Sam's Club / terrible quality product

United States Review updated:
1.65

After buying the 11X11 Pavillon from Sams. I assembled it and was happy. One month later it began to fall apart. Sams told me if I brought it in they would give me a refund. Problem is, an 11'x11' wooden pavillon is not able to be moved once it is assembled.

Sams sold an inferior product for nearly a thousand dollars and knowingly sold this item though complaints were pouring in over the failure of the item to live up to expectations. I strongly recommend to be very careful when buying from Sam's Club. I learned the hard way that they will not work with you once you leave the store. Very unhappy with Sams and stuck with a broken pavillon on my patio.
Va

Comments

Wi
  22nd of Jan, 2010
I'm curious if anyone has had any problem working there at Sam's Club. I worked at the Sam's Club in Bloomington and put in my two weeks notice when another job came in for me. There didn't seem to be any issues as my evaluations were always 'exceeds expectations'.

My last week I slipped on the ice and got a concussion. I called out and explained the situation and faxed over the doctors not from the emergency room. I asked if there was anything else needed since I was going to use the sick time I had accrued from being there for nearly a year.

I called back after I had officially left since I was no longer able to access their website to see what my last paycheck would be. I called in and was quickly told that my sick pay would not be used and I had summarily lost it.

After calling corporate office they told me to contact the Market Manager Mike Brugger to straighten this out. Surprisingly the Walmart Corporate office was shocked at this. The Bloomington Personnel person Bonnie suddenly tried to claim that I had never faxed in my documentation even though I had the confirmation both verbally and in writing.

Now Delana at Bruggers office told me they were going to fix everything and yesterday, the check that was owned me (for even the days I was there physically working) is nonexistent.

As I saw a manager at the Bloomington make changes on the computer to employees schedules which I thought was very illegal, it makes me wonder if there applying their magic to mine too.

If other people who've worked there have had a similar experience let me know.

Thanks,

William Johnson
Do
  7th of Sep, 2010
Dear [censor],

They offered you a full refund. Disassemble the pavilion and bring it back. Just because you are lazy doesn't mean they should take a loss.

Sincerely,

Anyone who has ever worked in customer service.

P.S. Enjoy your pavilion, [censor].

Sam's Club / Sam's West Logo Sam's Club / Sam's West