Samsung 40& LCD TV / customer service not handling a warranty issue

NJ, United States Review updated:
I bought a samsung tv from sears in may 2008. It began failing to stay on in september. The tv is still in the 1 year manufacturer warranty period. I've been fighting with samsung customer support (Mainly their ecr - executive customer relations) to get it fixed or replaced. I've been told the faulty part is on back order with no delivery time in sight. Since this is the case I was told that the tv falls within samsungs guidelines for a replacement. Now, after 8 to 10 calls and continual run-a-rounds, a request has been sent for authorization for replacement. That is the second time I was told that, by the way. This process has been going on for over 6 weeks now and I have no confidence that samsung has any desire to replace my unit since now they'll have to do it with a newer model as mine is considered last years model.

After talking with multiple customer service reps I have observed that they are less than truthful. When I can get them to talk at length about their processes and failures from the last calls I usually get a "new" twist to the previous stories. I get conficting statements between reps and find there are "new" things that need to be done or things that were previously done wrong that will take 2 to 3 days and they will call back with a status. Well, big surprise - that call never comes and 2 to 3 days turns into 4 to 7 days before we go through the whole thing again with a "new" solution.

At this point the battle is still being waged with no end in sight.

My recommendation: do not buy a samsung product unless you are willing to throw it away when it breaks, because samsung makes it nearly impossible to get warranty issues resolved.

Comments

Ma
  11th of Dec, 2013
We have the same issue here in the Philippines. Samsung has same approach regarding warranty claim; therefore, the way they handle warranty claim is their international bad practice. Poor Samsung consumer...Samsung products are disposable products!!!

I agree with your recommndation: "Do not buy a Samsung product unless you are willing to throw it away when it breaks, because Samsung makes it nearly impossible to get warranty issues resolved."

Samsung Electronics Logo Samsung Electronics