Saks Off 5thmy two paid orders were cancelled for no reason

N Nov 16, 2017 Review updated:

I placed two orders on Nov 13, 2017 and paid by Visa. On Nov 16 @ 16:52 I received a call from Saks OFF 5th. I was driving and missed the call, but I called back in two minutes @ 16:54. By then My both orders were already cancelled. The reason was I couldn't be reached to confirm some (??) information. Saks OFF 5th didn't give me even 5 minutes to respond. The payments were already approved by Visa. I was told the money will be returned to my Visa account within 48 hours. Basically my orders were cancelled for no reason after the payments were already made. I spoke with a rep and her supervisor. I asked to reinstate my orders. I was suggested assistance to replace the orders. Nothing else they could do. I felt mistreated as a customer. I can't explain how all this could happen and find it unacceptable.

• Updated by NVC · Nov 17, 2017

Is it fairly common to call one time without leaving a message and cancel the order literally next minute after they called?

• P
      Nov 17, 2017

They may have needed to confirm the information right away before any product was secured/shipped for you. Additionally, it is fairly common for stores to be unable to reinstate a canceled order. Typically it needs to be replaced completely.

• P
      Nov 18, 2017

In regards to your update, I cannot say as I have not worked for Saks.