Complaints & Reviews

Vet discount + Sale Price = FRAUD

The website allowed for a combination of the sale price for an iphone 11, plus my verified veteran's 10% discount; however, Gazelle twice took 1 day to cancel the order, neglected to email regarding the cancellation, and listed the transaction as FRAUD. Their advertised veteran discount is a sham in practice because they will reject your order. The result is a false goodwill to the public regarding veteran support when in fact the company provides sub-par order support.

The time sensitive aspect of the sale and the lack of timely order support led to a case where, rather than a cost savings for veterans, the inventory was sold and remaining offers were lower quality and/or higher costs.

Vet discount + Sale Price = FRAUD

denied payment for good condition imac

Unfortunately, I trusted Gazelle and sent them my iMac, which was in great condition and they promised to pay...

Useless customer service

I am silly. Because I always give shots to people and companies I try to trust.
This one is not exclusion.
I bought an iPhone 7 and it arrived being inactivated. I thought that maybe it was a mistake from their side and shipped it back at my expense (and warned them before). They sent the same phone with the same problem. I returned it again.
Don't know what I was thinking. Maybe I had time for doing it, maybe something else. But the problems had repeated again.
Of course, I will not ship it for the fourth time. I just don't know what to do and where and who can activate my iPhone for free (the company promised to do it). Terrible situation and horrible treatment. Inattentive and unprofessional people.

waste of time

Same problem like many other people have.
I purchased a phone from them and picked the express delivery, which meant 2-3 days. I received my order only 8 days later. But the saddest part is that my phone was a little damaged. I could probably spend money on fixing it at the repair center, but why would I?
I was advised to send the phone to them and promised to refund. I did what they wanted and paid for the shipping as well. But it's been 2 weeks and still I am waiting.
Don't order from them, if you don't want to be out of money.

Gazelle check bounced and I had to pay a $12 bank charge fee

I sent my phone into Gazelle and received a check for $80.00. A week later my bank notifies me that the check bounced (insufficient funds) and I was charged a $12.00 bank charge fee. Gazelle has yet to contact me regarding this issue. They should know that they did not fund the check and that a customer was shafted. I recently email customer support - when I tried to call never got through.

Scammers!!

I wanted to sell them my iPhone 5 and they said that they'll give me $250 for it since it was brand new and never used.
So it seemed like a great deal and I sent them my phone.
Later they contacted me and said that they'll give me only $50 because my iPhone was damaged. When I sent it there were no damages and I've sent it with the most trusted and save delivery service!
I told them that I don't need the money and asked them to return my iPhone and they just stopped replying!! They still have my phone and they never even paid me!!
Scammers!! Don't deal with Gazelle!

Don't send them anything!

I wanted to sell my iPad and found www.gazelle.com and it seemed like a great deal. So I sent them my iPad and it was in perfect condition, I used it only for few months and it was kept in a good case. When they received it they said that I'll be getting $100 for my device and I was really happy. Few days later another message came and they said that there were scratches on the screen and dropped the price to $10! There were absolutely no signs of wear and definitely no scratches, like I said it was almost brand new! Ridiculous people!

Horrible service.

First of all I received only 2 items instead of 5 from two separate orders. 3 cell phones were missing and the other two were not functional. According to description on their website those supposed to be grade fully functional cell phones. When I contacted the company asking for a replacement Gazelle told they are out of stock and those were the last phones they had. I asked about the other three, and Gazelle told they had only two, so only two phones were shipped. Therefore I'm requesting a full refund of my money in order to solve this matter! I waited almost a month for my items to be delivered and phones are not even what I was expecting. This was terrible experience with Gazelle. I really hope that this problem will be solved.

Never contacted me again after I sent phone. Won't answer e-mails.

