Samsung 40& LCD TV / customer service not handling a warranty issue
I bought a samsung tv from sears in may 2008. It began failing to stay on in september. The tv is still in the 1 year manufacturer warranty period. I've been fighting with samsung customer support (Mainly their ecr - executive customer relations) to get it fixed or replaced. I've been told the faulty part is on back order with no delivery time in sight. Since this is the case I was told that the tv falls within samsungs guidelines for a replacement. Now, after 8 to 10 calls and continual run-a-rounds, a request has been sent for authorization for replacement. That is the second time I was told that, by the way. This process has been going on for over 6 weeks now and I have no confidence that samsung has any desire to replace my unit since now they'll have to do it with a newer model as mine is considered last years model.
After talking with multiple customer service reps I have observed that they are less than truthful. When I can get them to talk at length about their processes and failures from the last calls I usually get a "new" twist to the previous stories. I get conficting statements between reps and find there are "new" things that need to be done or things that were previously done wrong that will take 2 to 3 days and they will call back with a status. Well, big surprise - that call never comes and 2 to 3 days turns into 4 to 7 days before we go through the whole thing again with a "new" solution.
At this point the battle is still being waged with no end in sight.
My recommendation: do not buy a samsung product unless you are willing to throw it away when it breaks, because samsung makes it nearly impossible to get warranty issues resolved.
More Samsung 40& LCD TV Complaints & Reviews
- Samsung - refrigerator - I am totally unsatisfied with samsung! 
- Samsung Uk Promo - scam mail! 
- Samsung - customer service 
- Samsung India Software Operations - employees harassment from siso md. 
- Samsung - unbelievably bad customer service! 
- Samsung Electronics - samsung galaxy s8 
- Samsung Electronics - Refrigerator
- Samsung Electronics - defective galaxy s7
- Samsung Electronics - samsung phone lost inside wy914
- Samsung Tablet - not connect to wifi printer