Safeway Stores / stupid policy
Safeway has some lame policies, but by far the most annoying to me is the practice of attempting to read your name off your receipt when you check out and trying to thank you, by name as you are heading out the door. Very insincere. Very stupid. They need to stop this at once.
Why? Well, for starters, check out clerks aren't the most literate people in the world so unless your name is smith or jones, they are going to mispronounce it. And since the name that appears by using a store "club card" is often wrong, they call people by the wrong name frequently.
I know because i have both problems. i have the wrong name on my club card and it is apparently difficult for safeway employees to pronounce although i don't see the problem, really (it's Voightlander). For the past five years, employees in the Santa Rosa, CA Safeway (4th Street) where I shop have been calling me that name. I tell them it's not me but they still do it. And they absolutely butcher it every time. I've gotten to the point where I just answer to it and usually help them with the pronunciation. Sometimes I'll offer an explanation like, "Oh, it's Dutch.'" They just nod, blankly.
It just amazes me that some corporate genius thought this was a good idea.
More Safeway Stores Complaints & Reviews
- Safeway - false 
- Safeway - conduct unbecoming of the store manager named michael 
- Safeway - safeway store manager 
- Safeway - crv charge for meat! 
- Safeway $10 Off $75 Purchase Coupon - misleading coupon 
- Safeway - management refusing service animals
- Safeway, Lake Stevens, WA - gift card stolen digitally before used, and not compensated!
- Safeway - customer service employee
- Safeway 983, Lakeport, CA - pharmacy
- Safeway - 40th and donald eugene, or safeway pharmacy