The worst gadget buyback program I've ever had to deal with. It has been three weeks since I sent my phone, and more than 2 weeks since they marked it received and opened for inspection and yet I haven't received any further notifications nor a payment for the iPhone 4s I sent in. I honestly don't see what the holdup is considering that I had already marked it as broken and the amount of money quoted is paltry in comparison to a similar phone in good condition. I've sent other phones to other buyback programs such as BuyMyTronics and BuyBackWorld and they handled my transaction and sent my payment within a week or so. They also kept me updated every step of the way. Not only has Gazelle not answered the multiple questions & concerns I've sent to their site, but they also haven't notified me about my order in the last 2 weeks. This is honestly the worst buyback company I've had to deal with and I will not hesitate to make my feelings about them known on every review site I can find until they either give me a payment for my phone or return it. Absolutely unprofessional!

They never contact you or pay you what they say they will!

The worst gadget buyback program I've ever had to deal with. It has been three weeks since I sent my phone, and more than 2 weeks since they marked it received and opened for inspection and yet I haven't received any further notifications nor a payment for the iPhone 4 I sent in. I honestly don't see what the holdup is considering that I had already marked it as broken and the amount of money quoted is paltry in comparison to a similar phone in good condition. I've sent other phones to other buyback programs such as BuyMyTronics and BuyBackWorld and they handled my transaction and sent my payment within a week or so. They also kept me updated every step of the way. Not only has Gazelle not answered the multiple questions & concerns I've sent to their site, but they also haven't notified me about my order in the last 2 weeks. This is honestly the worst buyback company I've had to deal with and I will not hesitate to make my feelings about them known on every review site I can find until they either give me a payment for my phone or return it. Absolutely unprofessional!

Cell phone

I sent a samsung galaxt S brand new still in the original box, all original parts I was offered $138 for it I sent the item and did not hear from them for two weeks. I then got on the site to chat with one of the operators and she claims I declined the offer, I never recieved a check or any e mail from the company all i got was the run sround. two weeks later by this time they have had my phone for atleast a month. I asked for my phone back and and all I got was an operator telling me jose will call me today, well no call from jose at all Gazelle is a scam do not send anything by mail you dont trust lokk it up seek legal advice like me I intend to shut this one down I have two lawyers waiting to get a piece of this scam artist.

Fraud

Fraud

This is a major ripoff ! . I sent two high dollar cameras to them, the cameras were signed for but Gazelle can't find them in the warehouse. Gazelle's response: "your trying to defraud us" "We're going to have your company investigated". Avoid Gazelle like the plague. They are a fraud. They provide the label then expect you to be 100% responsible for the weight etc. on the label. After my experience i found that there were hundreds of complaints about them paying less than quoted. My shipment was "absorbed" buy someone there. I was not offered a dime. In addition to my personal issue with them, they have no phone support and 10 day email response. AVOID...

Bait and low

On 2 seperate occasions over a 6 month period I have been offered "high" price for slightly used smart phones.BUT upon Gazelle receiving these items, both times they lowered the price about 25% of what they originaly offered.
I would advise folks to be completely aware of this type of "BAQIT" and then low ball you.

Fraud Theft Bad Customer Service Bate Switch

This is a major ripoff ! . I sent two high dollar cameras to them, the cameras were signed for but Gazelle can't find them in the warehouse. Gazelle's response: "your trying to defraud us" avoid Gazelle like the plague. They are a fraud. They provide the label then expect you to be 100% responsible for the weight etc. on the label. After my experience i found that there were hundreds of complaints about them paying less than quoted but my shipment was "absorbed" buy someone there. i was not offered a dime. AVOID SELL ON AMAZON EBAY ETC.

[Resolved] Products sent in

I sent my 2 phones into Gazelle.com and when they arrived there the post office said they were closed and could not deliver and that I have to tell the post office to redeliver, But when I went to the post office site to tell them to do a redilvery there was no place for me to have it redilivered to a business just a home. I contacted twice bye email and both times they have ignored my email. My phones are in limbo. I have a sirius satelite radio I am supposed to send them too but I will not send it till I get a responce from Gazelle. I don't know what the hold up is and why they haven't answered my email. I gave them all the info and even the info for the post office. They need to get back to me right quick, I am getting pissed it has been over 3 weeks now.

