23rd of Sep, 2008

To
    The Chairman
    SBI.,

Dear Sir,
    As per my complaint send to you through e-mail regarding scrutiny of my transaction in the period of 2005 and 2006, due to which my Rs 45, 200/- sum of money has gone in vain, I am not satisfied with the statement which you have send to me on 19th Sep 08 because of the following reasons :

1)You have mentioned the same ATM Card number for the two account numbers, i.e.A/c no:11094091259 have ATM card number 2985 as well as 35050, .
    But, infact A/c no11094091259 have ATM card no:6220180123500035050
    and A/c no:11094082733 have ATM Card no:6220180123500002985

2) Now, the problem lies in the time of withdrawal . According to your statement, you have mentioned that, the money was withdrawn at about midnight which is impossible for me . i.e. Rs15000/- withdrawn on 21st Apr2005 at 21:35:29 hours, next, Rs10, 000/- was withdrawn on 15th july 2005 at 23:39:16 hours and finally, Rs 5000/-was withdrawn on 7th May 2005 at 23:44:31 hours .

3) If, money has been withdrawn, then you should have been given the names and branch of the ATMs . Then, I would have inquired it.

Please look up the matter very Seriously from your side, and please convey to the higher authority because its the matter of my HARD EARNED money .Please give due respect to it and I expect some positive results at the earliest.

Yours faithfully