Samsung Fridge / air conditioner conked off in less than 18 months!

1 India Review updated:

I have a 450l fridge of samsung, & subsequently bought 1.5 t ac in june 04 looking at the decent performance of the fridge.In less than 1 year (May05) bought another 1.5t ac from samsung. There starts my tyranny. The 1st ac touch panel conked & I was informed an estimate of 3k. Immediately after that there was a gas leakage in the same ac & was spending about 2.5k to repair it. But worst part is the 2nd ac. Within less than 18m of buying the 2nd ac, the gas leakage problem was detected & the service engineer quoted again around 1400 (Under some campaign). On approval the ac was taken to the workshop & after 2 days I receive a call from the workshop that the total estimate of repairs was 6.7k less discount totalling to about 5k. Reasons for increase in quote was that the cooling grill conked off. I dont understand that how does one expect to spend 5k in repairs for a product costing 16k in less than 18months time. Is this a quality of international standards. I have my doubts on the product & more to my surprise, the workshop guys have stopped calling me since past 7days on what will be the fate if my ac. This is the kind of product support offered by samsung (International company). I am genuinely disgusted & will never buy any product from samsung & also will never ever recommend any of my known people to go for samsung products. I am also planning to escalate this issue to media & press so that general public who is unaware of this response from samsung should boycott samsung. I need support. I need an explanation from samsung.

Comments

• As
      21st of Nov, 2008

Hi,

Do we have something in common?

I purchased two Videocon ACs at the dawn of this year.
    They are malfunctioning since the time they were installed till today November 21, 2008, when the year end is approaching.

Our grievance is not resolved.
    We have lost valuable Time, Energy, Money and suffered discomfort and inconvenience after paying money.
    Will someone help me pack and send the two Videocon ACs to the CEO's office? I can use the AC space to replace with other AC.

Videocon has given contract for post sales consumer care to independent private company (person). The infrastructure and expertise the contractor has is state of the art shameful inadequacy.

GET DIRECT CUSTOMER FEEDBACK
    What I regret, besides my woes, is Videocon International does not get feedback directly from the end user. This is an expensive blunder for a growing company.

It can tarnish the brand image so badly that the company's other consumer goods also take the beating and the sell and profits of the company plummets down.

When sells go down probably the Company decides to pour huge money in advertising. This further causes loss in profit.

The bottom line is customer satisfaction. The word of the mouth is powerful advertising tool.

No matter how good a product the engineers design, how rigorous be the quality control and how well the Marketing Team sells the product unless the company gets feed back from the actual user it cannot improve its sells and profit.

I have posted complaints to
    http://complaintsindia.blogspot.com, which is a customer grievance redress forum where the consumer and the corporate representative directly interact and resolve issues amicably. The Corporate also gets unbiased valuable feed back.

http://complaintsindia.blogspot.com has helped resolve my Airtel related problems and helped other Airtel customers too.

Dr. Ashok Koparday