Sam's Club / awful place to shop

US Review updated:

My husband, baby and I visited Sam's Club #6204 today to stock up on some items we needed. While there we picked up an adorable set of "sock monkey" type toys for the baby and put them in the cart with him to play with while we shopped. The set was supposed to be held together by a piece of plastic, but on this set the plastic was missing. When we got in line the cashier, Jennifer, was being very unfriendly and just basically rude to the people in line in front of us that she was checking out. Her voice and the look on her face was all attitude. When we started checking out I got the toys from the baby and explained to her about the plastic. She very rudely informed me that she needed two that were attached. Not because of a barcode or anything, because the barcode was not on the plastic...she was pretty much just being difficult. I went and got a different set that was attached and when she rang it up she huffily tossed the baby's new sock monkey toys on top of the meats in our cart. I couldn't believe it. I have never been treated that way at Sam's before today. It made me just mad enough though that when the time comes to renew our membership next month I might just opt out. I don't want to shop somewhere that allows employees to treat their customers like dirt.

Comments

• Mu
      Sep 28, 2009

It's better if you understand that Sam's Club treats their employees like dirt. Believe me, I am one. We don't get treated with common respect, so it makes it difficult to pass that on to the 200+ customers we ring up everyday.

• Lol, I remember that day. And as I recall, you were being a complete ###, too :-) So I totally agree. Sam's Club is an awful, HORRIBLE place to shop. Please don't shop here anymore.

Feb 09, 2010

I am sure if you told management, they would discipline the employee.

Don't penalize ALL employees of Sam's just because one employee sucked!

And you do not have the right to raise hell to an employee! Go to MANAGEMENT!

Dear [censor],

Next time grab one with a barcode. Just because you are too stupid to think ahead, too lazy to reach the extra three inches, or a combination of the two, doesn't put the blame on a cashier who had nothing to do with your purchase. The cashier sees idiots like you on a daily basis. I would have an attitude too if I was forced to cater to a brainiac such as yourself.

Sincerely,

Anyone who has ever worked in customer service.

•   Sep 08, 2010

The barcode is on the plastic band, idiot.

•   Sep 08, 2010

My wife was a club manager in Houston. It most certainly is.

•   Sep 08, 2010

They are packaged underneath the plastic wrap to keep [censored]es like yourself and Mandy from being confused.

•   Sep 08, 2010

Therefore, the cashier looks on the plastic wrap for the barcode. What a shocker.

•   Sep 08, 2010

Obviously you arent referring to the right item.

•   Sep 08, 2010

It's not wrapped, it's a plastic band. The barcode is packaged under it.

•   Sep 08, 2010

I would trust my wife over you any day of the week.

•   Sep 08, 2010

There is a difference between a traumatic event and knowing a product that you sell. My wife has a keen attention to detail. Much like how she noticed you are a [censor].

•   Sep 08, 2010

And I am a psychiatrist. There is a difference. [censor].

•   Sep 08, 2010

In fact, we now have a precedent for your inability to denote details... Hmm...

•   Sep 08, 2010

A grill operator at Burger King does not count as 90% observation skills. My clinic might be able to help you. Although, I think playing on a busy interstate will solve your problem in the long term.

•   Sep 08, 2010

No, I'm laughing at you because you insist on exhibiting the fact that you are a [censor]. I don't need you to validate my point. I already know that I am right. I am just offering you some advice, free of charge. It's my philanthropic side. Do society a favor. Throw your lunatic [censor] off of a bridge and help relieve us of some of the impending social security burden you will be to the United States later in life.

•   Sep 08, 2010

The funniest part about this is that you actually believe that you're right.

• We
      Sep 11, 2010

Idiots my wife wrote this letter and you are changing the subject. Stay on subject you stupid kids.

• We
      Sep 11, 2010

To the idiot that replied don't judge all Sam's Club employees based on one person. Well we do and if you don't like it get a better job. People who work in fast food don't know how to read, no do people working in retail.

•   Sep 13, 2010

Dear [censor],

Sorry for the delay with my response. Family vacation down near Houston. Coincidentally, we were able to observe the fact that you were incorrect first hand. Please exterminate yourself.

Society.

• To
      Sep 16, 2010

why didn't she just get a set with the right information on it in the first place?..the lady states that she felt the need to let the cashier know that the plastic piece was missing...therefore, it was something that either the cashier needed to scan, or a piece of the toy that was missing(maybe she thought she could get a discount?) and why allow your child to play with something that you have not paid for, and have not washed first? basically, this lady did not do the right thing, and is whining and complaining about being treated like garbage by making stupid generalizations...I hate it when people do that...I love Sams

• Th
      Sep 16, 2010

Hilarious to follow the posts on here. I'd love to see the suicide rate at the "psychiatrist clinic" Don'tBeAMoron "works" with.

It reminds me of the Geico commercial, "Does a former Drill Sergeant make a really bad Psychiatrist?"

I would assume he is really someone who gets his jollies by provoking stupidity in easy subjects online - not a troll perse', but pretty close. NOT saying you are one of the "stupid" or "easy" subjects. In this case I would say that you won.

He called you stupid, went down from there for him in this scenario.

•   Sep 16, 2010

DisputerMoron,

Would love to add you to the suicide statistic. Please go "off" yourself. Thanks for your input on the situation there, John Madden. You may have missed the picture above that clearly illustrates the barcode on the product. That's understandable being as that you are also a [censor].

Reality.

•   Dec 09, 2010

Murr, i couldnt agree more, as a former employee myself.

Why are you so upset? she tossed the toys on the "Meats"? what did you want her to do?

Dec 09, 2010

the customer is always right.

•   Dec 10, 2010

Joey, Lol youre a [censor]. you must never have worked in retail... Customers are [censored]es.

Dec 10, 2010

gesserfan your the [censor]...i'm a combat veteran. and yes i have worked retail before and i am also working in retail right now. i have about 10 yrs experience in retail. the customer is always right because they are the ones spending the money that keeps our businesses and shops open. therefore, keeping us our jobs. believe i know how bad customers can be. we as employees are also consumers as we go shopping at places too. you want the best value for your hard-earned buck and you want quality and you expect courteous service. i had a tough customer today but i just dealt with it and let it go. sometimes customers come in and are having a bad day and they want to take it out on someone. if that someone happens to me i will deal with it in the right way...pass them off to someone else.

•   Dec 10, 2010

[censor] you you army [censor]. Customers dont know [censor]! case and point, THIS SITE.

Dec 19, 2010

so when your a customer stepping into a store i guess you dont [censor] either? [censor] [censor]!!! stfu [censor]-made redneck [censor].

Dec 19, 2010

i forgot to put *know in between dont-[censor] in last comment.

•   Dec 20, 2010

Joey your an [censor]. when i shop i do it with respect, having worked in a grocery the last 5 years.

• Je
      Aug 28, 2011

Wow! I'm flattered! This thread really did well! I am the infamous Jennifer :-) I was able to find this after Googling my name and Club # Well, I've since quit Sam's. I finished school and have been a nurse (thank god!) for almost 2 years now and don't have to deal with crummy ### customers anymore. Thanks everyone who defended me. And to the lady and her husband and ugly monkey baby, thanks for pushing me even harder to get the hell out of that business and further away from having to deal with people like you. I think everyone should work retail, cashiering, serving, etc to really appreciate the fact that you can't fix stupid, and that we work our ### off for minimal pay, and it's not that we don't like our jobs, it's that we don't like [censored]es. Sorry I missed this thread when it was hot... I guess I'll check it again in another couple months and see what someone is saying about me...