• Custo59 Apr 20, 2011

Hello David,

I am sorry to hear about the issue that you had with your trade -in. I would be happy to look into this for you? For the tracking on the post office. Usually when you see a message stating that the company is closed, was this on a Saturday? This is the only delivery day where we are not here to accept deliveries. We actually receive two deliveries on Friday one in the morning and another at the end of the day. Then any packages that arrive at the post office after our last delivery on Friday will show the business closed message until Monday when they make our next delivery. This is a new message that the post office has decided to use, and we do understand that it is confusing to our customers, unfortunately we have been unsuccessful in getting the post office to stop using this status since it is misleading.

We have been experiencing record breaking high volume and unfortunately our customer care team is behind on answering emails. I am sorry if we have not gotten a chance to respond to your request as of yet. Please know that we are increasing out staff in customer care so that we can reduce the wait time for assistance so that we can return to our 24 hour response time promise.

If you would like to send a request back to us and place **ATTENTION PATRICIA** in the subject line I would be happy to watch for this and respond immediately.

Particia Bertrand
    Sr. Manager
    Customer Care

• Custo59 Apr 21, 2011

Hi David,

This is a follow up from Gazelle's Customer Care. We located your trade-in transaction and all of your items have been marked as "received" in our system. We also sent you an e-mail with further details. Please check your inbox for an e-mail from Gazelle's Customer Care.

Cordially,
    Gazelle's Customer Care

marie gudewicz Nov 21, 2011

i sent phone about 3 weeks ago and received nothing want to have some answers please and where is my wal mart card thank you marie

This site is a big liar and BS

This site is a big liar and BS. They advirtise on fronpage a cell phone for $50 r more, when I searched for different items they only give you $4 for a good condition or better. For example: 200GB external desktop Hard drive, they offered me $2, a godd like new condition lens only $4. The BS-ness is this is that they give you a list of accessories to click on, but your item might not have had those initially. Like the lens: didn't come with a case and hood, only a cap. If I would add those 2 accessories they would offer me $20, but they didn't come with the lens. So don't get fooled by them.They offer a better price for hot items like ipads and iphones, but there are other good items out there. You are better off selling them on ebay.

• Ap
    applegeek Apr 02, 2011

So every ad that I have seen for Gazelle says that they are looking for electronics to buy, and your upset that your item didn't get an offer that you find acceptable. OK your entitled to think that your item is worth more than someone else is willing to pay. However since you didn't list what you were actually trying to sell, it's my assumption that you were trying to sell lower end items. As for ipads and iphones, these are higher end items so based on basic commerce, these items would pull higher resale values. I've used Gazelle to sell many items over the last few years, I am able to keep up with new technology because of Gazelle, I always lock in my resale trade right when Apple announces the new versions, and so far I have been able to sell my gently used items to Gazelle and make almost enough to pay for my new items. Yes, your right that they have a standard list of accessories for each category of item, some items in that category will have these accessories, others won't, so if your doesn't don't check it off, that doesn't mean that the company is trying to defraud anyone. Please stop being so negative just because your throwing a fit because you found out that no one wants to pay what you want for your items. Sounds like you need to stop having false expectations and look at the program for what it really is. A easy way to get rid of your unwanted items and to get a fair market price for them.

[Resolved] These people promised me a price and then when I delivered as promised, they lowered the price

These people promised me a price and then when I delivered as promised, they lowered the price. I refused and they did it anyway. They cannot be trusted. Don't do business with them.

