Samsung Split Air Conditioner / installation

1 India Review updated:

We purchased a samsung split-type airconditioner for our home office. They were fast in delivering the unit but their after sale service is very poor. After only 30 days of purchase the unit stopped working displaying an error code e2 03 on the indoor monitor unit. Their sub-contracted maintainance provider do not have technicians on duty during weekends (As their website claim they have) so we had to wait until monday for a visit schedule. It's been more than a week and until now, they couldn't figure out what's wrong with it.

After persistent calls, no one has come back yet to replace or repair it. Their head office customer service hotline just keeps on ringing, for a long 15 minutes until u just give up! They also have this habit of calling at the end of office hours just to say they are still waiting for feedback from korea to determine what's wrong with the unit. The error code e2 03 is not listed in their repair manual. I demanded a replacement but nobody is taking it seriously. I even suggested that perhaps they should pull out the unit so they can examine it at their liberty and just replace what they've initially installed.

I was told the official technician from samsung assigned in manila is on sick leave and we were told there are only 2 of them covering nationwide! How is that possible that you only have 2 official technicians to cover an entire country?!!? Unbelievable!

We also called the shop where we bought the unit but they too has to wait for another unit from samsung. They also advised us we should not be too nice in talking to samsung agents and threat to sue or talk to the boss of samsung (Which is sooo hard to reach because they don't give their direct numbers) otherwise they wouldn't take u seriously.

They will make u feel you owe them to wait and just follow whatever they tell you.

Really pathetic service! I already filed a complaint to the department of trade and industry and demand for a refund if they couldn't fix or replace it.

I've always been a fan of samsung. We also have a tv and an entertainment system that's why we bought this air conditioner. Had I known this would happen, i'd rather spend a little more money for another brand. Now I fear for our other samsung appliances if they break down. Same old pathetic service i'm sure!

As of press time, we are still waiting for feedback from samsung technicians when they would report for work to attend to our problem.

Let our experience be a lesson to everyone.

Comments

• We
      1st of Jul, 2010

My window type samsung air - conditioner is probably the most rotten air - conditioner in the world. . . And samsung service in the philippines is probably the most rotten in the world too! On top of this, the samsung philippines management is probably the most rotten in the world too!

My air - conditioner started to rust in just 3 months, same time as the remote controller starting malfunctioning. In just 6 months, the air - swing stopped working and in 10 month the samsung air - con unit started to give poor cooling performance. In about 24 months, the control panel stopped working and the climate control was stucked at 26 deg. C.

I called samsung for service, and you won't believe that such lousy service still exists in these days!

To make a long story short, samsung service sent incompetent technicians who made wrong diagnosis: mainboard is dead, i complained: why such a short service life? Adding to my horror: they don't have the parts and they have to order abroad! When it finally arrived after 3 weeks, they found out it was not the mainboard, but just the control panel! And they don't have the parts and they have to order abroad!

When the control panel arrived, they found out that the swivel motor is dead, and the remote controller is kaput. They took the remote controller for repair but until now i haven't seen my remocon again. I called samsung service and raised hell, because that's the only way you could ask them to fix your samsung within your lifetime, but to no avail this time.

They just don't care, they want your money for their appliances. . . Which break down in such horrifying short period, and they probably expect you to give up on their lousy service and just go ahead and buy another one.

In my honest opinion, samsung products are of poor quality, and their service is a joke!

I will never buy another samsung product in my life, and i will tell my children to do the same. Owning samsung is too much trouble !