Sam's Club / selling online auction items as new when they are refurbished with no warranty

WI, United States Review updated:
4.6
I purchased a 50" New Philips plasma TV from Samsclub.com on their auction. I received it & upon turning it on, immediately noticed it was defective. (There was a 2" wide border along the entire left border of the screen which was vertical, multicolored lines) I called Philips & gave them the Model # of the TV. They said that since the model number ended in a "B", it meant that the TV was refurbished & that there was no warranty for it. It clearly states on samsclub.com auction that they only auction off NEW items in their original packaging & also states that items have a warranty on the page, before you bid on them. Sam's Club said the TV needs to be returned within 30 days for a refund. They will not repair it or replace it for another. BEWARE of their auction, as they are selling refurbished electronics as New without a warranty!! I have filed a complaint with the FTC regarding this

Comments

Ma
  17th of Nov, 2010
I was very un-pleasantly surprised to learn that a Chi flat Iron I purchased at Sams Club In Bentonville Ar. was sold as a new item, was actually a refurbished item ! I could hardly believe what I was hearing. I wanted to exchange the flat iron as it was not working properly and the associate at the service desk informed me that I had purchased a refurbished item. She was willing to give me store credit for the item but could not do an even exchange because there was a $ 20 price difference. I inspected the flat iron up one side and down the other and asked her " where does this say this is refurbished " to which she answered "it doesn't say it I just know because of the price any Chi flat iron you buy here that is under $90 is refurbished " I had paid $80 for mine so therefore that told her it was refurbished. I have to say I'm quite disappointed that Sams club would sell something refurbished as a new item that is just dishonesty and shady.
Ma
  17th of Nov, 2010
disappointed
Bj
  20th of Apr, 2011
I am also very disappointed with Sam's Club for selling me a refurbished Dell computer that has been nothing but a problem for me since I got it two years ago. I didn't start using it right away while waiting for daughter to start it for me. I started having problems shortly after she started it up. I complainted to Dell about the problem. I sent it to Dell for repair after it got so hot I couldn't keep it on my lap without severe pain in the thigh. When I got it back, it shut down on me twice and I had to pay someone to start it back up for me. I notice when searching the hard drive that it had files stored since 2005, long before I purchased the computer. I kept getting a message that I was using too much storage when I hadn't saved anything on the hard drive at all. I am still having problems today despite having a friend try to clean my hard drive. This computer is trash. Sam's Club should be fined for selling refurbished items for new.
Ti
  23rd of Dec, 2013
SAMS CLUB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CON ARTISTS! ! ! ! SAM WALMART, SHAME ON YOU ! ! ! ! ! I won a bid for a television, thinking I was getting a good price. They socked me for 83.00 in shipping charges, making it no deal at all!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. I also will no longer continue to renew my membership and will never buy another item from them EVER!!!
Tu
  26th of Nov, 2016
I purchased several years ago what I thought was a brand new Sony Bravia LED 42" flat panel. It came in a brand new box - I had ever expectation the TV was new. I recently terminated cable TV and switched to online streaming. The Sony Bravia Sam's Club sold me for did not have a Coaxial Antenna plug. I contacted Sony for the coaxial antenna plug and they sent out a technician. The technician helping me with with the TV showed me a label with a picture of the coaxial antenna plug - IT WAS NEVER INSTALLED FROM THE FACTORY. He couldn't install for free because he showed me a "Refurbished" sticker on the back of the TV. I never purchased a refurbished TV form Sam's and can't believe they did this to me. I will NEVER shop at Sam's Club again.

Sam's Club / Sam's West Logo Sam's Club / Sam's West