• Custo59 Jan 31, 2011

Hello Shibbel,

I am sorry to hear that our evaluation of the condition of your item is different than how you described in on the website. We try to make the site as easy as possible and to help you reach the same evaluation of the condition as we would. It appears that this was not the case for you. We would love to talk to you about your concerns and we would be happy to have your item evaluated again by a supervisor. If you can contact us by either live chat, or email so that we can obtain your order information. We are available Monday - Friday from 9am -10pm EST, and Weekends from 12-m - 8pm EST.
    If you would like for me to personally handle this request please feel free to ask for me personally.
    I look forward to speaking with you about this disagreement.

Sr. Manager, Customer Care

[Resolved] Bad place to sell cameras

It's a rip-off. Gazelle.com quotes high so people send it their stuff. I was quoted $224, they offered $50 once they had the camera. I was quoted $445, you offered $100. People have already sent in their stuff so they are willing to take ridiculously low offers. I sent in many extras (lith-ion batteries, tapes, remotes, chargers) and got no credit but they took $300 off because my Canon XL-1 was missing a cheapo microphone- no one uses that mic because it ***! Nor I was given the option of sending the mic in. I love the idea of Gazelle from a recycling standpoint and after dealing with Jose I now hate Gazelle. If you want a decent price then stay away, people.

• Custo59 Oct 14, 2010

Hello Rene,

I am sorry to hear that your not satisfied with your experience with our service. I am the Customer Care manager and I would like to look into the circumstances behind your change in value. We do not actually like it when we have to revise a quote. This happens because the item we receive is actually not in the same condition or the same model that the original quote was completed on. We have customer care available 7 days a week and we are very happy to answer questions and to double check any inspection if there is a question. Also if you did have a missing piece of an item, and you contact customer care we are happy to hold the process on the trade to allow you time to send in the missing piece.

I would like to check and make sure that when you received the revised offer, our customer care team looked into this correctly for you. If you could email [email protected] with your order information and please put Complaints board in the subject line so that I can identify your email. I will be happy to respond back to you on this issue.

I look forward to addressing this issue for you.

• Custo59 Oct 15, 2010

Hello Rene,

I have done further research and I believe that I have located your transaction information. I would be happy to review this with you. I will be reaching out to you through the email address you provided us on your account.

ON the Canon XL1 camcorder I was not able to find any communication showing that you actually had the mic for the camcorder, typically when someone forgets to include part of an item in the shipment and they reach out to customer care we help them put the transaction into a pending status to allow the missing part to arrive. I would be happy to accept the camcorder back with all of the items included this time if you would like to complete the transaction.

On your other 3 camcorders:

1. I do see that we changed the price on one by $49.00 due to missing items that we were told would be included. I am going to authorize that we go ahead and send you a check for this difference, since I do see that you contacted us about this, and the customer care rep that responded to your email missed this fact when he was responding to you. I am very sorry that this happened, and I can assure you I am addressing this with the team, as we expect our service to be much better than you received on this particular transaction.

2. the second camcorder you had stated that this was in good condition on your quote online, however this camcorder was found to have cracks in the casing, unfortunately when the casing is cracked on an electronic item this automatically classifies the physical condition on the item as poor condition. We don't like to change values on quotes customer receive, but unfortunately there was no way that we could purchase this camcorder as a good condition item with these cracks.

3. The last camcorder we actually found that this one would record sound but not video when we tested it. This indicates that one of the internal sensors are no longer functioning. As a result this had to be listed as a non-functioning camcorder rather one that was fully functioning. this is why the value was mostly removed.

If you do not receive my direct email, please email me at [email protected], and place Complaints board in the subject line.

• Custo59 Oct 19, 2010

Hello Rene,

I am glad that I was able to help you resolve the issue with your camcorders. The check for the $49.00 is being processed and will be in the mail by Friday. I am sorry that you have decided not to sell you XL1 Camcorder. If you change your mind and want to take me up on our offer to accept the camcorder with all of the accessories (including the mic) please reach out to me. I can honor the original quote for the next 15 days.

Sr Manager, Customer Care
    www.gazelle.com

[Resolved] Don't send anything to this company

When you send your electronics in for a program which buys your used Electronics they give you a quote before...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices